FIRST ON CNN: Biden debate prep photos
October 11th, 2012

FIRST ON CNN: Biden debate prep photos

Danville, Kentucky (CNN) - CNN has obtained exclusive pictures showing Vice President Joe Biden practicing for the vice presidential debate against Rep. Paul Ryan in the Sheraton Hotel in Wilmington, Delaware where Biden spent the last four days in an intensive debate camp.

This look at Biden's practice set up shows the lengths his team went to replicate the debate conditions he will experience tonight as he squares off in his only debate against his Republican opponent at Centre College in Danville, Kentucky.

Tune to CNN for Thursday's vice presidential debate coverage starting at 7 p.m. ET on CNN TV, CNN.com and via CNN's apps for iPhone, iPad and Android. Web users can become video editors with a new clip-and-share feature that allows them to share favorite debate moments on Facebook and Twitter.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

A second floor ballroom in the hotel was staged to resemble the debate conditions, complete with a similar blue backdrop, red carpet and a semi circle-shaped table like the one he will share with Ryan.

As seen in the photos taken Wednesday, Biden is seated on the left in the debate. Paul Ryan, played by Rep. Chris Van Hollen, D-Maryland, in the mock debates, is seated on the right.

Across from Biden and Ryan is moderator Martha Raddatz, played by the Vice President's communications director Shailagh Murray, who is a former reporter with The Washington Post.

READ MORE ON CNN POLITICAL TICKER:

Biden: 'You ever seen me rope-a-dope?'

Polls show high stakes in VP debate

CNN exclusive: Paul Ryan hasn't called Palin for advice

Five things to watch for in vice presidential debate

Filed under: 2012 • Joe Biden • Vice presidential debate
  1. Bob

A picture of debate preparations is an exclusive news story?

October 11, 2012 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  2. Oppose Trickle Down Economics

Vote against the party the vehemently supports Trickle Down economics. Wealth does not "trickle down", it just floods offshore to tax haven countries.

October 11, 2012 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  3. Vmann2000

Biden is an Idiot. No one cares about VP debates. He has done NOTHING as a VP..

October 11, 2012 01:20 pm at 1:20 pm |
  4. Lisa in Ga

People do care about VP debates..................this one will go down in history....

October 11, 2012 01:22 pm at 1:22 pm |
  5. g

Cant wait to see this loser try to defend obamas terrible record lol

October 11, 2012 01:23 pm at 1:23 pm |
  6. sandals

My money is on Uncle Joe he came from a blue collar family he knows the struggles This man rode the train home everyday for 30yrs to be with his family. Romney/Ryan are Liars and continue to mislead the public. Why cant the tell us their tax plan because it doesnt add up they will elimnate social security medicare planned parenthood the list goes on Romney is a vulture caqpitalist making money well firing people thinks Detroit should have went bankrupt so anti worker Remember this they maybe talking like moderates they arent they have those same Bush policies and we see where that got us Forward not back. OBAMA/BIDEN 2012

October 11, 2012 01:23 pm at 1:23 pm |
  7. Disanitnodicos

Biden needs to prepare his butt. Ryan is going in dry.

October 11, 2012 01:25 pm at 1:25 pm |
  8. lantigua

I have all my money on him, after the huge disapointment the president made me feel.
    I am a democrat because I believe in the democratic agenda, but our president let me down on that debate and I realized he is weak in character and that is why republicans have sweep the floor with him for the last 2 years. People like leaders with balls, that is why they reelected W. because he lied but he had the balls to do it right.

October 11, 2012 01:25 pm at 1:25 pm |
  9. gutterboy

Biden's all out of gum.

October 11, 2012 01:26 pm at 1:26 pm |
  10. zorro

I plan on doing one shot for every Biden verbal faux pas or idiocy. I expect to be loaded by 8:15PM CDT.

October 11, 2012 01:26 pm at 1:26 pm |
  11. SugarKube

Joe is one evil mean liar.

October 11, 2012 01:27 pm at 1:27 pm |
  12. SugarKube

Vote out the trickle down government crowd.

October 11, 2012 01:27 pm at 1:27 pm |
  13. Blilli

So?? Where's the expose or the story?

October 11, 2012 01:28 pm at 1:28 pm |
  14. Richard

The idiot should have started practing a month ago for all the good it would have done – he is a big nothing.

October 11, 2012 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  15. jmartin7

Meanwhile, everyone in America knows this buffoon will make an idiot of himself!!! Romney/Ryan 2012!!!!!!

October 11, 2012 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  16. Russ

Biden is a smart man who has spent his life in politics and run for President. He's experienced and can handle debates just fine. Too much has been made of a few things he has said in the past year. Don't underestimate him. On the other hand, Ryan is way over estimated, and may be out of his league.

October 11, 2012 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  17. ME

CNN Exclusive.....Pictures of Joe Biden sitting at a desk. How exciting!

October 11, 2012 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  18. ME

After the Obama-Romney debate, Democrats wished Obama would have talked more. After this debate, they will be wishing Biden talked less.

October 11, 2012 01:35 pm at 1:35 pm |
  19. Ton

His team built a mock set for him to practice? Ha ha. That's hysterical. He is going to need all the help he can get. Obama couldn't run on his record or the next four years and got beat big time in his debate. So will Biden.

October 11, 2012 01:35 pm at 1:35 pm |
  20. FED UP

Paul Ryan will win. Biden's nothing but a puppet on a string. I'm tuning in just to see how many wrecks(blunders) Joe the Joke will surely have.

October 11, 2012 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  21. Guest

Where have you liberals been living? Under a rock? Blackbird and Little Joe are going down hard! This country is going to Hell in a hand-basket and all everyone seems to focus on is the words that are coming out of the mouths of these goons. In my world actions speak louder that words and cool crisp dollar bills in my bank account spell money for me not just numbers on a sheet of paper from a great speech. I don't care what they say as long as they put this country back on the right track. I have to feed my kids and pay my bills. Obama and Biden have not allowed me to do that as well as I think that they should have so I am in favor of a change. If you look back at the reason that we became a country in the first place I think you will see some similarities. Romney/Ryan for the change!

October 11, 2012 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  22. TJ

Caption to the photo: "Where am I? Why am I here?"

October 11, 2012 01:38 pm at 1:38 pm |
  23. SugarKube

Hey Ryan, ask Biden why California was not included in the last job numbers that showed unemployment down to 7.8%.

October 11, 2012 01:38 pm at 1:38 pm |
  24. BumblingJoeBiden

they had to re-stuff his head with straw!

October 11, 2012 01:38 pm at 1:38 pm |
  25. Tom

Joe has plenty of practice at putting his foot in his mouth and I'm sure we'll see plenty of that tonight. I bet they have an entire staff assigned tonight to handle "what he meant to say.." Late Night with Joe Biden!

October 11, 2012 01:38 pm at 1:38 pm |