Photo: President Obama watches first lady's speech on TV with daughters
September 4th, 2012

Photo: President Obama watches first lady's speech on TV with daughters

(CNN) - President Barack Obama watched the first lady's speech at Charlotte's Democratic National Convention on television with daughters, Malia and Sasha, in the Treaty Room of the White House Tuesday.

Michelle Obama made a personal case for her husband's second term saying the president, "knows the American Dream because he's lived it."

The White House released an official photograph of the president and his daughters.

An Obama campaign official said Obama had dinner with his daughters, where they talked about their first day of school, before watching the speech together.

Earlier in the day, Obama campaigned in Virginia.

1. T'sah From Virginia

I swear – if you never heard of a "spittin' image', these children are just that – Malia is a "spittin' image" of Michelle and Sasha is a "spittin' image" of Barack – What a beautiful family!!!

Michelle Obama BARACK the HOUSE!!!!!!!! In the end, I cried because that was MY STORY, and I was able to relate to it and the AUDIENCE!!!!!!

Barack & Michelle Obama 2012 – The Only Trusted Way Forward!!

September 4, 2012 11:27 pm at 11:27 pm |
  2. romeo tcheimegni

President Obama, I love what ur wife say on the convention, honestly I cry at the end, n I want you and your family to know that we all love you and I will pray everyday so that God let you be our president so you can finish your job, and well done. May God bless you n your family, also may God bless America.

September 4, 2012 11:39 pm at 11:39 pm |
  3. angela

That is what we call real people for real people like us!

September 4, 2012 11:46 pm at 11:46 pm |
  4. "When you walk through the door of opportunity, you do not close it, you reach behind you and help someone else" Michelle O!

You should be very happy and proud poppa and husband, President O!

September 4, 2012 11:48 pm at 11:48 pm |
  5. Soliz

Phenomenal speech from the First Lady of United States of America. Standing ovation in our living room!

September 4, 2012 11:56 pm at 11:56 pm |
  6. "When you walk through the door of opportunity, you do not close it, you reach behind you and help someone else" Michelle O!

What is "WWJD?" Alex.

MIchelle O 2016!

September 5, 2012 12:01 am at 12:01 am |
  7. Yonni

We have a remarkable first lady

September 5, 2012 12:04 am at 12:04 am |
  8. Chris J

Oh I see, this is strictly a 'yes page' for Obama... No dissent allowed...

September 5, 2012 12:05 am at 12:05 am |
  9. Kay

You all do realize the almost all of the speaches from both parties are written by someone else and the person on the stage is just delivering it. Some of these comments almost sound like worship, reminds me of the 2008 relection when women actually passed out at hearing Obama. When these conventions are over everyone needs to come back down to earth and face reality. These are only people playing a part.

September 5, 2012 12:08 am at 12:08 am |
  10. Jay Gupta

Very very proud of our first lady :) Game over for GOP with wife's speech alone! God bless our first family and the USA

September 5, 2012 12:09 am at 12:09 am |
  11. valerie

Our first lady is first class. The message was so heart felt and loving for her family and all people. I've been a GOP for 25 years and tonight I'm for President Obama. Mrs Obama told my story....

September 5, 2012 12:15 am at 12:15 am |
  12. florida815

Thank you First Lady. What an inspiration. It's been a while since I've had a good cry. OBAMA 2012!

September 5, 2012 12:20 am at 12:20 am |
  13. juskym

I can't believe how mature both girls look! They are both so beautiful. Can't believe that just 4 years ago these young women looked like babies compared to how they look now. Obama 2012

September 5, 2012 12:30 am at 12:30 am |
  14. America's REAL First Family

This is a family I can relate to. Obama/Biden 2012

September 5, 2012 12:38 am at 12:38 am |
  15. Katherine

Yet another reason to love Barry!

September 5, 2012 12:45 am at 12:45 am |
  16. Sooner79

Awesome performance Michelle! Great family picture!!!

September 5, 2012 12:57 am at 12:57 am |
  17. Rhon

Loved the awesome speech & very, very grateful to have that family as my First Family!!!

September 5, 2012 01:05 am at 1:05 am |
  18. bb

Boy, I'd be happy too if I were a multi millionaire, duping the American people into another 4 years. Lets see those college transcripts Barack.

September 5, 2012 02:55 am at 2:55 am |
  19. ᾨ CHE ᾨ

Ordinary HUMAN Beings! A man and her daughters chilling!

Can’t BEAT that! Hello!

Unlike some deceitful, stiff neck, fake Billionaire. A Tax CHEAT with his Billions stashed outside US in 4-different countries wanting to be Pres.

Pres. Obama WINS 2012.

September 5, 2012 04:20 am at 4:20 am |
  20. I'm Just Saying Too .....

Mr. President, you don't have to say a word, the expression on your face says it all!! I want you to know that we Americans are as proud of our first lady as you apparently are. She really "knocked it out of the park" last night!!!!! The both of you are AWESOME and you are blessed with a wonderful family. May GOD be with all of you as you try to fix the mess you were left with!!! I wish you FOUR MORE YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 5, 2012 05:00 am at 5:00 am |
  21. california99

What a nice looking family! Great Dad! and a Trust-worthy President Obama! and a Cool Dude!

September 5, 2012 05:31 am at 5:31 am |
  22. Lady in Nebraska

What a wonderful speech from Michelle. This convention has way more dignity than the Republican one–I hope people stop and think who needs to run this country another 4 years.

September 5, 2012 05:39 am at 5:39 am |
  23. Scott

The frist thing that strikes me about this picture is not this a school night, should the kids not be in bed due to school. Then it hit me they are not in school as Obama is grooming then to be a burden on society, by living on public assistance.
    As for Michelle speech it was so so, not nearly as good as Anne Romneys speech, but that is to be expected. Anne has the class,, grace and beauty, she is very down to earth and a great family lady. She does not spend our tax dollars on trips overseas and shooping sprees in other countries like Michelle does.

Romney/Ryan the only way foward for a better America.

September 5, 2012 06:07 am at 6:07 am |
  24. obama is Out Of Touch with reality

lookie, its a waste of our tax dollars, its the obama's

September 5, 2012 07:01 am at 7:01 am |
  25. Gurgyl

Friend, do some substantial stuff--not just watch. Still, on obama12.
    I have confidence you steer to good.

September 5, 2012 07:03 am at 7:03 am |