Convention convenes for final night Thursday
September 6th, 2012

Convention convenes for final night Thursday

Charlotte, North Carolina (CNN) - The Democratic National Convention convenes for the final day Thursday at 4:30 p.m. ET, CNN has confirmed.

The event was originally scheduled to take place in the Bank of America stadium begining at 4 p.m. ET, but convention organizers moved it indoors due to bad weather forecasts.

In the night's final program, Vice President Joe Biden will open up for President Barack Obama at the Time Warner Cable arena where the first two nights of the convention were held.

1. Lynda/Minnesota

@Dominican mama 4 Obama
    I recall you posting that you had never missed watching a convention but that you wouldn't do so this year. Well my friend I did it in your stead. Thank you for inspiring me to do so. It was quite an exhilarating, at times, and enlightening experience.

Good for you! Good for you. I did try to watch the RNC, but just couldn't keep up with the boredom. Seriously. My daughter tried to keep me informed, but even she finally gave up watching. My husband (who is the lone Republican left in my family) has been watching the DNC, and kept increasing the volume on the TV Tuesday night ... which of course sucked me into watching. Bravo, Mr. Clinton! (I'd forgotten how powerful a speaker he is.)

I will be watching tonight.

Oh, yes. My husband is voting for President Obama .... again.

September 6, 2012 12:22 pm at 12:22 pm |
  2. Rudy NYC

The contrast between the RNC and DNC conventions is striking. But the differences are consistent with what we have seen from both campaigns.

The Romney campaign has consistently bungled simple problems that should have been anticipated and solved. Instead, the Romney campaign has put forth an message that is best defined as self propelled hate, and seem to expect that they surf that wave to victory. Case in point, releasing tax returns 3 weeks before the election.

The Obama campaign has more consistenly been out front on issues, most especially the issues that anyone who was looking at reality could anticipate, and easily solve. Case in point, defining Mitt Romney by taking a look at his supposed strength, Bain Capital, which Romney seems unwilling to discuss in any details. If he was really the benevolent job creator he claims to be, don't you think he should be shouting it from the mountaintops?

September 6, 2012 12:27 pm at 12:27 pm |
  3. Facts don't Lie

The GOP had their fingers and toes crossed that the jobs report tomorrow would be a bad one so they could hammer the president on it and put a downer on what has so far been a good week for him and the DNC. Well if the report here on CNN is correct and 200,000 jobs were added in August, the Dow has just shot up before it's been officially released, it will be interesting to see how Priebus and the boys will try to put a negative spin on it.

September 6, 2012 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  4. Wire Palladin, S. F.

If the jobs report shows what we believe, that the worst of the Bush republican near depression and the GOP obstruction have been overcome, it will mean the 30 consecutive months of job growth and 4.7 million jobs created.

September 6, 2012 12:32 pm at 12:32 pm |
  5. Sniffit

"it will be interesting to see how Priebus and the boys will try to put a negative spin on it."

Actually, it's as predictable as it gets: They'll first focus on the total number of jobs lost, including the millions of jobs lost under Bush and the out-of-control situtation that was ongoing as Obama took office, all while ignoring WHEN and WHY those jobs were lost, and then they will cite the net loss over the past 4 years while ignoring the millions of jobs that have been created oer the past 2+ years...all while pretending that correlation means causation, claiming that Obama is to blame, but failing to offer any substantive explanation of why we should believe such nonsense.

September 6, 2012 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  6. Wire Palladin, S. F.

Even in the red nanny states that get more federal money than they send in (GA, AL, MS, SC, TX, WY, AZ etc.) things should be getting better. Quite a tribute to the president.

September 6, 2012 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  7. WILLARD MILTON ROMNEY IS A COWARD & TAX EVADER

The President is going to knock his speech out of the park tonight. I'm just waiting for tomorrow morning for those jobs numbers. If 200,000 jobs were created in August republicans, you guys are up you know what creek without a paddle. Have you seen the Dow today?

September 6, 2012 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  8. cali girl

Game On. Arithmetic time: Democrats Up 1 to Nothing GOP.

September 6, 2012 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  9. Travis

I'd love to see some information on how much it costs to run a Republican and Democrat convention combined. I'm sure that amount of money could be better used elsewhere. Oh...I forget, they're all self-serving politicians who are partying..oops, I mean fighting for the middle class. I'm done with both of them.

September 6, 2012 12:57 pm at 12:57 pm |
  10. myviewis

I don't think Democrats are done with chaos at the Democratic National Convention. First the chaos of not using the Bank of America stadium.

But the 2nd one is truly chaos in the making when Gabby Giffords delivers the Pledge of Allegiance and says One Nation under GOD. Will Democrats split again over GOD and will they take another vote, 3 times????????

September 6, 2012 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  11. Beverly - NYC

DNC great convention, every night getting better, I don't mind the missed sleep. Far superior to the Tampa festival of lies. Clinton came home last night and hit it out of the park with FACTS. Even the tea trolls on the CNN boards are having a hard time propping up their card board cutout of a candidate. I am very much looking forward to the debates, President Obama will own Mitt Romney from the handshake. Tougher to bold face lie when the opponent is sitting in the room with you.

September 6, 2012 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |
  12. Beverly - NYC

Sniffit, as usual you are right on the money. Still it's fun to watch them tie themselves in knots explaining why we should all feel bad about 30 months of Not losing jobs.

September 6, 2012 01:08 pm at 1:08 pm |
  13. WiredweirdinSF

We have had 3 democrat liberal chairman that have called the Republicans nazis, a convicted perjuror gave the keynote address, a corrupt union boss who received billions of dollars of taxpayer money to save his job (not to mention the millions he recieved in stimulus money to rebuild his golf course for UAW executives), the head of the democrat liberal congressional campaign committee say what we saw on televisoin did not happen, the head of the CBC who is one step away from indictment for corruption screaming how great the libs are, drunken delgates posing as congressman passing out in hotel lobbies. a woman who wants me to pay for her birth control. This has been like some sort of very bizzare circus.

September 6, 2012 01:15 pm at 1:15 pm |
  14. Wire Palladin, S. F.

This could be a bad day for the "Birthers for Vouchers' crowd that makes up the majority of the GOP.

September 6, 2012 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  15. myviewis

WiredweirdinSF
    -------------

You forgot the Democrats had omitted God and Israel from the Democrat platform. Then, they backpedaled in their usual manner and reinstated God and Israel. The usual flip-flop, I said that but I didn't say that, I said I would but I really didn't and the famous one Let me explain what I said and you mis-understood.

September 6, 2012 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  16. It Depends what is "IS"

Unlike the Bill Clinton we know who always delivers with a velvet-voice and relaxed manner..what we saw and heard Sept5/12 on the D-convention-podium a Clinton delivering a speech in a screechy-voice and an uneasy body-language..
    "Did he mean what he said"...? Most of all did Pres Clinton's speech convince the American-people to give Pres Obama
    four-4-more years..? .....HECK NO!....To do what..grow the National DEBT to the point of no return for a real Recovery...
    To sum-up Pres Clinton's speech..."He said a lot...He left out a lot...He streched a lot"....

September 6, 2012 01:39 pm at 1:39 pm |
  17. once upon a horse

well one thing for certain about the jobs report tomorrow...if it is indeed a positive one Romney will say it's NOT due to anything that Obama has done, BUT if it's a negative one it'll all be Obama's fault. You can take that to the bank my friends.

September 6, 2012 01:40 pm at 1:40 pm |
  18. demwit

If we can only keep Uncle Joe away from the punch bowl..

September 6, 2012 01:41 pm at 1:41 pm |