On the Trail: August 4, 2012
August 4th, 2012

On the Trail: August 4, 2012

(CNN) - President Barack Obama is off the campaign trail on Saturday as he celebrates his 51st birthday, beginning with a round of golf Saturday morning. He will travel to Camp David later in the day, the White House said.

Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney will campaign with Richard Mourdock, the Republican candidate for the US Senate from Indiana, then attends a fund-raiser.

Vice President Joe Biden will speak at the Disabled American Veterans National Convention in Las Vegas.

Govs. Rick Scott of Florida and Bobby Jindal of Louisiana will be among those speaking at the conservative RedState meeting in Jacksonville, Florida.

See the full schedule after the jump.

3:50 p.m. ET: Mitt Romney holds a campaign event for Richard Mourdock in Evansville, Indiana.

Filed under: On the Trail
  1. Marie MD

Those signs make me laugh because that is about the size of any crowd that comes out to see this rich country club no solutions, no plans, nobody.
    At least scott is staying in his own state. Mr. Mardi Gras doesn't have anything better to do in his state?

August 4, 2012 09:41 am at 9:41 am |
  2. Larry L

I suspect MENSA won't send recruiter at the "RedState" meeting.

August 4, 2012 10:23 am at 10:23 am |
  3. Sidney S.

Today I let my dog pee on a Romney poster in the neighborhood. That's how vile I think the man is. My dog enjoyed it too!

August 4, 2012 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  4. PJ

"Romney holds a campaign event for Richard Mourdock....", the guy who says his idea of compromise is when the
    Democrats do what the Republicans tell them to do. I hope Indiana is smarter than some of our Texans and kicks
    this guy to the curb.

August 4, 2012 11:28 am at 11:28 am |
  5. ST

Is that the holy site of Romney? The signs make me yawn. Four in one???? Way to go Mr. severely conservative who can not release his Tax Returns, just waiting for the pressure to build up in a vigorous force.

August 4, 2012 11:59 am at 11:59 am |
  6. Peace

The signs read:. "Romney believe in America". Here is my question: Do Americans believe in him?

August 4, 2012 12:16 pm at 12:16 pm |
  7. sargesgiftshop.com

I am a DAV, were I in charge, I wouldn't let the moron Biden within 500' of our convention.

August 4, 2012 12:16 pm at 12:16 pm |
  8. Thomas

I love that photo !
    All the Romney posters , just like trees all the same hight.

And in the background a yellow school bus with a stop sign .

As if to say , " STOP ROMNEY ".

August 4, 2012 12:44 pm at 12:44 pm |
  9. george of the jungle

Happy birthday Mr. President. Inspite of all the nasty childish cards sent by the lame repo congress and its party. Romney has still dodged his tax returns and we will not let it pass. You need to put your money where your mouth is not Harry. I hope he makes you crazy calling for disclosure. Vote all repos out Forward 2012

August 4, 2012 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
  10. Tyrone

So The guy swore under oath in the past & commited Pejury to save a few Mill & got away with it. How can you be a Utah Citizen when you live full time in Mass???

August 4, 2012 01:02 pm at 1:02 pm |
  11. Tyrone

Fine I will tone it down, But thats real what he did with that tax evasion thing. This guys a real dirtbag.

August 4, 2012 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  12. Tyrone

& another thing before signing off, Yall ever see a Black elder in the salt Lake temple Cult ?? No Racism is Alive & kicking in The land of Tabby Nackles!!!!!!

August 4, 2012 01:22 pm at 1:22 pm |
  13. Hal

Looks like more Romney signs are being printed than the number of Romney voters.

August 4, 2012 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  14. "If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen." --B. Obama

Guess the uhbama needed a break from all those fundraisers. That can get tiresome.

August 4, 2012 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  15. Capitalists

What does Joe Biden know about disabled veterans? During the Vietnam War he received 5 Draft Deferments between 1963-1968. Atleast he'll have the chance to see nutbag Harry Reid.

August 4, 2012 02:36 pm at 2:36 pm |