October 11th, 2012

Obama: 'could not be prouder' of Biden debate

(CNN) - President Barack Obama called Vice President Joe Biden shortly after Thursday's vice presidential debate, and told reporters that he "could not be prouder" of his running mate.

"I'm going to make a special point of saying I thought Joe Biden was terrific," he told reporters after Air Force One landed near Washington. "I could not be prouder of him. I thought he made a very strong case. And you know I really think that his passion for making sure that the economy grows for the middle class came through so I'm really proud of him."

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

It is highly unusual for Obama to approach reporters in this fashion after deplaning.

Obama also posted a tweet to his official Twitter feed after the debate.

"Tonight proved once again that you won't find a better and more tireless advocate for the middle class than @JoeBiden. -bo #TeamJoe," he wrote.

Obama was to watch at least part of the debate while flying back from Florida, where he held an earlier campaign fundraiser in Miami.

Filed under: 2012 • President Obama
  1. n

Go get em Joe and when you get em down, kick em!

October 11, 2012 11:21 pm at 11:21 pm |
  2. Borderless

"My boy Racist Joe didn't make any major gaffes and he broke even. I'm so proud."

October 11, 2012 11:22 pm at 11:22 pm |
  3. BCInNV

I thought the same thing! Fight for me please!!! signed – 47%er

October 11, 2012 11:22 pm at 11:22 pm |
  4. Howard

Biden and Obama played the blame game again, by throwing America's intelligence community under the bus ... but, previous statements and video ... contradicts Biden's assertions that the White House was never asked for more security in Libya ... or, that it was a terrorist attack ... resulting in a conclusion that Biden was lying ... Also, Biden's condescending sneers were extremely rude and disrespectful.

October 11, 2012 11:24 pm at 11:24 pm |
  5. 333maxwell

Way to go Joe..

It's about time these guys got some of their nonsense tossed back in their face, and I think it was prudent that you took the role of 'corrector in chief' rather than the President this time.

Nice work buddy, thanks for fighting the good fight.

October 11, 2012 11:26 pm at 11:26 pm |
  6. Chris

Biden cleaned Ryan's clock. Period. Finally Dems took a few notes from the Romney's playbook

October 11, 2012 11:28 pm at 11:28 pm |
  7. Kelly

OMG.. it annoys me that Romney did last week but Biden did today yet Romney was praised and Biden is now called agressive... GET REAL... BIDEN did an amazing job and guess what I'm still waiting on some specifics from Ryan... GREAT JOB!!!

October 11, 2012 11:30 pm at 11:30 pm |
  8. bb

Ryan didn't know what hit him!

October 11, 2012 11:30 pm at 11:30 pm |
  9. RWB1956

Nelson from "The Simpsons" to Paul Ryan:HA-HA!

October 11, 2012 11:30 pm at 11:30 pm |
  10. Gary Norris

As an Indepedent voter, I have to say VP biden totally demolished paul ryan.

October 11, 2012 11:30 pm at 11:30 pm |
  11. CanadaONE

in the next debate Obama will focus on the 47% recording

it is not just what romney said it is who he said it to – the rich – what would he have said if the audience was middle class or poor

In Canada we would call him a LEACH

if romney wins the USA is going down and it will only take one year for the total demise of the USA – thanks to the LEACH

October 11, 2012 11:31 pm at 11:31 pm |
  12. Name

Ryan couldn't answer a question

October 11, 2012 11:31 pm at 11:31 pm |
  13. sailbug

Joe Biden was excellent!! He was so straight forward like he always is. I know people don't like that about him but I do. At least you know where he stand. Some people like Romney and Ryan will change their mind like any way the wind blows is cool with me.

October 11, 2012 11:31 pm at 11:31 pm |
  14. Ohio

Biden kicked tail. You go Joe! Ryan looked like he practiced in front of a mirror for hours. I bet he spends most of his day admiring himself.

October 11, 2012 11:32 pm at 11:32 pm |
  15. Gimmeabreak!

Both Obama and Biden continually bring shame on this country. What a couple of unpatriotic lunatics!

October 11, 2012 11:32 pm at 11:32 pm |
  16. Name frank

Obama Biden the right choice!!!

October 11, 2012 11:33 pm at 11:33 pm |
  17. islacita

Poll is completely off. Liberal media bias my heiney,

October 11, 2012 11:34 pm at 11:34 pm |
  18. Wolfegang@live.com

Joe made me proud.

October 11, 2012 11:36 pm at 11:36 pm |
  19. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

Biden did what he had to do. There were some serious attacks that weren't refuted by Ryan. I think Biden did better than Ryan.

October 11, 2012 11:37 pm at 11:37 pm |
  20. Anonymous

CNN's poll seems suspect. Every other one I have seen has Biden clearly the "winner"

October 11, 2012 11:38 pm at 11:38 pm |
  21. Lionel

Way to go Joe. You did the Americans proud. Lying Ryan has been fact checked to be FALSE on most of his answers.

I though that BIDEN won this and he has my vote.

October 11, 2012 11:39 pm at 11:39 pm |
  22. Konfanko

Joe ensure that facts matter and called Ryan on facts when when he was etch and sketching

October 11, 2012 11:39 pm at 11:39 pm |
  23. MrsCarter

I think VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN did a great job. As far as Lyin Ryan is concerned, .....NONFACTOR. Get em VP Get em.
    #OBAMA/BIDEN2012

October 11, 2012 11:40 pm at 11:40 pm |
  24. SwingState

Ryan was asked to name specifics several times but failed. It's one thing to offer grand ideas and another to provide specifics to make them possible. I don't see how anyone can sit there and not just vomit from all the fluff. Chuckling is the nicer way Joe handled it.

October 11, 2012 11:42 pm at 11:42 pm |
  25. Alyson (Florida)

Biden kicked Ryan's butt. Pretty good for an "old man".

October 11, 2012 11:42 pm at 11:42 pm |