Boehner says presidential campaigns 'get off message'
September 20th, 2012

Boehner says presidential campaigns 'get off message'

Washington (CNN) - House Speaker John Boehner acknowledged Thursday that presidential campaigns get "off message," but sidestepped questions about GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney's controversial comments that have put congressional Republicans in the awkward position of defending their nominee.

"Everybody is going to try to make this election about everything other than what it is. The American people are asking the question, where are the jobs? And so the focus is on jobs," Boehner insisted at a news conference.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Congress • John Boehner • Mitt Romney
  1. Ayn Rand(author of 'Selfishness is a Virtue') was an atheist, so doesn't that make her disciple, Lyin' Ryan, "ANTI-CHRIST"?

Nope, dope, it is just the GOP baggers trying to deflect the main issue with jobs, "you people" out here in serfdom want to see Mr. 1%'s tax returns for the last 10 years.

Your ploy was so obvious.

September 20, 2012 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  2. Maria Rivera-Carvalho

I agree with Boehner, they do get off message. Very few get off the planet, like Mr. Romney's. Boehner must be crying a river, drowning in self pity.

September 20, 2012 03:50 pm at 3:50 pm |
  3. vic , nashville ,tn

Romney put all the republicans in uncomfortable situation House Speaker John Boehner didn’t have the answer

September 20, 2012 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  4. TheVoice2

No, it's the whole GOP that has been off message!
    You see how Mitt Phony runs his campaign. Can you imagine how he will run this country. It's scary just to imagine this puppet being President.

Mitt Phony's motto "make me President now, I'll give you details later"

September 20, 2012 03:55 pm at 3:55 pm |
  5. TheVoice2

You tell us Mr. Speaker, where are the jobs?? You've had congress for two years and all you've done is obstruct Obama's job bills just to continue to give tax breaks to the rich.

The top 10% pay 50% of income tax, and they own 90% of American's wealth.

September 20, 2012 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  6. Thomas

Where's the jobs,
    I'll be on the golf course ,give me another cigaret !

OK MR. SPEAKER .............

September 20, 2012 04:01 pm at 4:01 pm |
  7. Joan in MS

"The American people are asking the question, where are the jobs? And so the focus is on jobs," Boehner insisted at a news conference. --

What?!? Boehner has been in charge for two years and has obstructed every attempt by the President to help create jobs. If this guy thinks the American people are buying this load of BS he's a bigger fool than we thought.

September 20, 2012 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  8. A Desperate Situation

@Obama's America 2016: Do you need an intervention to wash away your ignorance and hate. Romney does not care about you and so many others that have been brainwashed. give it up, get a life, this election is over. Plus there is more to come about Romney. I hope you don't have a breakdown when all is revealed.

September 20, 2012 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  9. Wilson

I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer. We, here in America need to learn from that.

September 20, 2012 04:20 pm at 4:20 pm |
  10. al in memphis

Jobs where what I thought the 2010 election was about when the Republicans said elect us and we will bring you the jobs. So you are right, Republicans where are the jobs.

September 20, 2012 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  11. Obamacare = Obama cares about the young, elderly, poor and disabled. Romneycare = "I don't care about the poor"!

Why during election years, does the GOP yammer on about "jobs" like in 2010 and now 2012, but, once in office, it is all about anti-abortion?

Not this time, oh, Orange Oracle.

September 20, 2012 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |