(CNN) - Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney met with evangelical icon Billy Graham on Thursday at the evangelist’s remote mountaintop home in North Carolina.
Romney traveled to Graham’s residence in Montreat, just outside Asheville, to meet with Graham and his son Franklin Graham, a high-profile pastor in his own right.
A MORMON IS NOT A CHRISTIAN! Do your reading people!
I have a good friend in WV that has never graduated HS, never left WV, and she says Romney is going to teach everyone how to be a millionaire. How do you argue with that kind of ignorance? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
We met thru a friend that was in the military with her husband. Her husband just rolls his eyes and keeps his mouth shut.
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Big deal. Unfortunately, Mr. Graham doesn't know what year it is and Romney doesn't know what page he's on.
WV, AL, GA, MS, SC, all seem to be lacking in education and high on drug use. What a shame. They instill their ignorance in their kids. Thank God some of those kids can't find jobs there and they move away and meet people who know what the real world and education is and the opportunites they can give their own kids.
@ GI Joe
"WV, AL, GA, MS, SC, all seem to be lacking in education and high on drug use."
While you seem to be lacking any information to substantiate such a baseless claim.
There's a low point for Mitt Romney. Dislike.
I hope Graham remembers that Mormonism is a cult. He's old and should be left alone and in peace.
kowtowing to one of the biggest haters in the country....good move Flip. What did you promise the doddering old fool?
I find myself on the same side as the Obamakins on this issue. Shudder.
Can you say "abortion flip floppery damage control"? Very good. I knew you could.
Getting the political blessing of Graham is little better than that of the average pop culure figure. It may mean something to someone, but for the most part it is absolutely meaningless.
Watch out, Billy. He might try to convert you to a Mormon!!
Republicans are going to settle on an east coast, elite, millionaire from an aristocratic family? What is his experience that will make him a successful Conservative President?
1. He fires people, lays off employees, and outsources jobs while pocketing the pension funds of those same employees.
2. He is comfortable in an upper class setting. After all, America IS the upper class, isn't it? The little people, like you and I, are not really very important. People of Romney's class and background see us as livestock that can understand English.
3. He does not care if Americans suffer. He has made lots of them suffer so far in his life. He's made of tough stuff. No weepy compassion will ever cloud his judgment.
4. He knows how to destroy corporations and sell off their assets. He could use those skills to destroy the federal government, a stated goal of Conservatism
5. After the Romney Administration is over in 2016 or 2018, Conservatives will say, "Hey, you can't blame us for the disastrous Romney Administration. He wasn't a TRUE Conservative. What we need is a TRUE Conservative like Ron Paul or Newt Gingrich or Rick Santorum … or maybe govornor Palin."So the
Hey, GI Joe. Half of us in GA are uneducated and the other half of us are on drugs! It ain't 't the same half.
The real,problem is them 2/3 that are republicans.
Religious sales people believe that they can sell their version of Christianity to weak-minded Christians. Mr. Billy Graham is attempting to use his standing among Christians to influence the election. Thus, he has revealed his hand and should have no credibility with true followers of Christ. Mormonism does not adhere to the teachings of Christ and therefore it is not Christianity. Many will preach in His name, but beware of them. Christians are followers of Christ and know the he is GOD. Moreover, they are advocates for the poor and homeless
The Ryan choice is EXCELLENT
Ryan has the courage to challenge Big socialist government programs like Social Security and Medicare.
Politicians have been deathly afraid to challenge senior citizens on Social Security and Medicare because they are such a powerful voting block
But Senior Citizens have been feeding at the government trough for too long.
It's time Seniors learned that nothing is "Free" and that WELFARE FOR THE ELDERLY is no different from welfare for the poor.
American seniors are just going to have to learn to save their money and rely on themselves in their old age.
NO MORE GOVERNMENT HANDOUTS TO SENIORS
It's time to end the two biggest socialist programs in the federal government....MEDICARE and SOCIAL SECURITY.
And the Romney/Ryan team is the ones to do it.
You are going to pay your way now old people, no more free lunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
My hope is that Dr. Billy Graham or Franklin Graham will share the gospel of Jesus Christ with him. That's the only power they have.