Obama courts Latino voters in Univision forum
September 20th, 2012

Obama courts Latino voters in Univision forum

(CNN) - The debate over immigration reform took center stage Thursday as U.S. President Barack Obama fielded questions in a forum broadcast live online by the Spanish-language Univision network.

Co-host Jorge Ramos began questioning the president about the controversial topic by noting that he didn't deliver on his 2008 campaign pledge to tackle immigration reform during the first year of his term.

FULL STORY

Filed under: 2012 • Florida • Latinos • President Obama
  1. Liberals cant handle the truth

"I want you to acknowledge that you did not keep your promise,"

Obama couldn't even man up and admit that he did not keep his promise. Very sad.

September 20, 2012 03:48 pm at 3:48 pm |
  2. Rudy NYC

Liberals cant handle the truth

"I want you to acknowledge that you did not keep your promise,"

------------------------------
    What are you whining about? Did you lose your ba-ba-boo-boo?

September 20, 2012 04:01 pm at 4:01 pm |
  3. myviewis

Spoken like a true Salesman, he always gets out of it by doing a lot of nothing, always wasting time holding meetings that go nowhere, typical Salesman, typical office gimmick, have a meeting for 3 hours to escape real work.

He's the president and he has to invite everyone to say we need to get this done. Typical of people who waste time holding meetings and make everyone think they are working towards a goal.

Obama is the best salesman this country has ever had. He can roll people for months with every excuse his quick brain can create and speaks so beautifully that people buy it. The man is amazing as a salesman!!!!!!

"But even in that first year," Obama said, "one of my first acts was to invite every member of Congress who were supporters of comprehensive immigration reform to the White House and say, we need to get this done.

September 20, 2012 04:03 pm at 4:03 pm |
  4. NEF

It's very apparent the whiners commenting on this article have not done any research. Instead of watching just one news network, watch all of them and then research the facts. It's pointless even to argue with people who don't know the facts and I'm not even going to state them. Do the work. Then we will talk.

September 20, 2012 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  5. Wilson

I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer. We, here in America need to learn from that.

September 20, 2012 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |