October 16th, 2012

Obama comes on strong, Romney stands ground in second debate

Hempstead, New York (CNN) - President Barack Obama fought back and Republican challenger Mitt Romney mostly stood his ground.

The second of three presidential debates on Tuesday night brought the desired energy from the president sought by worried Democrats after a lackluster performance in the first encounter nearly two weeks ago.

FULL STORY

Filed under: 2012 • Debate • Mitt Romney • New York • President Obama
  1. Milton

President Obama,just a great man,who can take over for four more yes,I agree

October 16, 2012 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  2. meb

Obama absolutely won, Ramny lies a lot just talks what ever comes to his lips.

October 16, 2012 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  3. marx

Obama won today's debate.

October 16, 2012 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  4. Obama alltheway

Fighter for the people. The people's president!

October 16, 2012 11:17 pm at 11:17 pm |
  5. mohamud. k. las vegas. nv.

Republican like. War. I. Will. Vote. 4. Obama dont. Like. War.

October 16, 2012 11:17 pm at 11:17 pm |
  6. JVR

Obama in the first debate did not loog like he wanted to be there. In the second debate he looked upset. Romney was solid in his engagement in both debates.

October 16, 2012 11:18 pm at 11:18 pm |
  7. Leticia

Romney doesn't respect the 47%, women, veterans or immigrants born here, I just don't understand who, in their rational mind, would vote for you, you hate people, you like businesses for yourself!

October 16, 2012 11:18 pm at 11:18 pm |
  8. tammyk tammy

Proof positive that President Obama's policies are on the right track. If you are one of the newly reemployed, you need to send him a Thank You Vote on Nov 6th. OBAMA/BIDEN 2012

October 16, 2012 11:18 pm at 11:18 pm |
  9. Godwin

Both parties did well but I think Obama did better. It is harder being on the defensive side but Obama still did a very well. I will give this one to him.

October 16, 2012 11:18 pm at 11:18 pm |
  10. Roger

Yeeeeh, the president really won today hands down

October 16, 2012 11:19 pm at 11:19 pm |
  11. Josie

I've just became american citizen several months ago and when I was stll a greencard holder I was rootig for Obama and now that I can vote , I'll go Romney. Romney was right when he ecourage immigrants to come here legally just like what I did. Romey was right in describing that there are lot of people in line who wants to cme here legally and thats what the govt should encourage, to come here legally and not to reward illegal immigrants.

October 16, 2012 11:19 pm at 11:19 pm |
  12. meb

Romney, you forget u r talking with an experiened president, not a bussiness man.

October 16, 2012 11:20 pm at 11:20 pm |
  13. Timo

Obama won today and Romney's lies caught up on him today.

October 16, 2012 11:21 pm at 11:21 pm |
  14. Diane

Candy blew it....
    Obama practically begged, whined for her to rescue him. He expects that from press...automatically. What a shame... Mr. SLICK still needs help.

October 16, 2012 11:22 pm at 11:22 pm |
  15. Flygirl

I cant tell when Romney is telling the truth, no joke! Its crazy how often this guy changes his mind ! Am I the only one who sees this?
    We are in deep trouble if this guy makes it! All he wants is the White House... Then he will tell you all later what his plans are! Good luck

October 16, 2012 11:22 pm at 11:22 pm |
  16. Matt

Romney won. Obama was better than the first debate, but Romney didn't back down. ALso I counted at least 4 times that even I know Obama LIED.

October 16, 2012 11:22 pm at 11:22 pm |
  17. 1crusader

The president clearly won this debate !

October 16, 2012 11:23 pm at 11:23 pm |
  18. Karen

I agree meb. Obama couldn't follow Romney's economics. It was too complicated for him.
    Obama didn't answer the question on Libya that was directed to him. That was a fatal mistake.

October 16, 2012 11:23 pm at 11:23 pm |
  19. rmd

Obama was unwilling – possibly unable to answer the questions posed him.
    My family is worse off now than 4 years ago.

October 16, 2012 11:24 pm at 11:24 pm |
  20. ST

1. Well done Mr. President you have your own style of doing things; fighting from behind, leading from behind it works.

2. Very proud of Candy Crowley. Brilliant very well executed job.

3. I could not believe what I heard from Romney when he said he never said: "Arizona Immigration Law is a model for the country". Watching the gauge of undecided both men and women sharply degraded him below the line.

October 16, 2012 11:24 pm at 11:24 pm |
  21. Mary

Romney won!!!!! Obaama is a liar and has not accomplished anything as presindet! Time for change.

October 16, 2012 11:25 pm at 11:25 pm |
  22. Claire

Looking at Obama's caring and concerned policies seem nice and heart felt but all translate as Spend More money and raise tax revenues for these programs. I want to make money pay my fair share and still enjoy my life. Not work to pay more taxes and ask for government hand outs. Put more money in our pockets to help our economy. Vote Romney. Obama has failed as he is clearly admitting. This is our leader who can't fail or blame other people.

October 16, 2012 11:25 pm at 11:25 pm |
  23. brenlea

romney won. obama is a liar and a second term for him would spell disaster for the US.

October 16, 2012 11:25 pm at 11:25 pm |
  24. Name Isaac

Mitt was rude I think Obama won

October 16, 2012 11:25 pm at 11:25 pm |
  25. Brenda Baker

President Obama won this debate he did a great job of letting people know that Mr Romney can not be trusted on most issue's still not clear on his tax plans, denile on what he plans to cut, like social programs, at least he did not come right out and say to a student this time get a job, but it still came out the same in his answer, Collage is not for everyone but for the ones who can afford to pay for it or there parents pay for it. Romney out and out lied about Obama's response toLlibia Obama did say it was a act of terrow and he would seek out and take down the ones responsible for the act. and obama was right he said it the day after the attack, since it happened in the night . At least this attack was not on American soil like under Bush's watch. And for 4 yrs we have felt safer, for this I thank you Mr President. At this point I do not believe a word Romney has to say since he changes his view every couple of days. Obama is a trustworthy person, the only thing he did not deliver on was cutting the defocit but then he had no real idea what trouble this country was n until he took office and he said my god what a mesh, but he worked hard to over come a lot of it and with coroperation he could have done more.

October 16, 2012 11:26 pm at 11:26 pm |