You get B's email?
September 13th, 2012

You get B's email?

(CNN) – President Barack Obama's fund-raising team, never known for being discreet in email solicitations, used a new name in the "From" field Thursday to ask supporters for money: Beyoncé Knowles.

"I usually don't email you - but I have an amazing invitation I have to share," the email from the singer read, an understatement for most Americans who don't receive emails from platinum-selling recording artists, usually or unusually.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

"Jay and I will be meeting up with President Obama for an evening in NYC sometime soon. And we want you to be there!" the "Single Ladies" singer continued.

On Wednesday CNN confirmed Knowles and her husband, rapper Jay-Z, would host a fund-raiser for Obama in New York City next week. The event is slated to take place at Jay-Z's club "40/40."

The September 18 event will be similar to previous celebrity-hosted Obama fund-raisers, where people who donate to the president's campaign will be entered for a chance to win tickets to the event.

"I've had the honor of meeting President Obama and the First Lady a few times - and believe me - it's an opportunity you don't want to miss," the email from Knowles continued.

The singer signed the note simply "Love, B."

Filed under: 2012 • President Obama
  1. Cee Jay, FL

I got the email. I read it, laughed, and moved on. Frankly, I don't know how they got my email address. I've been a registered Rep since 1971. And based on the "thanks for all you are doing in Ohio" messages, they must think I live in Ohio. I live in Florida. I lived in Ohio almost 30 years ago . . . so I guess their info isn't quite up to date. Or someone is playing a joke on me.

I got an email saying "this is the last time we will ask for a donation," followed by 4 emails requesting donations in the SAME day. I sure don't get this many emails from Romney. Or any of the PACs. Sure is a strange year!

September 13, 2012 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  2. California Gary

Oh good......really? called me out on another thread and I didn't get a chance to respond before they closed for comments. FYI really?.......why do we have to "blame" anyone for a terrorist attack? Could it possibly be that they would attack us regardless of who is in office or what our policies are? If Romney was the POTUS, you saying they wouldn't have attacked our embassy? And FYI – I watched every minute of both conventions........still not impressed with your man Romney, or his VP pick. The GOP had some credible candidates to run, but they chose to sit this one out. And the fact is, they probably couldn't have won the nomination anyway in the Tea Party dominated primaries.......so they probably made the right choice. I'm afraid Romney was settled on as the best of the worst......

September 13, 2012 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  3. truth hurts

Fair is Fair
    Rudy retorts:
    "I wrote that because it is the truth. Pres. Obama should be easy to beat."
    --–
    Well thanks for clarifying that you agree that Obama has failed.
    ===========================================================

ouch!!!! Fair throws a hay maker!!

September 13, 2012 01:43 pm at 1:43 pm |
  4. Larry L

@RealityBites

Libya, Egypt, Syria, Iran are all a result of the weakness, the apologies, all of this trying of reaching out on the part of naive president with no experience, an arrogant amateur who thought he could handle it.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Let's see... The President worked with our Allies to build a coalition so America didn't jump in all alone – the Republican idea. Against McCain's advice, he didn't send in ground troops and take "ownership" for the problem. That was very wise and something any thinking American would endorse. We no longer have the troops, the equipment nor the will to fight an endless war. Romney isn't smart enough to understand that reality – but then again none of his family would go to die.

The President's leadership has slaughtered terrorists across the globe – he has become the terrorist's worst nightmare. President Obama listens to the joint Chiefs, he understands technology, and he leverages intelligence without cherry-picking to start an unnecessary war. This is in great contrast to President Bush who started a war with one of the few nations in the region NOT associated with 9/11. That war was against the advice of his military leadership and had no exit strategy. About 4,500 Servicemembers are now dead and nearly 70,000 wounded.

Republicans would be wise to stay quiet about foreign policy. Romney can't even take a trip without insulting nations all over the world. He needs to stick to his strong suits – avoiding paying his taxes and telling lies.

September 13, 2012 01:44 pm at 1:44 pm |
  5. just sayin

beyonce... she didn't make it on her own. everything she has obama and the government gave to her. now she wants to pay it back i guess.

September 13, 2012 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  6. GI Joe

25 days to early voting. I'm sticking with the strong, level-headed steady intelligent man.

