October 21st, 2012
1 year ago

Hawaii: The state that doesn't vote

Lahaina, Hawaii (CNN) – Elle Cochran grew up far too enchanted by Maui's rocky coastline and beach-bum lifestyle to care a thing about politics and voting.

"You get up, work, go to the beach, sleep - and do it again," she said of life on this Hawaiian island, which, of course, is known for its surf. "It's just this routine."

FULL STORY

Filed under: 2012 • Hawaii
  1. george

That state should have never became one.

October 21, 2012 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  2. Claudia, Houston, Tx

I love this Island and all it's enchantment as well as it's people, they are so civil and friendly towards everyone.

October 21, 2012 06:44 pm at 6:44 pm |
  3. fernace

If votes didn't matter why would there be such a push of the GOTP to stifle voting on the premise of "voter fraud"? If we, the people truly want to co-govern w/the representatives we choose then voting is our duty & resposibility! I recall how excited subjugated people are, in nations 1ce dominated by dictators & tyrants, about being able to cast a vote for the 1st time, when the oppressive government has fallen! This election is an example of how important it is to excercice this right! We have a choice between a plutocrat & a democrat! My vote is for Obama, a man of the people, for the people! Don't let the hype fool you! Romney is a corporationist who has changed his stance on every issue discussed, he hides his money, i.e. not investing in the nation that made his family rich & he & his wife look down their noses at "you people"! Not to mention his devastating policies, should he take office! Any1 who doesn't want this type of government needs to make their voice heard!! Obama Nov 6!

October 21, 2012 07:34 pm at 7:34 pm |
  4. Woman In California

I made my first trip to Hawaii i(Maui) in July and it was beautiful. There was no stress only relaxation and enchanting scenery, so I totally understand what he's saying. Upon entering the Oakland airport, all the stress returned.

I would encourage everyone to visit Hawaii.

October 21, 2012 08:20 pm at 8:20 pm |