Live blog: First presidential debate
October 3rd, 2012

Live blog: First presidential debate

(CNN) – President Barack Obama and GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney go head to head for the first time Wednesday night, taking the stage in Denver for this cycle's inaugural presidential debate. After spending days in preparation and raising expectations for their respective opponent, both candidates will have the chance to make their case with a little more than one month before Election Day.

Tune in to get minute-by-minute updates throughout the evening, including trivia, fact-checks, polls, and tweets.

LIVE BLOG

Filed under: 2012 • Mitt Romney • President Obama • Presidential Debates
  1. American made

I guess Obama isnt lying. He is just clueless

October 3, 2012 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  2. HeatherW

There goes Mitt flopping on what he had previously said. So will social security be revised or not?

October 3, 2012 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  3. jeese

Romney has Obama cornered. Obama is falling fast! Thank goodness! We don't need anymore people on food stamps!

October 3, 2012 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  4. Bleu

Romney is stomping the chump, making him look like the fool he's been as he buried us over 4 years.

October 3, 2012 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  5. CP to the sky

Obama who...? oh he is looking down again... no eye contact towards Romney!!! It's almost like a teacher ( which Obama fights for, right???) leaving his/her classroom in the middle of a lesson! I would not be suprised if Obama put his head down and just walked off stage!!!

October 3, 2012 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  6. Russell

The 2012 debates are being run in a very biased manner. Jim Lehr is letting the President talk as much as he wants and interupts the challenger. That shows a media bias.

October 3, 2012 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  7. tval

Yeah Mitt get tough on China tell em to bring back those jobs you outsourced to them ...

October 3, 2012 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  8. lisa

I don't trust Gov. Romney or Congressman Ryan running this country. Period!!!!!

October 3, 2012 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |
  9. Sally

CP to the sky...too funny...this guy has no class....and is stumbling/fumbling all over the place...what a joke!!!

October 3, 2012 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |
  10. Vic

Guys tell me if i am out in left field, but is the president getting smashed in this debate?

October 3, 2012 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |
  11. GAGA

Obama will WIN the Election...

October 3, 2012 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |
  12. gordon

I'll take a business man in the White House.

October 3, 2012 09:47 pm at 9:47 pm |
  13. Noodle Nose Johnson

Nice try, right wing bloggers. Romney is all over the map and repeating lies that have been debunked over and over again. He's got nothing to offer.

October 3, 2012 09:47 pm at 9:47 pm |
  14. Mick

Where are Mitt's specifics? Does anyone trust anything a politician says that cannot be independently verified? All we know about Mittens is that he guts companies for a living...pivot again Mitt.

October 3, 2012 09:48 pm at 9:48 pm |
  15. Sally

Hey, Lucky to have a job...I just paid $4:29 this morning and it was $4:49 this afternoon on my way home...this guy is TOAST!!!!!

October 3, 2012 09:48 pm at 9:48 pm |
  16. ocean girl

mitt wants a private insurance plan...he can afford to shop!

October 3, 2012 09:48 pm at 9:48 pm |
  17. HeatherW

Try living in Mass with the law of having to have health insurance that good ol Mitt put in place. Do I pay my mortgage or buy health insurance??? Thanx Mitt. You're a real friend & really care about middle class

October 3, 2012 09:49 pm at 9:49 pm |
  18. Luck to Have a Job

I thought Obama was going to be different. I kept waiting for 4 years for something good to happen. I lost hope when they passed the new medical care program (I hate the term Obamacare) when no one knows how it works and how it will really help. The more I read, the more I think it will hurt business. Obama is not proving himselft now either. He really doesn't seem to have a firm grasp on the topics. I am embarrasses to say I voted for him last time. What was I thinking!

October 3, 2012 09:49 pm at 9:49 pm |
  19. Michael

Go Mitt! You are making the president look bad like he really is!

October 3, 2012 09:50 pm at 9:50 pm |
  20. Sally

Kool-Aid drinkers are on board...

October 3, 2012 09:50 pm at 9:50 pm |
  21. sjm

Congressman Ryan is an extremely intelligent individual. He and Gov Romney are good for our country. Intelligent businessmen.....finally.

October 3, 2012 09:50 pm at 9:50 pm |
  22. Wayne

Go Obama!! Romney is your classic GOP snake. Putting a CEO in the whitehouse after all this? Lets hope Americans arent stupid.

October 3, 2012 09:50 pm at 9:50 pm |
  23. Gordyb102

Mitt smiles or grins like a child after he spews a memorized response. Still a robot. He has also flipped several times on issues already.

October 3, 2012 09:50 pm at 9:50 pm |
  24. Vic

Specific vs generalities. Romney vs Obama. Period. Obama will get re-elected and we will have a stagnate economy unless it stalls again.

October 3, 2012 09:50 pm at 9:50 pm |