House passes revamped Stolen Valor Act
September 13th, 2012

House passes revamped Stolen Valor Act

Washington (CNN) - The U.S. House of Representatives Thursday overwhelmingly passed a new version of the Stolen Valor Act, a bill aimed at people who lie about receiving military medals and then attempt to profit from the deception.

The first version of the Stolen Valor Act was struck down by the Supreme Court as a violation of the First Amendment.

FULL STORY

Filed under: 2012 • House • Supreme Court
  1. enuff

You mean congress is no longer on vacation? When did that happen? By the way... what about the economy and jobs? or is your own re-election more important?

September 13, 2012 09:47 pm at 9:47 pm |
  2. Peggy Western

I am a disabled Vet, Vietnam era, and just as I suspected when I clicked to read the story. No one cares to read it, or to make a post.
    IF anyone does take the time to read or post, I have two things to say:
    1. You are welcome for my service to my country.
    2. Get out of the way, as you have been sniveling and done nothing for my country. Move out of my way!
    Best wishes to you and yours,
    Peggy

September 13, 2012 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  3. enuff

What about JOBS???

September 13, 2012 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  4. Namejkane sfl a vote for the gop will cut your moms medicare and soc sec .can you afford to pay for them???

What ????? The house passed a bill ,what's the name of the new post office .

September 13, 2012 10:18 pm at 10:18 pm |
  5. Bernard obryant

Ok go house but will reid take up house bill i dont think he will because republican believe in cutting but we have to cut waste but economy bad so only waste

September 13, 2012 10:36 pm at 10:36 pm |
  6. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

I don't think lying about what metals you were awarded is just wrong and takes away from the sacredness of the metal and the honor it brings.

September 13, 2012 10:42 pm at 10:42 pm |
  7. Larry L

Get to work. This is eye wash and we need you to do your real job. Build a budget. Compromise to help working folks. Stop talking about women's reproductive systems.. Solve the Medicare problem. Make the tough choices and quit taking orders from the Tea Party radicals.

September 13, 2012 11:29 pm at 11:29 pm |
  8. Gurgyl

How about term-limits on congress/senate??? Stolen election in bush case??? Idiots–I mean pathetic idiots.

September 14, 2012 06:46 am at 6:46 am |
  9. GI Joe

Our supreme court needs to be impeached and removed.

Citizens United, which allow Communist Chinese casino money from Adelson to be poured into Romney's campaign (100 Millioin coming this month) is UN-AMERICAN.

September 14, 2012 07:21 am at 7:21 am |