We don't need the knee-jerk reactionary views of M. Romney following BiBi's lead into war with Iran.

Obama/Biden for a steady hand forward in this time of turmoil .

September 13, 2012 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |
  7. mike.g.hall

Beyonce is gross and Jay Z looks like a frog. No money coming from this former Democrat.

September 13, 2012 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |
  8. Ken in NC

To this statement, "Republicans would be wise to stay quiet about foreign policy. Romney can't even take a trip without insulting nations all over the world. He needs to stick to his strong suits – avoiding paying his taxes and telling lies", I say AMEN.

September 13, 2012 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  9. Namegwen

I readily agree that romney is a roman noodle, you eat it when you think you have no choice. but what a poor choice opting out for bush (dumb ass twin) romney is a national joke that will cause much grief to the united states if people don't stop seeing race, get off their duffs and vote for Obama. the only reason people have a problem with him is because he is black, smart and they can't case him. suck it up , i guess it was ok for bush to literlly destroy the nations and getaway with it. because no one said a thing. roamney don't even know what foreign polices are pleassss ! lets get real people.

September 13, 2012 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  10. jumphigh

Dear B: Sorry, I can't make it this year. I am STILL unemployed due to the economy that's in the toilet. But thanks SO MUCH for thinking of me. Say hi to Oblablah and the rest of those rich 1 percenters. So glad someone has big money to throw around. Love, J

September 13, 2012 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  11. California Gary

mike.g.hall........Beyonce' is gross? Time to get down to the optometrist and get a stronger prescription my friend. She is one of the hottest women on the planet.

September 13, 2012 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |
  12. tkindsm

Obama is seriously begging for money too much. Sick of the emails!

September 13, 2012 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  13. Claudia, Houston, Tx

Way to go Beyonce, we love you and we love our President Obama, making my contribution today and I'm sure not one of the 1%, just smart.

September 13, 2012 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  14. ritmocojo

At Cee Jay,

And you won't get any emails from the GOtP. Why bother with nickle and dime solicitations when they've got the real heavies in the form of Grover Norquist, the Kock Bros, Donald Chump, that gambling casino billionaire from Vegas, et al...

September 13, 2012 02:28 pm at 2:28 pm |
  15. 23 from Texas

I laughed almost as hard as I do when I get emails from Biden. Funny people... they think I will give money to let them party in the white house for 4 more years... Yall are out of there come november!

Pack your bags BO, your fired!

September 13, 2012 02:31 pm at 2:31 pm |
  16. ThinkAgain: Mittens 'n' Munster are Liars

@jumphigh: "Dear B: Sorry, I can't make it this year. I am STILL unemployed due to the economy that's in the toilet. "

Do you live in a state with a Republican governor, one who refused the Stimulus money and/or laid off 600,000 public employees, flooding the job market with qualified candidates? Do you support Repubs who've refused to pass President Obama's jobs bill, which economists have said would have created another 1 million jobs? Do you support the teabaggers who in 2010 ran on "jobs, jobs, jobs" and haven't introduced one jobs bill (but they sure are trying to control a woman's body!).

If you answered yes to any of the above, regarding you not being able to find work, I quote Herman Cain: "Blame yourself!"

Obama/Biden 2012 – The only sane choice

September 13, 2012 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  17. Rudy NYC

truth hurts

Fair is Fair
    Rudy retorts:
    "I wrote that because it is the truth. Pres. Obama should be easy to beat."
    ––
    Well thanks for clarifying that you agree that Obama has failed.

ouch!!!! Fair throws a hay maker!!
    --------------------------
    Nah. It's just one of many Fairy tales. False equivalence over my saying that Obama really should be easy to beat into the blight wing talking point of how Pres. Obama "has failed."

What I say is of little matter compared to the big picture, the truth. Pres. Obama should be easy to beat an Romney is having a more and more difficult time finding a way to defeat him. What's fair is fair. Truth hurts. Reality bites. Like I said, Pres. Obama should be easy to beat. What does that say about Romney because he looks like he's losing? And he's losing grouind at a faster and faster rate, thanks to his own ineptitude.

September 13, 2012 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |