Ann Romney details 'shocking' emergency landing
September 26th, 2012

Ann Romney details 'shocking' emergency landing

(CNN) – Ann Romney gave details Wednesday about the emergency landing her plane took last week due to an electrical problem.

"I'm just watching a movie, sitting there and all the sudden, the movie goes off and I turn around, and it was so shocking. The whole inside of the plane was full of smoke," Ann Romney said in an interview that aired on "Access Hollywood Live."

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

Calmly, Ann said she turned to the other passengers and said, "Oh, this is a problem."

The chartered plane then took a "very, very quick descent," Ann said, adding that no one "really panicked."

"Everyone was doing their job, and we were going down fast," Ann said. "I mean they did say it's gonna feel like we were really going, it's like G-Force going down."

On Friday, the plane was headed to Los Angeles from Omaha but landed in Denver, where it was met with emergency vehicles on the runway.

"We landed, the door flew open, we flew, we got thrown off the airplane, and we were on the runway," Ann said in the interview. "I kept thinking to myself, this is Denver, this is a busy airport...Can we go to the 'shoulder'?"

No injuries were reported among the crew and small group of passengers that included Ann Romney, her press secretary and two Secret Service officers.

Her campaign said Friday that Ann spoke with her husband on the phone after the incident, which took place shortly before he held an event in Las Vegas.

– CNN's Ashley Killough contributed to this report.

Filed under: 2012 • Ann Romney
  1. James Taylor

Anne at one time my plane landed on a corn field that was after they booked me on the wrong plane. My experience was more scary than that one. CNN you can contact me for details it will be more entertaining and real from a 47% hard working North American. Bet it will get more readers and viewers too. Folks out there want to hear from a real person. Well you found me.

September 26, 2012 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |
  2. RIck

Ahhh silly Ann, you left the popcorn in the microwave too long and it got burnt didntcha? Must've been a great movie.

September 26, 2012 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |
  3. Obama 2012

Ann, maybe next time you should ride your broom.

September 26, 2012 02:07 pm at 2:07 pm |
  4. Four and The Door

Colinmb
    Wonder if any of the 47% freeloaders helped her out. I'm sure baggage and food handlers aren't making enough to pay income tax.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    Not after 3 1/2 years of Obama's version of economic recovery. We can do better. Romney/ Ryan 2012.

September 26, 2012 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  5. dangerblond

"No injuries were reported among the crew and group of small passengers that included Ann Romney, her press secretary and two Secret Service officers."

A "group of small passengers?" That's hilarious! That whole English word order thing is hard to grasp.

September 26, 2012 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  6. Mick

This is OLD news!

September 26, 2012 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  7. Luke

She sounds intelligent.

September 26, 2012 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  8. Triple A

And the hate frome the Liberal Left continues to roll... I bet the BHO is very proud of what he turned the party of tolerance into....

September 26, 2012 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  9. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Oh Ann-Antoinette where is your husband Mittens when you need him to break out one of those plane windows?
    Sigh!
    Obama 2012.

September 26, 2012 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  10. ForGoodOfAll

I am a liberal Democrat and I am very glad that Mrs. Romney, the other passengers & the crew safely landed and avoided injury. The ordeal sounded terrifying, indeed!

September 26, 2012 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  11. Vince

I hate when my charter plane does that.

September 26, 2012 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  12. Sniffit

"Access Hollywood Live"? She certainly thinks she's a celebrity eh?

September 26, 2012 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  13. Jim

The smoke was coming from your mouth Ann.

September 26, 2012 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  14. Guest

Maybe if Romney hadn't started the outsourcing trend, that plane would have been built and maintained better by hardworking 47%ers.

September 26, 2012 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  15. me

I heard that 47% of the people had to wait until the rich crowd were saved... the rich were given blankets and rides to the terminal... 47% had to fend for themselves as the rich rode past them giggling and pointing at the "less fortunate who are so pathetic, really can't they get over to the shoulder..."

September 26, 2012 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |
  16. no way, no how, no Romney! !

Is this Anne #1, or one of the other backup Anne's?

September 26, 2012 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |
  17. Al-NY,NY

Next thing you know she be saying she personlly walked up and down the aisle soothing everyone's nerves in a cool and calm manner while everyone was in a screaming frenzy. Glad everyone was safe.....past that.....blah blah blah Queen Ann

September 26, 2012 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |
  18. David

I'm glad she is OK. I won't be voting for her husband but she seems like a really nice lady.

September 26, 2012 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |
  19. ted

Ann, how about a nice word for the pilots that got you on the ground safely and the firemen who went into your plane to find out what happened? IT AIN'T ALL ABOUT YOU, ANN. But then again you are rich and think the world is at your beck and call.

September 26, 2012 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |
  20. Ga Peach

I am glad she is OK! She appears to be a vey nice lady and an assset to Mitt Romney.

September 26, 2012 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  21. SueW

Maybe one of the 47% she had crammed in the little kitchen waiting on her burnt the roast duck? You know, the hard scrabble Romney family does like to ruff it.

September 26, 2012 02:19 pm at 2:19 pm |
  22. Joe

I'll bet Ann Romney was so mad that she slapped a servant.

September 26, 2012 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  23. Proofreader

So Ann Romney, her press secretary, and the two SS officers are all small people. I admit this is news to me, but why is it relevant to the story?

September 26, 2012 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  24. cars

All I can say is many of you are a disgrace to the human race!

September 26, 2012 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  25. TY

Glad to hear everyone is okay, however Queen Ann this will not get a VOTE......

September 26, 2012 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |