(CNN) - While we learned that rising stars in the Democratic Party come in younger (Sandra Fluke) and older (Elizabeth Warren) versions, it was a party elder and established superstar (President Bill Clinton) who stole the show on Day Two of the Democratic convention.
Wednesday's session began amid controversy over language in the party's platform that saw a tumultuous voice vote. And another one. And another one. It's not the image Democrats wanted to project after a successful opening night.
I believe the GOP said they wanted to elevate the debate. Clinton just brought it to 150,000 feet. I don't think the GOP will get there in their hot air baloon.
I have never seen such a crowd. Wonderful speech. Obama12.
Hey – the republicans are stuck with the teabaggers and the dems are stuck with a group of ?? within their midst.
Let's just call it even. As much as we want everyone in our family to be perfect, it's impossible to control Uncle X or Auntie Y.
► Five things we learned from Day Two of the DNC◄
1. Clinton answered the questions, “Are we better off than we were 4 years ago” – EASILY
2. The audience was a crowd that MANY can relate to – a mixture of EVERYONE – pure diversity!!
3. All of the speakers tonight sent a heart-felt message that made a lot of sense to me
4. It’s a shame the event tonight must be moved indoors because of the upcoming stormy weather
5. But in the end, we’ll all cry tonight because it’ll be all of our stories as Obama puts it all together!!
Obama/Biden 2012 – The Only Trusted Way Forward and YES, We Know You Built That – We ALL Did!