Washington (CNN) - The Obama campaign has bought an additional six million dollars of ad time in seven key swing states, a source tracking ad buys told CNN.
The re-election campaign in August reserved $32.5 million for broadcast and local cable commercials to air beginning Oct. 2 and going through Election Day in nine swing states but has added to that total since then. That was part of its unprecedented $77 million general election ad buy that began in August in Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina and Virginia running through Election Day.
– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker
– Check out the CNN Electoral Map and Calculator and game out your own strategy for November.
Purchasing that much time as early as it did allowed the re-election campaign to get better rates and to place commercials in the best time slots.
The Romney campaign has been buying time on a week by week basis meaning it may not always get the best time slots and may have had to pay higher rates.
Between Oct. 1 and this Sunday Obama's campaign will have spent at least $49 million while Romney's campaign will have bought almost $40 million in ad time.
Below are the details of the additional $6.24 million the Obama campaign has bought:
– Follow Kevin Bohn on Twitter @KevinBohnCNN
He would be better served to put it in his post-presidency slush fund, he'll need it very soon!
Obama spent over a TRILLION DOLLARS on welfare in 2011 ... a 30% increase under Obama. We need a President, like Mitt Romney, who will get Americans back to work !!! Romney / Ryan 2012
That's right Mr President, fight fire with fire.
Howard – You do realize that if Mittens is elected, no person will make enough in wages to buy the Fords you are selling? With his unfunded tax cuts and increase defense spending, Mittens will be $8 trillion short of balancing the budget, so he will have to take it away from the middle class.
Mitt's 6-point plan for economic and world domination:
1. Cut superfluous agencies from the government: Which will increase umemployemnt to 10% or more within his first 3 months in office
2. Reduce tax deductions: Pick your deductions from my approved deductions and forget the other deductions you might have that are legitimate.
3. Increase military spending so we can lead from the front again and fend off evil terrorists like Iran, Syria and Russia: Again, no revenue coming in to pay for it.
4. Cut spending in social programs and PBS. Again, cut revenue and kids favorite TV programs that will not make a dent int he deficit.
5. Reduce corporate taxes so companies will have more money to hire again: Companies are not hiring because they actually have a lot more money and want to keep it. The only hiring they will do will be for cheap labor that is readily available overseas.
6. Elect me because it's my turn.
Please re-elect Barack Obama. If, for no other reason, because Barack and Michelle and their beautiful girls are so much better looking than Mitt and Ann and their 5 android sons.
Obama spent over a TRILLION DOLLARS on welfare in 2011 ... a 30% increase under Obama.
Don't know where you got your numbers - welfare spending in 2008 was 824 Billion and in 2011 it was 923 Billion. Mostly to folks who lost their jobs and had more kids than they could support on minimum wage.
But Romney doesn't want to increase minimum wage, and he will do away with abortion and some forms of birth control so there will be even MORE in poverty with Romney.
You need to stop watching FOX.