Ann Romney details 'shocking' emergency landing
September 26th, 2012

Ann Romney details 'shocking' emergency landing

(CNN) – Ann Romney gave details Wednesday about the emergency landing her plane took last week due to an electrical problem.

"I'm just watching a movie, sitting there and all the sudden, the movie goes off and I turn around, and it was so shocking. The whole inside of the plane was full of smoke," Ann Romney said in an interview that aired on "Access Hollywood Live."

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

Calmly, Ann said she turned to the other passengers and said, "Oh, this is a problem."

The chartered plane then took a "very, very quick descent," Ann said, adding that no one "really panicked."

"Everyone was doing their job, and we were going down fast," Ann said. "I mean they did say it's gonna feel like we were really going, it's like G-Force going down."

On Friday, the plane was headed to Los Angeles from Omaha but landed in Denver, where it was met with emergency vehicles on the runway.

"We landed, the door flew open, we flew, we got thrown off the airplane, and we were on the runway," Ann said in the interview. "I kept thinking to myself, this is Denver, this is a busy airport...Can we go to the 'shoulder'?"

No injuries were reported among the crew and small group of passengers that included Ann Romney, her press secretary and two Secret Service officers.

Her campaign said Friday that Ann spoke with her husband on the phone after the incident, which took place shortly before he held an event in Las Vegas.

– CNN's Ashley Killough contributed to this report.

Filed under: 2012 • Ann Romney
  1. Oh So In Awe

"Calmly, Ann said she turned to the other passengers and said, "Oh, this is a problem".

Soo First Lady like, just like in the movies. So nice that she gave an account of her own heroic behavior under fire. She's kind of her own eye witness, isn't she? Is this like rom..ey saying "I am unemployed too" as long as nobody takes a closer look. Almost Churchillian.

September 26, 2012 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  2. thegardenwall

Thank you unionized firefighters at government owned airport.

September 26, 2012 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  3. Michelle

Mrs. Romney G-Force is a phenonomen related to acceleration, not descent

September 26, 2012 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  4. ELBEBO

CAN YOU PEOPLE STOP WITH THIS CHARADE. Can you just be happy that the everyone was safe and no one was injured. forget about what this woman said.

September 26, 2012 02:39 pm at 2:39 pm |
  5. dave

why are there "quotes" around shocking?. do you need to include the word "shocking" in the heading?

it's an emergency landing. that's what it is. how often do you get fireman and emergency vehicles surrounding the plane after it lands? can CNN just report facts without letting personal biases bleed through the story?

September 26, 2012 02:39 pm at 2:39 pm |
  6. arona

I'm not voting republican. But, no need to make fun of Ann Romney simply because she's rich.
    I have a fancy degree and no job or money by the way. The only money I have is my husband's money, which will quickly be called alimony, and be off limits for me, once he divorces me. So, yes, i am quite stuck.
    Ann Romney or her husband have no clue about the state of the country. This is why I will be voting democrat. Enough said.

September 26, 2012 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  7. Big Jilm

1. I'm glad she and the other passengers are okay.

2. I'm not voting for her husband.

September 26, 2012 02:41 pm at 2:41 pm |
  8. Wake up people!

To all that don't understand the utter disdain many of us have for Queen Ann and feel we are being too hard on her, I will be looking for your comments to the people that disrespect the FLOTUS. Do names like Moochelle sound familiar to you? What about some of the nastier names she's been called? And it was all uncalled for. As for Ann, people are sick of hearing her pander for the sympathy vote, pretend she is like most other mothers when she isn't. And we are so tired of her looking down her nose at us people.

OBAMA 2012!

September 26, 2012 02:41 pm at 2:41 pm |
  9. Vic

WOW!!!! The majority of liberals on these posts are absolutely disgusting. You people seriously have no soul at all. You are the most hate driven group of individuals ever. Not once in any article posted on CNN have a kind word ever been spoken from the hateful liberals. What if it was your wife or husband that experienced that? Would you look at them the same way you look at Ann? You turn anything into a political issue. Mindless, hateful, arrogant, and lack of any soul. ( I said the majority, not all)

September 26, 2012 02:41 pm at 2:41 pm |