Obama to pull 'all-nighter' for key battleground votes
October 20th, 2012

Obama to pull 'all-nighter' for key battleground votes

(CNN) – President Barack Obama will embark on a whirlwind tour of battleground states Wednesday in Iowa before becoming the first sitting president in modern history to cast an early ballot in-person.

On the "non-stop" tour, Obama will rally supporters and volunteers in key swing states and try to appeal to undecided voters. The president will make phone calls to undecided voters while aboard Air Force One in between his tightly packed schedule of campaign stops.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

Seeking to motivate his supporters to go to the polls, Obama will cast his ballot early in his hometown of Chicago, Illinois, on Thursday. First lady Michelle Obama submitted her absentee ballot on Monday in Illinois.

During the tour, the president plans to visit six of the nine battleground states, making stops
Wednesday in Denver, Colorado, and Las Vegas, Nevada, before heading to Tampa, Florida, and Richmond, Virginia, on Thursday. He will end the 48-hour tour in Cleveland, Ohio, on Thursday.

Recent polls in several battleground states underscore how tight the race is between Obama and his Republican challenger Mitt Romney.

Also on the CNN Political Ticker

– Ryan zeroes in on energy jobs in Pennsylvania

– Poll: Races in Florida, Ohio remains tight after second debate

– Early voting opens in seven states, D.C.

– Sparring over economy in weekly addresses

Filed under: Colorado • Iowa • Nevada • Ohio • President Obama • Virginia
  1. Anonymous

"Stop pretending Obama is the next messiah – it was a hoax...he is a fraud! He is directly responsible for the death of 4 Americans – the first ambassador murdered since Carter"

Stop pretending you EVER voted for Obama as you stated in a previous comment. You did not.

October 21, 2012 05:06 pm at 5:06 pm |
  2. Anonymous

He's better get these fools to vote early or they'll never vote for him, many of them. The could conceivably wise up.

October 21, 2012 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |
  3. Hip voter

Yes, they had all better vote early before most of them get hip and change their minds, which is why Obama is goading voters to panic to the polls. Romney is on the roll, and O knows it. People are examing the demonization of Romney are recognizing, many of them, that he is a manager, not just a talker, a man familiar with economics, not a bureaucrat.

October 21, 2012 05:21 pm at 5:21 pm |
  4. PaPilot

I guess he must bother to vote for the PR value, but recall the District of Columbia does not get any electoral votes.

October 21, 2012 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  5. john

Not voting.. Well then he does not deserve to win PERIOD. I do not care what you say MEN died to give us the very precious VOTE. and there are other people on the Ballot he could vote for.. for the CIC not to vote is Deplorable.. He could Vote absentee.. blood was spilled to maintain our right and no excuses

October 21, 2012 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  6. Name

Give me a break. This guy will do nothing more than what pleases him the most. Wake up

October 21, 2012 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  7. JulieB

Too bad you can't reply to the posts you love! Sabrina and Woman in California, I totally agree with what you are saying. No more wars!!!! They WILL bring back the draft, just you watch. And there won't be anything you'll be able to do about if with a republican house and perhaps senate. If your young son got financial aid, it means he had to register in
    Selective Service (just like mine) and tragically they'll be coming for him!! Vote Obama! If Romney gets in, just wait for War!

October 21, 2012 05:39 pm at 5:39 pm |
  8. JulieB

@Mom3, just like Bush was responsible for the death of 3,000!!!!

October 21, 2012 05:41 pm at 5:41 pm |
  9. Anonymous

"As for your Leave it to Beaver comment – you know absolutely nothing about me...the color of my skin, how much money I make, where I live so please don't make judgements about how I live my life. You may disagree with me but don't judge me or my lifestyle."

Many could argue that you shouldn't make comments if you don't like the results you get. Especially when you appear to be a Bush supporter as well as a Romney supporter. That DOES make you nothing short of being a Republican, but you certainly were never an Obama supporter which was the gist or your comment to the "Anonymous" you originally responded to, who then responded back to you. This is what happens when so many of you come to CNN to pretend to be what you aren't - you get called out on your..............hypocrisy.

October 21, 2012 05:45 pm at 5:45 pm |
  10. nancy lester

i think we are down to the wire but obama will be reelected on nove. 6th. we can't go backwards we are starting to pick up and i do think obama is the reason. no one knows how this will turn out until they count the votes with women blacks gays and latineo and the poor peolpe obama should do really good. i think the polls maybe could be some points off. i think mitt will governor okay maybe like the bush h .. i do think we will be going to war i do think the gops like wars. so heres your choice if you like war vote mitt. if you like no wars vote obama this is the facts wake up people

October 21, 2012 05:46 pm at 5:46 pm |
  11. failures

As they say, cramming is not good for you. Sounds like Obama has not done his homework for the past 4 yrs (including the first debate) and is now going to do an overnighter! What a find example!

October 21, 2012 05:58 pm at 5:58 pm |
  12. Gordon in Virginia

I think the Governor's on the wrong track if anyone is. He and his running mate are so far out to the right, I still find it hard to believe that even with a slow recovering economy, he's still in the race. Of course the Governor has been doing his best to move more toward the middle of the political spectrum. That's how he got elected in Massachusetts. I think there really is something to the assertion that the Governor suffers from "Romnesia." He has changed his position on a number of issues. How can anyone as rich as Romney talk about helping the middle class. I don't even think he knows what the middle class is.

