Biden, Ryan trade blows in vice presidential debate
October 11th, 2012

Biden, Ryan trade blows in vice presidential debate

(CNN) - A combative debate Thursday between Vice President Joe Biden and Republican challenger Paul Ryan came down to the issue of trust.

The running mates to President Barack Obama and Republican Mitt Romney in next month's presidential election each challenged the other's facts and claims in the 90-minute nationally televised debate that was their only showdown of the campaign.

FULL STORY

Filed under: 2012 • Joe Biden • Kentucky • Paul Ryan
  1. Borderless

Martha, please sit down with Lehrer and explain to him how to be a moderator. AWESOME job!

October 11, 2012 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  2. Borderless

Biden is his own worst enemy.

October 11, 2012 10:05 pm at 10:05 pm |
  3. donna

You know, voters are going to youtube to compare and contrast the Dr.Jeckyl Mr.Hide personality switch of Biden between his debate with Pailin vs Ryan. I don't think this will be a good thing for Dems.

October 11, 2012 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  4. Borderless

When Biden gets angry, he makes up words.

October 11, 2012 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |
  5. Forward12

Where are the women's issue? Enough testosterone! Shame on Martha. At least Joe is not letting Lyin Ryan get away with falsehoods!

October 11, 2012 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  6. Cassidy Larkin

I am embarrassed that Joe Biden is representing this country! He is smug, arrogant, and non-reflective. Very disappointed in his constant interruptions, his lack of respect, and his dismissal of the severity of situations. The moderator of the debate should not have allowed him to constantly interrupt! Rebuilding this country is about collaboration, being open to new ideas, and working TOGETHER! Biden should be ashamed...I am!!!!

October 11, 2012 10:10 pm at 10:10 pm |
  7. chuck

RYAN IS MAKING A COMPLETE FOOL OF HIMSELF, another palin moment.

October 11, 2012 10:12 pm at 10:12 pm |
  8. Name concerned citizen

Ryan is pathetic

October 11, 2012 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm |
  9. Lynda/Minnesota

Oops. I thought Candy Crowley was moderating tonight. I owe her an apology for an earlier post.

October 11, 2012 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm |
  10. Borderless

Biden has nothing to sell. He spends most of his time just calling Ryan a liar, and smirking and generally being obnoxious.

October 11, 2012 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  11. Borderless

No, Martha, Biden is a Catholic in name only.

October 11, 2012 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  12. Super dad

Ryan is a liar. He is a major liar flip flopper than Romney. Russia had a veto vote in the U.N. since the start. Ryan refuses to answer any questions honestly. Romney and Ryan have no global idea what is going on in the world. Just watch at the 71st min. On. Clueless, dangerous, and deadly to Americans.

October 11, 2012 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  13. Jacquie

I have never witnessed such a poor performance by a moderator. I think the viewing audience deserves better than what she has to offer. I am an independent, but based solely on the manner in which this “debate,” and I use the term loosely, has been conducted, based on Vice President Biden's smirking and snickering, I would almost be tempted to vote for the Republican ticket. Surely, your network had something better to offer.

October 11, 2012 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  14. Anna

I am an independent voter , i am tempted to vote republican just because I am very disgusted by Biden constant smirk . Very obnoxious

October 11, 2012 10:25 pm at 10:25 pm |
  15. donna

It's not going to be so much that Ryan won the debate, but that Biden lost it.

October 11, 2012 10:27 pm at 10:27 pm |
  16. Jean

The "unbiased" moderator is not very unbiased. This is the Joe Biden Show...he continues to interrupt and make smug, smirky faces...loser

October 11, 2012 10:28 pm at 10:28 pm |
  17. Renae K

Biden unfortunately came across like an angry old man.

October 11, 2012 10:28 pm at 10:28 pm |
  18. lenny1985@yahoo.com

Ryan. Is. A. True. Liar

October 11, 2012 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  19. disgusted senior

I thought I had seen it all, but alas, nope. I thought I would see grownups in this debate tonight ... cripes...it is great that ryan has not been pushed over the cliff like the great arrogant one would like..truly, I THOUGHT I was going to hear about some issues..biden is embarrassing. it is like he should be sent to his room! ryan is holding his own, sparring with this old and tired politician who must let some dentist muss up the more than perfect mouth smile that is almost scary!

October 11, 2012 10:30 pm at 10:30 pm |
  20. Private Ryan

Goofy Ryan is giving his final approach.
    Take that silly smirk off your face, Lyin' Ryan

October 11, 2012 10:32 pm at 10:32 pm |
  21. pepper

Bidden CRUSHED Lyin' Ryan.

October 11, 2012 10:35 pm at 10:35 pm |
  22. Lorenzo

More trickle-down dichotomy from the Reagan Years...Romney/Ryan will keep US troops abroad AND decimate the nest eggs for seniors and hurt the very most indigent-including homeless AND homeless veterans

October 11, 2012 10:36 pm at 10:36 pm |
  23. Grandpa

Ryan was no match for Joe Biden. Just like a snotty nosed teen ager trying to tell his grandpa how to drive.
    . . . . Boy you had better go sit down before I tan you britches.

October 11, 2012 10:37 pm at 10:37 pm |
  24. Marty, FL

President Obama and Vice President Biden for middle-class America–Forward 2012

October 11, 2012 10:38 pm at 10:38 pm |
  25. Iliana

Sorry but Ryan could not answer the questions to make me vote for Republicans. Mr. Biden you win. I am voting for Obama.

October 11, 2012 10:39 pm at 10:39 pm |