Senate approves Iran resolution
September 22nd, 2012

Senate approves Iran resolution

(CNN) - The U.S. Senate in an after-midnight Saturday vote in Washington passed overwhelmingly a non-binding resolution stating that the United States will not rely on a containment policy, if Iran develops a nuclear weapon, and urged President Barack Obama to continue economic sanctions and diplomatic pressure to force Iran to stop any such weapons development.

Filed under: Congress • Iran
  1. Thomas

That was easy,
    Now try something a little harder .

September 22, 2012 02:25 am at 2:25 am |
  2. Wire Palladin, S. F.

I am impressed that the senate got past Turtle Neck McConnell's filibuster.

September 22, 2012 10:12 am at 10:12 am |
  3. Donkey Party

Umm, why the resolution, that's what the President is already doing? This was obviously GOP political theater to appease their moronic base. I guess it also explains why the GOP senators blocked a jobs bill for veterans, looks like they want to extend the active service of our armed forces by sending them to Iran.

September 22, 2012 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  4. Jerry

Israel seeks war on Iran to keep lid on 9/11 - Search that !

September 22, 2012 12:06 pm at 12:06 pm |
  5. 200 TON HAMMER

Iran yeah iran with a reactor core under a rock mountain makes sense too the republicans how long will republicans fight with President Obama????????????

September 22, 2012 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  6. Joel

I think it is nonsense, and just demonstration of the US Military total control of Washington during her war games, so I would have to also play my bit part and say, "I don't support another US war."

Iran is a financial threat to Washington. A war against Iran would be the most costly war ever, as it puts our nation into a direct conflict with Russia, India, and China's ally. I know what being beaten smells like before hand because I am a sober 30 year old man living in the USA who read the paper during our failed missions in Iraq and Afghanistan. I see that this is proof that we have lost a great battle for traction in this region, and we are about to retract from Afghanistan, and attempt to hold Iraq with a series of surges. This pattern will last for the rest of our natural lives.

September 22, 2012 06:38 pm at 6:38 pm |