October 21, 2012 06:00 pm at 6:00 pm |
  13. tessaprn

If Obama had wanted to impress people he should have been at the WH and Oval office doing his job instead of spending 2012 doing nothing but campaigning. So if he is lacking in leadership doing his first term just how much of a leader will he be with no need to worry about keeping the office during the second term?

October 21, 2012 06:09 pm at 6:09 pm |
  14. Sabrina

to mom3
    As I drink Kool-aid, you must be drowning in Romneys holy water. You see what you want, and hear what youbTHINK you hear. If he wins, which he may, you will know of his love for you, and the many like you, that are lead by a sheep in wolfs clothing. MR. Romneys dream is to show daddy, look I won, not to help you, but maybe there is no help for many of his big and little followers. I saw the first and second debate, first, President Obama probably thought , how can you argue with a seasoned LIAR, and what is the purpose. the second debate, MR. Romney could not hold on to his lies, and make them work, so he bobbed and weaves his head, oh did I forget bat the dark dreary eyes making himself look ridiculous. e ran over the narrator, never taking no for an answer, because no one can say NO to God. I do not care who you vote for, because we all have a Choice, but again I say look where this Country was 4 years ago, and think about where you could have been, maybe part of 98 percent that could have lost homes, jobs, all of their savings, and some people maybe even their lives, as in the GREAT DEPRESSION. maybe Governor Romney will donate money to you and all of his followers once he runs us all in the ground, well, maybe not because then he would be broke, oh no, he can always run to where his real money, and heart lies, not in the USA.......

October 21, 2012 06:57 pm at 6:57 pm |
  15. Dr.Cole

He'll pull an all-nighter for votes, but not for America...way to keep your eye on the ball Obama! It's not about doing what's good for the country, only what's good for your re-election.

October 21, 2012 08:02 pm at 8:02 pm |
  16. patch

When asked why he (President Obama) did not spend more time meeting with congressional leaders he responded he was a family man, that seeing his children was more important. (which I agree with) However he seems to have a lot of time to be away campaigning.. I guess the rules are different for that. If a president did a good job his first 3 years he would not have to spend one year campaigining to be re-elected. People would be excited about re-electing him or her. Think about it America

October 21, 2012 08:16 pm at 8:16 pm |
  17. Namedd

Obama is a failure . People don't want to admit it since he was supposed to be the black messiah . The media has been in the tank for him since day one . Even the women on the view gush and giggle like little school girls everytime his own . Because it was such a big deal made over his race its hard to say the first black president was a failure but soon he will join the others like carter . He can do the talk circuit then

October 21, 2012 08:50 pm at 8:50 pm |
  18. cosmo

Wow. Blaming Obama directly for the death of 4 Americans in Libya. Really? Do you blame Bush for the death of the thousands of Americans that died last 9/11? How did the terrorists get into this country under Bush administration watch? You have Romnesia, just like any Republican.

October 21, 2012 09:47 pm at 9:47 pm |
  19. bob adams

Obama pays his taxes. Obama didn't take amnesty as a tax criminal like Robme did. How do I know, how do you know ? You can see Obama's taxes for the last 5 years especially 2009 , you can't see Robme's and he wouldn't dare show you, now you know why.

October 21, 2012 10:10 pm at 10:10 pm |
  20. L.R.Long

Romney: LOOKS THE PART BUT LACKS THE HEART.

October 22, 2012 02:08 am at 2:08 am |
  21. Obama Hates America

I was very disappointed when Obama was elected in 2008, but in the back of my mind I held out hope that Obama might not be a bad president. My fears about Obama were justified. Obama has been a complete failure. Every patriotic American I know is terrified of Obama winning a second term. Obamacare alone will cripple the American economy and ration health care for all, especially for the very old Americans who need health care the most. Old people who have the money to purchase care will not be able to get it, because the government will dole out only what it deems "affordable" for the government! You liberals have finally found a way to destroy the USA, but we won't allow it. We are electing Romney and Senate Republicans on Nov 6, so they can REPEAL OBAMACARE!!!

October 22, 2012 02:44 am at 2:44 am |
  22. 1st time voter

I want a president that will say I am Christian, not may be I am a Christian. California is worst today than 4 yrs ago, I got laid off after 32 years with the same company. I do not look at the unemployment rate for all the USA, I look at it in California. It is over 10%, and if the unemployment rate went down, this is due to the seasonal employment, wait till after Christmas the unemployment will be back up, who are you fooling Mr Obama, I do not trust you to lead this country anymore, you have people in the middle east that tell you "OBAMA WE ARE ALL OSAMA" what do you have to say to that. and over all shame on you and president clinton, shame on you both.

October 22, 2012 02:50 am at 2:50 am |
  23. cac

I stand by the woman in California. I will never vote for a Mormon because that would be a digrace to our Lord Jesus Christ. Williard is a sheep wearing bush underwear. Romneys first name is Williard not Mitt, that should tell americans about him, liar, liar, pants on fire.................................Hawaii for Barrack Obama, all the way.........

October 22, 2012 03:51 am at 3:51 am |
  24. Name Emma Igwe

Take it or leave President Obama is the man for the white house. Listen to his winnowed arguments, tough plans and procedures you will be convinced that Americans can truly rely on him and give him their votes.think twice

October 22, 2012 07:12 am at 7:12 am |