Washington (CNN) - With the presidential debate two days away, the Obama campaign is poised to prebut arguments Mitt Romney will likely make and fact check Romney's claims after the debate.
On Monday the campaign revealed it will dispatch 11 Massachusetts officials, who served with then Gov. Mitt Romney, across nine battleground states during the week.
– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker
– Check out the CNN Electoral Map and Calculator and game out your own strategy for November.
The states they will travel to are: Colorado, Florida, Iowa, North Carolina, New Hampshire, Nevada, Ohio, Virginia, and Wisconsin. Among the elected officials from the state are: Newton Mayor Setti Warren and Rep. Ronald Mariano, the majority leader of the Massachusetts House of Representatives.
"They are in a unique position to tell voters across the country about Romney's record of failed leadership and failed policies in Massachusetts, which included slashing funding for education and job training while raising taxes and fees on middle class families and small businesses," Obama for America Deputy National Press Secretary Adam Fetcher said in a statement.
CNN reached out to the Romney campaign to see if it would also send teams of surrogates into battleground states during debate week but did not receive a response.
The tactic is part of an effort by the Obama campaign to be a noticeable voice in the pre and post debate chatter. Among the voices to be heard: Vice President Joe Biden's. Just after the debate, he will attempt to be among the first to react as he speaks with Obama supporters attending over 3,200 debate watch parties across the country.
This is going to be GOOD! Got my snacks ready. My homemade salsa and scoops, and a pitcher of Margaritas just waiting to be mixed!
Mittens wishes he thought of this.
How about the people whom lost their job, pension, and retirement benefits from Bain capital business practice and of course some of ass from the 47% pool (senior citizens, veterans working Americans and the disables all should be there to rebut Mitten.
Mitt resisted raising taxes in Mass because he got voted in with the financial support of the wealthy tax-haters. So instead he spent 4 years increasing fees to unprecedented levels – fees that are, of course, regressive. So I wonder: what fees will Mitt put upon us to avoid having to tax millionaires? Do I pay a fee to have continued mail service? Will they add a TSA fee at the airport or I can't get on my plane? Do we pay a consumer fee to have our food certified as safe? I wish this slimeball would open up and tell us his plans and WHO gets the bill for them!
What I don't understand is why Mitt Romney, considering all that he went through in past attempts to run for offices, including all he learned (if anything) on why he failed, DARED TO RISE UP AND RUN FOR PRESIDENT AGAIN IN 2012. It seems for some reason he thought it would be A PIECE OF CAKE to win an election against President Obama. I DON'T KNOW WHY, BUT IT SEEMS HE WAS OBLIVIOUS TO THE FACT THAT PRESIDENT OBAMA'S CAMPAIGN TEAM IS A "WELL OILED/KNOWLEGEABLE MACHINE"...AND BOY ARE THEY STICKING IT TO HIM :-)!!!!
Willard is going to experience and epic "fail" on Wed night. He can no longer get a "bump" based on conjecture, lies and lack of political policy substance. I want to know:
– how DO you plan to create 12 million jobs in 4 yrs, or are you just parroting the GAO's projections?
– how DO you plan to pay for a 20% tax and reduce the deficit WITHOUT a tax increase?
– What ARE you plans for solving the impending Fiscal Cliff on Jan 1, 2013?
– How do you plan to increase Federal revenue streams to pay for the tax cuts when removing the Mortgage interest deduction will alienate 60% of the electorate.
– How do you plan to solve the Iran/Israel and Syria issues without military intervention.
– When are you planning on telling Netanyahu to take a hike and keep his nose out of US elections!!
– Since you intend to repeal the ACA (95% based on your own MA health plan) what do you plan on replacing it with ?
– Do you plan on asking the SCOTUS to revise their SuperPAC decision or are you happy that foreign funds are able to influence and potentially BUY US politics?
– Need I go on ??????
Sorry please read "some of us" on the above comment
Mitt put over 1000 new fees in place instead of raising taxes that the wealthiest might have to pay, when he was Gov.
The issue with that, is that those people will be misrepresented, as they have been previously.
oh yes, let the truth be revealed.
Romney deliberately hided his record as Governor, let his colleague tell us what he did.
Romney deliberately hided his tax record as investor, let him eat his own dust. He deserve it.
Romney is history on Nov 7th 2012. ,please go away ,were sick of you and the gop goofballs party and Nathan sproul !!!!!!!
Joe Biden: His words may not always come out right, but his heart is in the right place.