Ryan in the political spotlight with convention speech
August 29th, 2012

Ryan in the political spotlight with convention speech

Tampa, Florida (CNN) - – In the biggest speech of his still young political career, GOP vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan will tell the Republican National Convention on Wednesday night that time is running out to solve the nation's fiscal problems, but Mitt Romney and he can do it if elected in November.

"We will not duck the tough issues - we will lead," Ryan will say in his prime-time address that will be televised nationwide, according to excerpts released by the Romney campaign. "... The work ahead will be hard. These times demand the best of us - all of us, but we can do this. Together, we can do this."

FULL STORY

Filed under: 2012 • Paul Ryan • Republican National Convention
  1. WiredweirdinSF

I think he should use the line "Nobel Peace Prize? You didn't earn that. Someone else made that happen."

August 29, 2012 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |
  2. Marie MD

Fiscal expert? Most financial wizards have stated that the altar boy's budget is horrible. His H.R. 3 bill which he co wrote with akin sets women back to the Middle Ages. Medicare would cease to exist and would become a good luck if anyone wants to pick your insurance as you get old.
    As far as working class Americans (like he and the flip floppef really give a crap about them) there was an article in the Washington Post, if I remember the right newspaper itmcould have been the Baltimor Sun, saying that none oc his so called ideas should help even the people in his own city.
    BTW – its not anticipated. It's just the same lies anc bashing of the President and those blue eyes look much better on a Border Collie!

August 29, 2012 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  3. Wire Palladin, S. F.

I look forward to Ayn Ryan telling women that he authored and voted over 60 times in congress to restrict their constitutional rights and their reproductive rights. Then he can follow up with 33 attempts to repeal the Affordable Care Act. Finally, he can explain how vouchers will help seniors as much as his tax cuts for the wealthy plans. By the way, do you think he will tell people that tax cuts for the wealthy create jobs?

August 29, 2012 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  4. Wire Palladin, S. F.

While republicans are trying to convince their misinformed followers that they had nothing to do with the $16 trillion national debt, it is safe to say, "Obama did not build that." Republicans are responsible for $12 trillion of it.

August 29, 2012 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  5. Anonymous

Do you think he'll remind the crowd that he forces his staff to read Atlas Shrugged? To quote Mr. Paul:

“I grew up reading Ayn Rand, and it taught me quite a bit about who I am and what my value systems are and what my beliefs are. It’s inspired me so much that it’s required reading in my office for all my interns and my staff.”

For those who aren't familiar with Ayn Rand, she was a Russian Atheist who contemptuously stated among other things that she didn't think that family is a necessary unit of society.

Interesting that Mitt Romney would choose a man who admires Ms Rand –and one assumes her philosophy– as his running mate.

August 29, 2012 02:49 pm at 2:49 pm |
  6. cali girl

Look at all the white people.
    Wire palladin I think Ryan is going to duck and dodge the issue. One interview with the press, the questions pounded Ryan with his define word "Forcible" Rape, he dodged the answer by saying rape is rape. Would not and could not directly answer the question. Being pressed to answer the forcible part, Ryan simple said he is proud of his record and stands by it. Another thing he will not confirm is that Ryan said rape is a form of conception.

August 29, 2012 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  7. Marie MD

The flip flopper picked a pretty (I disagree 100%) boy to try to attract the women (same as the mccain cskp thinking that that woman could even come close to replacing Clinton). Unfortunately he forgot to mention that like Ted Bundy who was a good looking serial killer women are more sophisticated in 2012 and as far as the altar boy is concerned it will be grandpa and grandma!

August 29, 2012 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  8. WiredWeirdinSF

Sure a lot of hatred, devisiveness and deceit among the democrat liberals isn't there. Guess they get it from their owners, the corrupt unions, dope addicts and welfare frauds.

August 29, 2012 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  9. Ray

By Stephen Lacey on Aug 28, 2012 at 3:03 pm

When Mitt Romney campaigned at an Ohio coal mine earlier this month, he might not have realized that the miners were forced to be there — without pay — by the owner, Murray Energy.

That’s according to accounts from multiple coal miners, who sent anonymous letters to a local radio station criticizing Murray Energy for allegedly requiring all workers to take the day off, forgo pay, and attend a Romney campaign event.

August 29, 2012 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |
  10. Rudy NYC

WiredweirdinSF wrote:

---------------------
    You are so correct. The world was so glad that the American voters didn't elect another Republican that they gave us the Nobel Peace Prize and Pres. Obama was our representative to pick it up.

August 29, 2012 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  11. Rudy NYC

WiredWeirdinSF wrote:

---------------
    Nope. Conservatives are perceive hatred and devisiveness because it is being inflicted upon them by their own party.

"He isn't one of us." Bachman
    "He should learn to be an American." Sununun
    "I don't want to give a welfare check to 'blah' people...." Santorum
    "Where is Obama's birth certificate." Too many to choose from.

August 29, 2012 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  12. lies from the right - and mostly hate

If Ryan is such a "fiscal expert" why is it that reduced taxes for the 1% job creators is a TOTAL DISASTER and his budget plan has been dismissed by REAL fiscal experts as unworkable and unfunded ???

August 29, 2012 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  13. Pete

I'm glad I don't watch that exremist stuff,makes my stomach sick thinking about what would happen if that Mormon moron got loose as president and his socialist sidekick in Ryan.Say goodbye Medicare,Medicaid,education as we know it,abortion rights for women a thing of the past,voter supression,they've already stole votes thanks to Jeb in the 2000 election,how bout again,it worked with republicans as judges why not!!Tax breaks for wealthy elitist like Romney,no Capital gains taxes either,give the millionaires everything they deserve ,right,just ask Ann,she said so!!!She said quit asking questions and put her husband in there,the black guy has to go,we don't acknowledge them as people anyway,we as mormons are destined for it,aren't we,just ask John Smith,the mormons should rule the roost,only white AngloSaxon males should be president as someone once proclaimed.It's their inherient right,their destiny and should be followed to the Mormon letter,just as John Smith,Brigham Young would have wanted,the supreme white race above one and all to rule the country and if you want economic,financial problems they'll give you that too in triplicate as long as they're on top...So vote for that so called dynamic duo,yah right,more like dumb and dumber for republicans again,ya think they'd get tired of having losers for candidates or presidents,been that way since Hoover ,the Great Depression guy,but that's republicans losers all,keep up the good work,you're voting perfect!!!

August 29, 2012 03:50 pm at 3:50 pm |
  14. Rudy NYC

Anonymous

-------------------------------–
    ....and both "Fountainhead" and "Atlas Shrugged" were works of fiction. Life imitates art. Imagine that.

August 29, 2012 04:02 pm at 4:02 pm |
  15. Wire Palladin, S. F.

Thanks for the post, Ray. It looks like Murray Energy is the reason we need unions.

August 29, 2012 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |