Romney team takes on the press–in football
October 21st, 2012
1 year ago

Romney team takes on the press–in football

(CNN) – Members of the media and Mitt Romney's campaign took to the Florida sands on Sunday to play a game of touch football, one day before the GOP presidential nominee takes part in the final debate with President Barack Obama in Boca Raton.

Romney briefly showed up at the match to do the coin toss. His wife, Ann, played in the game with Secret Service agents as her blockers.

But neither team picked up any bragging rights. The final score: 14-14.

Filed under: 2012 • Florida • Mitt Romney
  1. george

These people are great!

October 21, 2012 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |
  2. Thomas

Oh how funny !

October 21, 2012 05:47 pm at 5:47 pm |
  3. Pete

Romney did the coin toss and dove in for the coin,cheap skate and his poor suffering wife Ann made a touchdown,boy that just tugged my heart,does it yours!!

October 21, 2012 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |
  4. proudmemberofglobalzero

So happy he got the day to play unlike the rest of us that may have to work on Sunday. That would be me. This man is too much for me to take. He lies all the time and everyone believes what he says. We will be lost if this man gets elected. I am doing my best to GOTV in Florida. From everyone I spoke with.....it looks good for President Obama. The people I talk to as well as myself wonder why we never get polled. I am a LV. Primaries, City Elections, you name it I vote in it.

October 21, 2012 06:54 pm at 6:54 pm |
  5. Woman In California

I thought Ann was too sick to engage in physical activities. Useless article to portray the Romney's as caring about the average person. Staged and completely phoney because we all know, they don't care about the 47% of us who are dependent upon government (at least by his own ignorance). Secret service protection billed to the American taxpapers for this nonsense?

October 21, 2012 08:16 pm at 8:16 pm |
  6. Margie

Thanks for showing those pictures of good Mitt. Took me back to the Jack Kennedy years. You Mitt are not Jack Kennedy.

October 21, 2012 09:51 pm at 9:51 pm |
  7. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

How cute... Romney has time for football. I don't think that he has really done his homework with his proposals.

October 21, 2012 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |