Ann Romney gets Secret Service protection
August 26th, 2012

Ann Romney gets Secret Service protection

(CNN) – Ann Romney, wife of presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney, was spotted with a Secret Service detail Sunday morning.

Ann Romney was seen with the detail in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire, where she and her husband are spending some time before heading to Tampa, Florida, for the Republican National Convention.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

Her press secretary, Sarah Haley, confirmed the protection began Friday.

Mitt Romney started receiving Secret Service protection in February while he campaigned for the GOP nomination.

Tune it to CNN's documentary "Romney Revealed: Family, Faith and the Road to Power," with Chief Political Analyst Gloria Borger, debuting Sunday night at 8 p.m. ET on CNN.

Filed under: 2012 • Ann Romney
  1. They ought to change from the elephant to the hippo...

Doesn't she have her own bodyguards? Is the Secret Service protecting her horse, too?

August 26, 2012 12:56 pm at 12:56 pm |
  2. MaryM

Because she continues to use her "YOU PEOPLE" language and smug remarks

August 26, 2012 01:13 pm at 1:13 pm |
  3. OhioDem

YAY! Now I get to comment every day about Ann Romney wasting taxpayer dollars!!!!! *note sarcasm*

August 26, 2012 01:40 pm at 1:40 pm |
  4. Peter

Dress rehearsal.

August 26, 2012 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  5. proudmemberofglobalzero

I am sorry but I cannot afford this. She can pay for it herself. When are we tax payers going to quit paying for candidates SS. I stand on my feet 10 to 12 hrs a day at my job. I make enough to survive but nothing else. I don't go to movies, out to dinner, take vacations, but I pay my bills on time. I can barley afford to keep my daughter in college. I eat once a day and not much more.

August 26, 2012 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  6. The Elephant In The Room

I can`t help but recall the treatment of Mrs. Obama and contrast that with Anne Romney.

1.) Can you imagine if Michelle has said that she was intimately involved in the VP selection process the way Mrs. Romney was?

2.) Can you imagine if Mrs. Obama had shown the seething anger and secrecy around their tax returns that Anne showed? Where is that "elitist label" they threw around in 2008 at the Obamas?

3.) And why is the RNC apoplectic about Anne Romney getting "prime time TV exposure" during the Republican convention? She IS NOT the one running for office, is she? And if Mitt is so stiff, inhuman and incomplete without her explainations of him, then is he really what we want in the Oval office. Is she going to go along on diplomatic visits to EXPLAIN Mitt to foreign dignitaries?

The separate & unequal treatment of these two ladies as they participated in the run up to their spouse`s 1st Presidential election speaks volumes about this country.

August 26, 2012 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  7. anthony76

Welfare for the rich?
    I don't want my tax payer dollars going to protect her. She can afford it herself.
    If her husband earned the office of Presidency, then yes. Otherwise.. let her pay for her own security detail to protect her from the likes of "us people".

August 26, 2012 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  8. Thomas

I would hope she has , it's standard policy .

However I don't think her horse needs a Secret Service detail .

August 26, 2012 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  9. M

Come November 7, 2012 Ann Romney will be back to driving herself around in her "couple of Cadillacs".

August 26, 2012 02:44 pm at 2:44 pm |
  10. Bessy

PLEASE ! This is ridiculous. She is not running for office, although I really wonder sometimes who really is in charge of the show. Talk about a waste of taxpayers money. If ( a big if ) and when he would be elected then it would be time to provide Secret Service protection for her. They have enough money to provide their own body guards. What takers these people are.

August 26, 2012 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  11. Babes in Wonderland

Did the household help threaten to quit? Gimme a break!

August 26, 2012 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |