September 13th, 2012

CNN/ORC Poll – September 7-9 – Economy

TOPICS: Current economic conditions, economy a year from now, blame for economic problems, better off than four years ago

Full results (pdf)

Filed under: CNN Poll Archive • Extra
  1. Taint

Am I better off? Yeah My 401k that was cut in half by George W. War is now back to its original amount and more. I also don't have to hear about twice as many kids in body bags. I also don't have to hear the same loser on TV tell me that God told him to invade a country. My kids are in good schools and I have a great job, my company is doing better and just handed out bonuses. If you are down on your luck, perhaps you should turn to the GOP that will tell you to give the rich guys the tax breaks and everything will turn out fine for you, heck they took care of you from 2000-2008 didn't they?

September 13, 2012 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |
  2. Anthony D

I wonder how many people that were polled, if asked 4 years ago did they expect to be better off given the looming recession we were about to enter, would have answered yes. I also wonder what the response would be if you asked these 44% if they believed the reason they are not better of is the current administrations fault. The bottom line is the current administration was handed an awful mess and has done its best to stop the bleeding and turn the ship in the 4 years. We must understand that things get done in politics when all parties work together. The only thing Obama has failed to do is be successful in getting both sides of the aisle to work together. His failure was taking on such an impossible task. As long as partisan politics rules the roost, nothing will get done. There has to be compromise in order to find solutions that serve the good of the general public. Bottom line, you can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time.

September 13, 2012 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |
  3. davidmlane

It would be better to ask is the country better off than it was 4 years ago. The answer a resounding yes!

September 13, 2012 05:47 pm at 5:47 pm |
  4. davidmlane

It would be better to ask is the country better off. The answers is yes!

September 13, 2012 05:48 pm at 5:48 pm |