September 16th, 2012

Netanyahu: People 'are trying to draw me into the American election'

(CNN) - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned Sunday that the United States must establish a clear "red line" that Tehran cannot cross with its nuclear program, if it wants to avoid war.

"I think the issue is how to prevent Iran from completing its nuclear weapons program. They're moving very rapidly to completing the enrichment of the uranium that they need to produce a nuclear bomb. In six months or so, they will be 90 percent of the way there," Netanyahu said on CNN's "State of the Union."

FULL STORY

Filed under: Benjamin Netanyahu • Israel • President Obama
  1. A Kickin` Donkey

As a jew, Netanyahu should be able to see the racist intent behind those American politicians that are trying to "draw him in" and he should be repulsed by it.

September 16, 2012 09:19 am at 9:19 am |
  2. onlyfacts

I have complete faith in the Pentagon and our military leaders. I'm sure there is a lot that we, the public don't know and don't need to know. Obama will make the ultimate decision based on intel from the experts. These experts know which tactics to use towards stopping Iran from producing nuclear weapons. Who are we to question their ability. Romney knows this too, so anything from him stating otherwise is total BS!

September 16, 2012 09:28 am at 9:28 am |
  3. GI Joe

I'd say BiBi interjected himself into the Presidential election.

Romney in the primaries said "I will call my friend BiBi and ask him what I should say". We found out what BiBi told him to say.

BiBi should NOT be in charge of the U.S. Military.

September 16, 2012 09:32 am at 9:32 am |
  4. Rick McDaniel

Of course they are. That's what politicians do, and Netanyahu knows that, perfectly well.

September 16, 2012 09:41 am at 9:41 am |
  5. Gurgyl

Israel is a biggest DRAMA. Nonsense to the world. True.

September 16, 2012 09:45 am at 9:45 am |
  6. GI Joe

Romney is taking communist chinese money from Adelson's two Macau, China casinos. Why not go ahead and pull his buddy BiBi in to beat the drums of war for him?

Open your eyes, people. Adelson–>Romney–>BiBi & Israel for war with Iran (our kids killed and our tax money wasted).

September 16, 2012 09:47 am at 9:47 am |
  7. g

obama will go the intelligent route military advisers,allies input,romney would go the 20 century road fill body bags an profit and he really does not care what comes first

September 16, 2012 09:50 am at 9:50 am |
  8. Anonymous

As an American citizen, I am politely asking Mr. Netanyahu to take a step back, remove himself from American politics and our American media. I would also suggest he (and Romney) tone down their war rhetoric.

September 16, 2012 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  9. JESSE james TAKE THEM TO THE STREET AND SHOOT THEM LIKE THE DOGS THEY ARE

No more wars. Release the tax returns .

September 16, 2012 10:28 am at 10:28 am |