Romney paid taxes for each of past 20 years, says campaign
September 21st, 2012

Romney paid taxes for each of past 20 years, says campaign

(CNN) - GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney paid taxes every year between 1990 and 2009, a notarized letter from his accountant will say, according to Romney's campaign.

Romney's full 2011 return, along with the letter from PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP, will be posted later Friday on Romney's campaign website.

Filed under: 2012 • Mitt Romney
  1. HOLY TIGHTY WHITIES WILLARD

Survey says: his magic undies are lace.
    ----------------------
    They're "HOLY" Sniffit.

September 21, 2012 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |
  2. Mack

"Please excuse Mitt for not releasing his tax returns today, he ate some bad caviar last night...Thank you"

September 21, 2012 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  3. "Great" Republican

"take our word for it", RIGHT?

HA HA HA HA HA HA.

NOW THAT'S FUNNY!

September 21, 2012 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  4. Alaba Lucy

Tax returns for the years that you are running for president are just for show. Release the returns for the years when nobody was watching

September 21, 2012 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  5. Amnesia 101

Mitt, we're just supposed to take your word for a lot of things, right? Wrong. And to think 4 yrs. ago I thought I would have voted for you over John "that guy" McCain. Whoa, did I dodge a bullet and didn't even know it. I plan on dodging another one by voting for President Obama. The Republican party has turned me off big time. I was a ditto-head to the point I made people want to puke. We learn from our mistakes.

September 21, 2012 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  6. Larry L

If he paid $1 per year that statement could be considered "true". He obviously broke the law, got caught and paid a fine. We don't need a letter from his accountant. Wouldn't that accountant be the same guy who helped him break the law? We should trust him why? Let's just see the returns and we'll all look like fools... if we're wrong... but if we're right...

September 21, 2012 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  7. Dan

Romneys campaign has a Lot of credibility when they say "trust me, Mitt payed taxes" release the returns because we don't trust you.

September 21, 2012 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  8. ABCorrection

People – get a hold of yourself. I'll give it to Obama in one aspect – he's got you all so obsessed with one man's tax rates that you've lost sight of the country and world around you that is ON FIRE. And did you think to ask yourself that if Romney is such an evil man like you say, then what possessed him to donate an additional $1.75 million to charity, if he knew he wasn't going to claim that on his taxes? (He donated $4M to charity this year, but only claimed $2.25M so he could hit that 14% tax rate, which you all would have crucified him over if he didn't meet). Why not just donate the $2.25M? Certainly he could've done the math.

September 21, 2012 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  9. Donkey Party

And I've been part of the space program for the last 20 years. No really, I can prove it, I saved all my proof of purchase seals from all the Tang I bought.

Who do you believe, me or Willard the serial liar?

September 21, 2012 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  10. Stuck_In_a_Blue_State

He made a lot of money. Invested the money, made a profit, reinvested, made more of a profit, reinvested, etc… The cycle continues. Therefore, he is not pulling an income, which is subject to federal income tax. He lives off of his investments, which is Capital Gains, therefore pays 15%, as does everybody that invests and takes the risk of losing it. No harm – no foul. And, he donated $3M to charity !!!

Sounds like the liberals are jealous.

September 21, 2012 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |