Nicki Minaj backs Romney?
September 4th, 2012

Nicki Minaj backs Romney?

(CNN) – Rapper Nicki Minaj goes political in her latest lyrics, and not the way some would assume for a major celebrity.

"I'm a Republican voting for Mitt Romney," Minaj raps on a new release from Lil' Wayne. "You lazy b-hes is f-ing up the economy."

Minaj's latest lyrics were reported last night by outlets including The Huffington Post and Gawker.

Despite her proclamation, most observers seemed skeptical that Minaj was actually endorsing Romney, since she frequently assumes different personalities in her lyrics.

Minaj has delved into politics before on Twitter, including a plea to President Barack Obama to expand his sweeping health care law.

"Just give FREE health care to all. @BarackObama what can we do?" Minaj tweeted in June.

"@BarackObama I wouldn't mind the millions they took if it was going to healthcare. Why should a poor person struggle to pay for MEDS sir?" she added.

Minaj was recently announced as a judge on next season's "American Idol."

Filed under: 2012 • Mitt Romney
  1. Strategic Bob

yet another reason to not vote for Romney!!!!!

September 4, 2012 10:32 am at 10:32 am |
  2. jean

How much money is Ms Nicki rapper making? hmmmm

September 4, 2012 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  3. Laverne

She is just trying to bring attention to herself. Little miss broke ass all her life and now she is making some money and have the nerve to call other people lazy. Take away the voice and she probably couldn't even add or subtract.

September 4, 2012 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  4. some guy in New Hampshire

Another low-information voter. There's something called Congress. It needs to enacts budgets, spending measures, economic stimulus programs. Presidents don't do those things. Presidents aren't kings; they don't rule by decree. If you want to place blame for economic stagnation, look under the Capital dome.

September 4, 2012 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  5. IntelligentDesign

PLEASE PEOPLE LISTEN TO THE RECORD. SHE IS NOT ENDORSING HIM SHE IS MAKING FUN OF HIM. Sooner or later she will clarify what is being said about her.

September 4, 2012 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  6. Ron L- Mich

This is a publicity stunt....don't give it any time so it will go away....

September 4, 2012 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  7. Chris of Oregon

You go Miss Nicki! Just like you I was hoping good things turn out after I voted Obama in 2008. He failed in so many things when I see my friends one after the other losing jobs, losing houses and don't know if I'll be next since we are now in 16 Trillion in debt hours from now. Unstable future. HOPE AND CHANGE WHERE ART THOUGH? HOPE AND CHANGE, OBAMA WHERE ART THOUGH?

September 4, 2012 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  8. kelvin

anyone who is influenced by nicki minaj should not be allowed to vote

September 4, 2012 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  9. Al-NY,NY

oooooh. What a coup for Flip.....I'll bet he's just glowing after he hears this one.

September 4, 2012 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  10. Phyllis G Williams

"Speak not evil one of another"..."who art thou that judgest another?" (James 4: 11-12 ; Romans 14: 4)

September 4, 2012 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  11. Me IN HOUSTON

well...she does make enough money to vote Republican
    she's like a Black Britney Spears
    I wonder if the Romney campaign will welcome her support?
    The Mormons believe she is marked to be a servant anyway.
    I never really like her music, it's not like she has great lyrical content
    however, her butt (which is fake) is quite appealing to me and the only reason I pay her any attention at all
    I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CANNOT LIE!!!

September 4, 2012 10:45 am at 10:45 am |
  12. Pete

Pres.Obama needs more of her and her music,she'll wake up the young voters ,she's them,young,enthusiastic looking for a better tommorrow and willing to do something about it.Minaj,your singing will inspire voters,the young ones to turn these hypocritical republicans back under their rock for at least 4 more years,do us the Democrates a favor,sing the presidents praises till republicans stop,they're driving intelligent people nuts!!

September 4, 2012 10:52 am at 10:52 am |
  13. Ronda in Houston,TX

American Idol...watch out.

September 4, 2012 10:52 am at 10:52 am |
  14. frank

Does anyone think she should influence their vote? How ridiculous.

September 4, 2012 10:54 am at 10:54 am |
  15. jhl

With all due respect to Nicki, George, Clint, et al, why would anyone take his/her political guidance from an entertainer?

September 4, 2012 10:54 am at 10:54 am |
  16. Mike in NJ

The empty, vapid look in this person's eyes tells me she is really not someone to look to for leadership advice. Have a great day.

September 4, 2012 10:55 am at 10:55 am |
  17. Lee Korman

She probably thinks Romney is our president

September 4, 2012 10:58 am at 10:58 am |
  18. tundrayeti

Please list the peer reviewed papers on economics that Nicki Minaj has had published. Or at the least give the name of the universities where she earned her undergrad, masters, and PhD in economics...

Perhaps this shouldn't be the go-to person for commentary about economics.

September 4, 2012 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  19. faboge

why not? She is as rich as Romney now!

September 4, 2012 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  20. Pete

very talented musician.

/sarcasm

September 4, 2012 11:00 am at 11:00 am |
  21. dowhatifeellike

I think it's a safe bet that we should stay away from whoever she chooses.

September 4, 2012 11:01 am at 11:01 am |
  22. Celeste

The fake Chinese weaved white hair is clouding her poor judgment! I wouldn’t listen to her music, but I bet Mitt would for a vote. I surely wouldn’t watch her on Idol either, but I stopped watching idol, too. Something is clearly strange about her; the hair doesn’t somehow fix the face?
    That will be four people of color for Willard Mitt Romney! That’s not bad! Allen West, Artur Davis, Condoleezza Rice and Nicki Minaj.

September 4, 2012 11:01 am at 11:01 am |
  23. Name Notmislead

How about we stop supporting her if she can't understand the fight and struggles working middle class people face everyday. You can rest assure it's not the 1% that's buying her CD's! She's done I want support individuals who don't understand they working class people who pay their taxes! Screw her!

September 4, 2012 11:01 am at 11:01 am |
  24. dowhatifeellike

I think it's a safe bet that we should avoid whoever she goes with.

September 4, 2012 11:01 am at 11:01 am |
  25. Canuck

I can totally understand the frustration with Obama, he has not delivered on much that he promised. What I can't understand is the notion that the Republicans are going to magically solve America's problems.

September 4, 2012 11:02 am at 11:02 am |