Obama campaign sets single day fundraising record
October 19th, 2012

Obama campaign sets single day fundraising record

(CNN) – It seems an energetic debate performance can generate big bucks.

The Obama campaign confirms that they had their single biggest day of fundraising on Wednesday, the day after the town-hall style presidential debate. The record includes not just the current campaign but also the 2008 presidential cycle.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

While the campaign Friday morning confirmed the fundraising record, they said they aren't releasing at this time an actual figure for what they raised on Wednesday. After a lackluster performance in the first presidential debate in Denver two weeks ago, Obama spent much of Tuesday's debate in Hempstead, New York attacking Republican nominee Mitt Romney.

The fundraising record was first reported by Politico's Mike Allen.

Filed under: 2012 • Fundraising • President Obama • Presidential Debates
  1. Willie Floyd

If "liars" were in a downward spiral Romney would already be 6 feet under. I don't know about you Robme voters, but my vote isn't FOR SALE!!!!

OBAMA/BIDEN 2012

October 19, 2012 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  2. Mack

Romney is up in the Gallup poll because they over sample the racist south. Obama is up in the northeast, midwest and west but Romney is way up in the South. Doesn't help him in the electoral map though.

October 19, 2012 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  3. Lives in the Buckeye state

Too little too late. Most people are already decided and Romney is pulling ahead. At this point of the game any of the remaining undecided generally break for the challenger as well.

October 19, 2012 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  4. Ray E. (Georgia)

I don't know why but... Former Obama supporters, STACYDASH, KID ROCK, LINSDAY LOHAN and ROCKER GENE SIMMONS are now supportnig Romney. I sense a trend here.

October 19, 2012 10:53 am at 10:53 am |
  5. ST

We are almost there. Two weeks to go. This is the time we are obliged to give than ever. There is the pay off. I can feel it already.

October 19, 2012 10:56 am at 10:56 am |
  6. Anonymous

"I don't know what the fellow who thinks Rmoney is leading there is smoking,"

Fox News. They come here day after day giving us their Fox News "inside scoop" talking points. And Rush Limbaugh's intellectual take on the State of the Election. No doubt some of them are also too Glenn Beck folks.

October 19, 2012 10:58 am at 10:58 am |
  7. plain&simple

If this money came in $10.00 at a time.....Republicans should worry!!

October 19, 2012 11:02 am at 11:02 am |
  8. Woman In California

This is good news and I only wish I had been part of it but I will contribute today for sure.

Go Obama!

October 19, 2012 11:04 am at 11:04 am |
  9. chilly g

after this election the heater in this country (republicans) will be very quiet for a long time because they will finaly
    reliaze the majority of the american peoples rejected them.

October 19, 2012 11:11 am at 11:11 am |
  10. Marg

So happy to hear that people aren't forgetting the pledges signed, the obstruction to progress, the refusal to sign the jobs bill and everything else the GOP did to make sure the president couldn't bring the country to a faster recovery. It's nice to know that we realize that even with all this, the president has moved us forward and will continue to do so.

October 19, 2012 11:11 am at 11:11 am |
  11. Moving forward

This is my first time donating to a political campaign. I have been giving small increments along the way...Go Obama!!

October 19, 2012 11:14 am at 11:14 am |
  12. greg the progressive

@Sol-L.I. N.Y.

Romney is leading in Pennsylvania and Florida......the CNN maps need to be updated

----------------------------------------------------

The poll you are referring to is the Washington Examiner, and if couldnt tell by looking over the website, it is more Right leaning than Fox News and Rasmussen combined, so I wouldnt get too excited about that poll. Trust.

October 19, 2012 11:17 am at 11:17 am |