Tampa, Florida (CNN) - Mitt Romney accepted the Republican Party's nomination for the presidency on Thursday night, culminating a convention shortened to three days by Tropical Storm Isaac.
The closing image from the convention's final night was Romney with running mate Paul Ryan surrounded by their families and showered with balloons. But the lasting image might be Clint Eastwood speaking to an empty chair.
Here are five things we learned Thursday...
Vote a tax cheat for president,go romney , vote a teaparty extremest that will destroy Medicare and soc sec ,vote Ryan akins BACHMANN in 3012!!!!!!!
The same people that got us into this mess have nothing new is what I learned .
I don't believe in Romney at all .
Romney may say that he believes in America, but he refuses to release all of his tax returns. Ultimately, Romney's lack of credibility is going to cost him the election. He gives America no reason to believe him.
the RNC convention showed America what the Republicans WANT America to look like......The DNC convention will show America what is DOES really look like. Think about it!
Mitt Romney started his campaign out on a lie with an ads that took Pres.Obama speech out of context. Romney never correct the ad. Now Romney's lies are spreading like a wildfire to Ryan, GOP Convention and even to old man Clint. It's out of control news outlet can't stop them from lying. Do we want Romney/Ryan over our military with all these lies? We have people lives at stake.
From what I have heard on the news (I can't stomach looking of this guy for longer than I have to) he finally mentioned his Mexican heritage but he forgot to say that his ancestors moved to Mexico not for the love of the country but for the love of having many wives and a bunch of kids with different women.
He is NOT going to raise taxes. Of course not. Why would he allowed the bush tax cuts to expire. He and his rich friends would have to pay more than 13% or less in some cases of tax while the middle class still pays an average of 28%.
Even if I had endured this man's lies again last night I would NEVER vote for a man who has no principles, ethics, morals, empathy and can't keep track of what he said or did todau because tomorrow you know he is going to change his mind. It's like an abuser. He beats you up today but he still loves you. Yeah, right!
How to stash money in cayman island, sack kb toys, send jobs to china, India.,
I know a lot of people who have done great things on a personal level to help people. That being said.....what does he plan for the country? I don't know how any Veteran can support this man. When my husband was in Vietnam fighting and getting shot, Mitt Romney was in France doing "missionary work". And if you listen to what he, John McCain, and Condi Rice said – we'll be in another war if this man is elected. How can Veterans support this man who said absolutely nothing about our wonderful soldiers that are right now fighting! How can Jeb Bush talk about how George W. Bush kept us safe – 9/11 happened on HIS watch! Thousands of Americans were killed on American soil on Bush's watch. So in reality Bush did not keep us safe! We have not been attacked over the past 4 years – President Obama has kept us safe. What is Romney's plan to do that? Listening to these people we'll be at war with Iran and Russia before 2013 is out if we elect Romney. This election is not about personality, it's about what the leader of this country will do to help it's citizens. Look at Romney's policies – He will not help struggling Americans! Again I say, read people, educate yourselves!
The first one should be GOP is not a viable party in the 21st century.
1. Nope – Romney is still an enigma to 99% of Americans. He still has no clue what average people do every day, nor how they struggle to cope with making ends meet and hoping for a better life for their children.
2. Yes. This election is a referendum. Do we want a return to the economic policies that led us into this mess we are currently in, or do we want to continue to restore our economy. Folks tend to forget that after the stock market crash, it took until 1942 to get America back to pre-Depression productivity levels. Without a little thing called WW2, it probably would have taken until 1948.
3. Oh, God help us if this guy ever becomes President. C'mon, Republicans. Rubio used the Florida Republican Party bank accounts as his own piggy bank. He continually misrepresents the fact that his parents immigrated to the US while our buddy, Batista, was still in charge of Florida.
4. Right on, Jeb. Show these cowards that they cannot deny they supported just about every one of your father's and brother's initiatives with no questions asked. The only apostasy in the Republican Party today is insistence on following a path they claim is a Goldwater/Reagan type philosophy, but bears no resemblance to their personal philosophies of government. Remind them again that Ronald Reagan presided over the largest Tax Increase in the Post-WW2 era.
5. Nice bit of theater. Too bad it really doesn't mean anything.
if this gig don,t work out maybe mitt could get a job sending fox news back overseas to murdock and the saudi,s
republicans know if they can lies americans into to going to a needless war,they can lie them into anything
Romney will not, or knows that he cannot, spell out his plans for America. Yet he asks America to trust him. Given his history of flip-flopping on issues and his refusal to release his tax returns, trust is not happening.
I learned that this flip-flopping, pandering, phony man will never be president.
Big one- Republicans live either in an alternative universe, or simply have no ability to differenciate between fantasy and reality. Also, they have trouble making factual statements.