Biden's dating advice
August 13th, 2012

Biden's dating advice

(CNN) – While glad-handing with supporters Monday at an impromptu stop at a fire station in North Carolina, Vice President Joe Biden offered his trademark dating advice to young female supporters.

"No dates until you're 30," Biden told a young girl as he greeted firefighters and their families in a small crowd at Hillsborough Fire Department.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

The vice president took a break from the campaign trail to pander to local supporters. Biden smiled and shook hands, even calling some of the firefighters by name.

As he worked his way through down a line of families, Biden stopped to talk to another young woman who introduced him to her cousin and brother.

"Know what my dad... used to say? You have one job: Keep boys away from your sister," Biden said to the brother.

Biden has offered similar dating advice in the past, most notably to some of the young daughters of newly-elected senators who Biden swore in last year.

Filed under: Joe Biden
  1. Marie MD

NOTE to the flip flopper, why don't you start doing what the AK mutant did? Write what you need to say on the palm of your hand. You already announced that your vp nominee is the next president (a mistake anyone can make) but you are NOW calling him the vp nominee afraid you will call him o'ryan also?
    You are truly a waste oc oxygen!

August 14, 2012 12:55 pm at 12:55 pm |
  2. wiccanmethuselah

Rock on, Sniffit, rock on! :)

August 14, 2012 12:57 pm at 12:57 pm |
  3. Ashe

Biden's debate against Palin was not very impressive. Even with a lot of help from the media/moderator during the debate Biden is going to look even more trivial and inept than he does every day on the campaign trail. Biden is just not very bright and no matter how long he has been around his lacking mental acuity will hurt him.

August 14, 2012 12:58 pm at 12:58 pm |
  4. cali girl

Not sure at all this is political news. I like the fact though that Biden was talking with firefighters. They are all my heroes.

August 14, 2012 01:02 pm at 1:02 pm |
  5. FLIndependent

Biden is an all around good guy and the real Catholic, as opposed to Ryan who wants to gut progams for the poor and needy.

August 14, 2012 01:06 pm at 1:06 pm |
  6. Sniffit

"I have replaced "purported returns" with "SOCIAL SECURITY PAYMENTS"
    I have replaced "investors" with "RETIREES"
    I have replaced "new investors" with "FUTURE RETIREES""

And therein lies the problem. They aren't interchangeable in the first place, so all you've done is engage in circular logic.

August 14, 2012 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  7. ART

You know what go ahead and elect a guy who stands for absolutely nothing, panders to the people he's in front of,and has hidden his wealth in foreign banks to avoid paying taxes. Thats just what the country needs more of the same crap that caused our economy to tank. Romney and all Rethuglicnas are the problem and not the solution.

August 14, 2012 01:28 pm at 1:28 pm |
  8. No-surprise

That is right Demo cry babies.... All we hear is "give us those free benefits", "I want my welfare and food stamp bottle", "don't take away my government US taxpayer funded birth control and abortions", "pay for my college education", "feed me and cloth me forever", and my favorite "let me sucking on the 1%,rs T-I-T until I'm too old and sick and then you can put me in front of the Obama Care death panel".

August 14, 2012 01:35 pm at 1:35 pm |
  9. No-surprise

WORKING CLASS code word for UNION WORKERS

August 14, 2012 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  10. v_mag

No-(brain)-surprise said: All we hear is "give us those free benefits"...
    ---
    I haven't heard that once from liberals. However I do hear that from the Rich-publicans wanting free money in the form of tax cuts for themselves. The real welfare problem in this country is all the vast amounts of money going from working folks to the rich.

August 14, 2012 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  11. Wilson

@v_mag

No-(brain)-surprise said: All we hear is "give us those free benefits"...
    ------------------------------------------–
    Then you obviously are not paying attention. Ooops! There goes your credibility.

August 14, 2012 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  12. Sniffit

"That is right Demo cry babies.... All we hear is..."

Funny, because I would bet my left foot that you pay absolutely no attention to what Dems/liberals actually have to say whatsoever and get all your information from right wing bobbleheads like the Faux Noise circus, Limbaugh, World Net Daily conspiracy theorists and Beck. Ergo, you're not hearing those things from Dems/liberals...yo're hearing it from said right wing demagogues, who are in fact the only ones saying anything like that, because Dems/liberals certainly aren't (no matter how fervently you ignore that fact in order to rely on your comfortable delusions).

August 14, 2012 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  13. No-surprise

@V-mag it

then go to SSA or any welfare office and ask people there to be honest.

Turth is hard to hear...all the way to Washington Dem offices.

Joe needs to retire... And collect the rest of my hard earned money.

August 14, 2012 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |
  14. manhandler1

All this right wing talk about regular people being helped out, but nary a word about uber rich corporations such as multi billion dollar oil companies receiving tax subsidies. That's because they are only against help for those who really need it.

August 14, 2012 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  15. Klancy Schmertz

Glad to see his sense of humor.
    We need more of that, less attacking. Less Win-Lose and more Win-Win.

August 14, 2012 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |