August 29th, 2012

Video: America can't lead from behind, Rice says

(CNN) - At the Republican National Convention, former secretary of state Condoleezza Rice speaks about the United States' role in international affairs.

1. myviewis

Unfortunately, many Americans want to be like Europe and be lead and be told what to do and have someone come by and drop off some food and live on that once a month check. Do I know what I'm talking about, ummmm I guess I do since I come from Europe.

August 30, 2012 12:01 am at 12:01 am |
  2. AaronT3

Yea Connie, we need to lead like your old crew (Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld) lead us into Iraq. Murdering over 100,000 people (including Americans soldiers) looking for WMD's and links to Al Qaeda, neither of which were found. You War Profiteering Mongering Republican Tea Bagz are the Bane of America.

August 30, 2012 12:01 am at 12:01 am |
  3. the situation

With all due respect Ms. Secretary, you were a key player in destroying America.

August 30, 2012 12:04 am at 12:04 am |
  4. Larry L

When the Bush Administration got us into the Iraq War George "W" was leading from the front... far in front of the intelligence data, in front of his military staff who advised against the war, and finally in the front of an aircraft carrier with the "Mission Accomplished! banner behind him. She was in front when we made the US the laughing stock of the World Community – led by a disorganized cowboy and an evil industrialist deeply in the pockets of the defense contractors. Please... no more advice from the folks who caused the problems we have now!

August 30, 2012 12:16 am at 12:16 am |
  5. Ashton

Great speech tonight. Romney/Ryan 2012.

August 30, 2012 12:16 am at 12:16 am |
  6. USA

Condi Rice is the most inspirational women I have ever heard speak. I kow that people think Oprah is the most successful black woman in the world but I feel it's Condi Rice who the most successful. Oprah may have more money, but Condi was respresentative of the United States, to me that's more successful.

August 30, 2012 12:35 am at 12:35 am |
  7. Are you kidding me?

Condie might be smart but she is not too bright when she assesses where we are as a country. If the GOP worked in good faith with our president instead of standing in a corner and crying like spoiled brats they would carry more influence. But alas they did not do anything to help improve our relations overseas.

August 30, 2012 01:18 am at 1:18 am |
  8. gradgirl

Rice beating those drums of war. Who will pay for our leadership?

August 30, 2012 01:44 am at 1:44 am |
  9. Tom L

I'm sure Sniffit will say something like "Condeleeza's parents lied to her! She is not President!!" in his typical condescending, angry, vitriolic, hateful way.

August 30, 2012 02:06 am at 2:06 am |
  10. Waderadio

What an invirgorating speech!! Maybe delegates should be giving her the nomination. I wonder if what the political landscape would look like today if Dr. Rice was in the race....hmmm.

Cheers

August 30, 2012 03:47 am at 3:47 am |
  11. 200 ton hammer

Dr rice actually supports President Obama
    she just used that chance too explained too
    the American people's that mitt/Ryan don't
    have a real plan too lead the united states
    from the front.she knows president Obama
    has a plan too keep leading from the front

August 30, 2012 05:20 am at 5:20 am |
  12. J.V.Hodgson

Hello re Free trade two ratified with South America after republican stalls. TPP ongoing involving multiple asean nations and Canada.
    Lead from the front instead of behind = the only option is war again and we can neiter afford the money cost or the national treasure cost thats what most Americans say.
    What are you going to do because in the UN China and Russia have a veto so syria re-entering Iraq + geting a coalition of other nations ( they wont even UK wont) or do it ourselves... get real. That is not going to happen as alone means congressional approval for war, and that is impossible or the party that does will be toast in every election thereafter.
    Regards,
    Hodgson.

August 30, 2012 05:53 am at 5:53 am |
  13. vadkov

She is smart and wonderfull woman

August 30, 2012 06:23 am at 6:23 am |
  14. Marie MD

I have lost all respect for rice. If anyone should know about a failed administration is this woman. She was his right and left hand then secretary of state.
    She IS responsible, like the altar boy, for the Iraq war and the thousand of lives lost.
    These tepugs really and truly lack character and empathy and ethics!

August 30, 2012 06:27 am at 6:27 am |
  15. T'sah From Virginia

I think Rice's speech bashed President Obama in a subtle way, but her interviews after the speech instantly brought back everything that was WRONG about her; the Iraq war that she keeps insisting it was the right war and her continuance to protect BUSH!!! As an African American woman, I am proud of her lifelong success but she does not speak my language and her interviews reminded me of that!!

Obama 2012 – The Only Trusted Way Forward!!

August 30, 2012 07:01 am at 7:01 am |
  16. w l jones

It about time for other country to help pickup the mantle in international affair.Bless.

August 30, 2012 07:14 am at 7:14 am |
  17. Ben M

I guess you did better than Hillary Clinton...Grow up!!! You didn't do have of our current secretary of state is doing. You should be ashamed of yourself.

August 30, 2012 07:37 am at 7:37 am |