September 10th, 2012

Video: Worry inside Romney campaign?

(CNN) - Is the Romney campaign starting to worry about the election? CNN's Jim Acosta reports.

Filed under: Mitt Romney
  1. Former Republican, now an Independent

I don't think the GOP is very worried yet. After all, they have enough secret money from anonymous donors to possibly buy the election. They have already bought up most of the television air time leading up to the election. Thank you supreme court for handing American elections over to anonymous foreign interests.

September 10, 2012 11:54 pm at 11:54 pm |
  2. Larry L

This is where Republicans pay the bill for the positions they took in the Primary and for the lack of specificity in their position. Independent voters aren't easy to fool like the right-wig bigots in the red states. True independents realize the Republicans started the problem, worked to obstruct progress, and now want to return to the same poicies. Wrong!

September 11, 2012 12:00 am at 12:00 am |
  3. J.V.Hodgson

Yes, and they should. Its not a question of Convention bounce ( thats been on the decline for ages) but its is the comparabilty of the bounce some of which may subside 1% plus Republicans/ Romney 6% plus Democrats/ Obama.
    We Americans, if any nation, know the risks of ignoring the devil in the detail.
    When Ryan starts talking " framework" is all the people need.... no siree. If Obama as you say got it ALL wrong how are you in detail GOING TO DO IT BETTER. If you don't tell me I'll stick with what I know Obama is doing in detail which may not be perfect but in the right + category. Carry on with the framework speech and I suspect a lot of other Americans share my above view re the detail and the devil.
    Regards,
    Hodgson.

September 11, 2012 12:35 am at 12:35 am |
  4. craigles

Well yes, they're losing.

September 11, 2012 01:01 am at 1:01 am |
  5. Squigman

Good. Maybe they've finally gotten the message that they are not the latest greatest thing to appear on the horizon. Just another smell from an already, fully filled latrine.

September 11, 2012 01:02 am at 1:02 am |
  6. swipedcard

Not fair, Romney bought and paid for this election.

Anyway, a few points behind is nothing a few hundred million shouldn't be able to fix.

September 11, 2012 01:33 am at 1:33 am |
  7. Debra McKinney

Why isn't Gary Johnson in these polls?

September 11, 2012 02:56 am at 2:56 am |
  8. brentherron

I am not understood your post can you explain me ..

September 11, 2012 03:02 am at 3:02 am |
  9. dcd

I think more people are getting educated on the candidates and when you are caught in too many lies people recognize that. You can't flip-flop on almost every issue and expect people to vote for you.

September 11, 2012 08:28 am at 8:28 am |
  10. ST

With Romney's inconsistencies, I knew from day one that he is not going to make it. No one goes hunting empty-handed. Romney didn't prepare himself for the battle. Relying on using money without having concrete ideas is not swaying many.

September 11, 2012 08:34 am at 8:34 am |
  11. Lyin Ryan should be an Olympian

Willard: now is the time to ask the Sliversun Pickups if you may use their song Panic Switch.

GOP is so toast all the way down the ticket this year. LOVE IT!

September 11, 2012 08:58 am at 8:58 am |
  12. lolo

He should be. Romneyhood you have to do more than smile and tell lies. Where are those tax returns????

September 11, 2012 09:29 am at 9:29 am |
  13. SuperD

I'm pretty confident that from the lame stream media, we will continue to hear about how far ahead Obama is in the polls right up to election day. Problem is, millions are not going to vote for Obama who previously did, and that is never in the poll data. I don't see how he picks up votes to offset that.

One thing is for sure, if Obama does pull this off, we are now a nation of dependents, but we'll see after the debates and I don't see how Obama is going to do well there. What's he going to do? Say high taxes and regulation and Obamacare and big government are going to save us?

September 11, 2012 09:52 am at 9:52 am |