Buffett: My cancer treatment is done
September 16th, 2012

Buffett: My cancer treatment is done

New York (CNNMoney) - Billionaire investor Warren Buffett says he has completed treatment for a mild case of prostate cancer, according to a published report.

Speaking Friday to executives of newspapers he has recently acquired, Buffett was quoted by The Omaha World-Herald as saying "It's a great day for me. Today I had my 44th and last day of radiation." The World-Herald is owned by Berkshire Hathaway, Buffett's investing company.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Warren Buffett
  1. Brandon

Prostate cancer is not labeled as "mild." There is an early stage which one can live with for a long time without surgery or treatment. Don't diagnose yourself or make decisions after reading about the possibly unnecessary surgery of a very old man, who would most likely have died of something else before the cancer advanced. His surgeon was probably milking him for money instead of giving him sound advice you can find anywhere.

September 16, 2012 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  2. Gurgyl

Good luck. Great guy!!! God bless!

September 16, 2012 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  3. GI Joe

Very glad you are doing well Mr. Buffett.

Too many men refuse to get themselves checked. Bless you.

September 16, 2012 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  4. Claudia, Houston, Tx

Congrats, Mr. Buffett and many thanks to the doctors who cared for you. My brother too, who suffered the same, just completed his care successfully which proves you don't have to be a millionaire, you just have to have health insurance and he did. Carry on Mr. Buffett, FORWARD.

September 16, 2012 04:06 pm at 4:06 pm |
  5. John Oboho

Warren Buffet supports obamacare.Early detection saves cost.

September 16, 2012 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  6. Andrea Sharp

God blessed Mr. Buffet

September 16, 2012 05:19 pm at 5:19 pm |
  7. Thomas

I just was watching the BNSF railroad train go by and was thinking of investor Warren Buffett.

He has done some great things to bring back frieght transportation in this country.

If the GOP had there way we would be in one Giant traffic jam , oh they run the do nothing congress I forgot !

September 16, 2012 06:04 pm at 6:04 pm |
  8. Gurgyl

Good luck. Folks, when you shop watch for "MADE IN USA", we all win. God bless!!!

September 16, 2012 06:11 pm at 6:11 pm |
  9. T'sah From Virginia

Get very well soon!

Obama 2012 – The Only TRUSTED Way Forward!!

September 16, 2012 07:16 pm at 7:16 pm |
  10. Marie MD

Good luck to you sir. Not too many can have as much as you and still be generous to others with less.

September 16, 2012 07:51 pm at 7:51 pm |
  11. Dave, Highland Mills, NY

Warren, I just finished my Prostate Cancer treatments about a month ago,I hope we are both fine,you are great man!!

September 16, 2012 07:58 pm at 7:58 pm |
  12. Abeslom

Very few people know that Mr. Buffet lives in the same modest house that he had lived in for the last 30 years. He also has publicly said he'll leave most of his money to charities and will not leave anything to his kids! The likes of Romeny can learn so much from him!

September 16, 2012 08:01 pm at 8:01 pm |
  13. Iamnotfooled

Any cancer is a bad cancer. Congratulations and stay well. Cancer research and clinical trials are the key.

September 16, 2012 09:17 pm at 9:17 pm |
  14. judy

best whishes to a really good guy that seems to care about people less fortunate than himself.

September 16, 2012 09:49 pm at 9:49 pm |
  15. rosie

My husband had this form of cancer in 1995 and he is fine so don't be sceared to get checked men it can be cured

September 16, 2012 11:06 pm at 11:06 pm |
  16. nancy

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. God bless you!!!!

September 17, 2012 12:29 am at 12:29 am |