Michelle Obama 'excited' about anniversary debate double date
October 3rd, 2012

Michelle Obama 'excited' about anniversary debate double date

Denver (CNN) - To the political world, October 3 is a high-stakes night in the presidential election. But for first lady Michelle Obama, it's the date night that wasn't.

"I told Barack, 'This, you know, attending a presidential debate on my 20th anniversary is probably the worst way for me to spend (it).' ... I get so nervous at these debates," she said in a recent interview alongside her brother, Craig Robinson.

FULL STORY

Filed under: 2012 • Michelle Obama • Presidential Debate
  1. MajeztyRene

Happy Aniversary Mr. President & First Lady !!!! And many more !!!

October 3, 2012 07:45 pm at 7:45 pm |
  2. getaliife

Four more years!

October 3, 2012 07:46 pm at 7:46 pm |
  3. yarply

From what I have been reading the last few days about his past and his past "church", the obama marriage appears to be as much of a sham and a lie as the rest. I am beginning to wonder if those are even his kids.

October 3, 2012 07:47 pm at 7:47 pm |
  4. Vaughan

If this debate turns out to be another 'love-fest' for Obama I'm going to throw up. Can we please get serious about our country and the fact that its crumbling down around our ears and stop...please, please, please, stop the Hollywood hype nonsense that we have been subjected to for the last 4 years. We desperately need a grown-up as the leader of the Free World.

October 3, 2012 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  5. Rhinobuster

Double date....is Valerie Jarrett the second lady?

October 3, 2012 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  6. Buzz

Is Hussein showing up to be "eye candy?"

October 3, 2012 07:53 pm at 7:53 pm |
  7. kathryn

I hate these two phonies. Seriously, they are so in love with themselves it's sickening. The economy is in the toilet and they spend $1.3 A YEAR of taxpayers money on themselves jetting around the country, partying, playing, vacationing, photo ops,and how many trips to Hollywood.... Sorry, can't find a nice thing to say about this pretentious, arrogant couple.

October 3, 2012 07:57 pm at 7:57 pm |
  8. Preezy of the United Steezy

How desperate is the Preezy? More reality world type hype during what should be a serious matter. I

October 3, 2012 07:57 pm at 7:57 pm |
  9. joe jones

WHO CARES!!...I t has been one big vacation for these two since they were elected...while we circle the drain!!

October 3, 2012 08:00 pm at 8:00 pm |
  10. Nurse Snow

DOES THIS COUPLE HAVE NO SHAME? Is this just a game show to them? So the world gets to see another "photo op" lip touch? Ann says Mitt's a good dancer...wouldn't fair be to see a few steps?

The world is burning, the US is fighting back againnst BO, and he still thinks he's on the View. Good luck Mr. Romney.

October 3, 2012 08:04 pm at 8:04 pm |
  11. Jon

So what. What relevance does this have to anything? Who cares that it's their 20th Anniversary. Oh wow, let the tears of a million liberal saints shed the blood of aborted babies. Give me a break.

October 3, 2012 08:04 pm at 8:04 pm |
  12. Barney Franken (@BarneyFranken)

What I don't get is, campaigns have the ability to schedule these debates. Didn't Obama know this was falling on his anniversary...? Why did he want to schedule the debate today?

October 3, 2012 08:08 pm at 8:08 pm |
  13. Tom in SD

Are props allowed at the debates? Which props are ok?

October 3, 2012 08:21 pm at 8:21 pm |
  14. Lydia

You know darn well this debate was scheduled on these con artists anniversary to garner points for them. All the obots will be tingling up their legs like good little groupies. They will do ANYTHING to distract from the disaster of this administration. Once again the obama"s lust for attention takes precedence over the country. Sickening!

October 3, 2012 08:24 pm at 8:24 pm |
  15. Don

Happy Anniversary! Give your wife the best gift for your children and all of America! Resign and let Joe take over until
    January 2013. ROMNEY/RYAN 2012.

October 3, 2012 08:26 pm at 8:26 pm |
  16. Kim

.....ask me if I care that it's their 20th anniverary.....anyone that can waste taxpayers money on vacations for example, has already celebrated!!!

October 3, 2012 08:40 pm at 8:40 pm |
  17. Mike

how is obama in anyway responsible for this article? You people are somewhat nuts.. I hope you know that.

October 3, 2012 08:41 pm at 8:41 pm |
  18. Ross n Toss

So he's going to use a "distraction" tactic? Really? " Hey guys, don't notice the crap job I'm doing with the country, just know that I love my wife!"

October 3, 2012 08:42 pm at 8:42 pm |