Live blog: Final presidential debate
October 22nd, 2012
1 year ago

Live blog: Final presidential debate

(CNN) - President Barack Obama and Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney battle it out for the third and final time when they take the debate stage Monday at Lynn University in Boca Raton, Florida.

The topic of the final debate is foreign policy.

Follow our live blog for minute-by-minute updates throughout the evening, as well as an interactive conversation featuring trivia, fact-checks, polls, and social media.

LIVE BLOG

1. Ken

Obama constantly and incorrectly keeps saying that Romney plans to increase military spending by 2 Trilion dollars.
    Gov.Romney has never said to increase military spending, he said DO NOT CUT MILITARY SPENDING.

October 22, 2012 11:08 pm at 11:08 pm |
  2. jo

I was furious the modertor did not do mroe tobe fair with the time and ability to response. I wish Romney would have call the current President out more on his mis-representations. Bottom line the USA is a mess! Anyone who works, has a family and buys groceries knows that! We're way worse off than we were 4 years ago and I'm AFRAID OF THE FUTURE!

October 22, 2012 11:09 pm at 11:09 pm |
  3. Kez

Let me say Obama had to fix all of the republican mess over 8 years of mess the Bush's did like father like son now it seem like now they trying to get the other son. Republican's said they will not stand be hide Obama from day one what a joke.

October 22, 2012 11:12 pm at 11:12 pm |
  4. Misha

President Obama is the leader we have,and the leader we need to keep! Obama/Biden 2012!!!

October 22, 2012 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  5. Clinton News Network ( CNN)

America, just look at the record of the past 4 years. Enough said !

October 22, 2012 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  6. Bert McCollum

Great Job Mitt!!!

October 22, 2012 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  7. me

you obama fans can pat yourselves on the back all you want BUT remember one little fact NO election has ever been decided based on the presidential debates. also first impressions are lastint ones. The first debate was a cruucial loss for democrats

October 22, 2012 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  8. Cassandra

President Obama's debating style leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Why does the talking heads think that an angry, sarcastic, snarky President makes him the winner?

October 22, 2012 11:19 pm at 11:19 pm |
  9. Heidi jackson

I love u Obama. U have my vote!!

October 22, 2012 11:21 pm at 11:21 pm |
  10. J. David Holmes

Obama appeared to be agitated and combative all night long. He was often rude, and many of his facts were not true and simply bluffs. Romney appeared to be more presidential and Obama did not, nor can not, explain his failures over the past four years. Romney will be our next president come Novermber!

October 22, 2012 11:21 pm at 11:21 pm |
  11. J. David Holmes

Obama appeared to be agitated and combative all night long. He was often rude, and many of his facts were not true and simply bluffs. Romney appeared to be more presidential and Obama did not, nor can not, explain his failures over the past four years. Romney will be our next president come November!

October 22, 2012 11:22 pm at 11:22 pm |
  12. Richard

Obahma, just doesn’t get it. His grasp of facts was week at best. Then with his flowery statement at the end proved to me his ability for the use of flowery statements that a person would not be able to deny. However, it does not answer the question nor does it face a fact that is so hurting to us all as Americans. He referenced we have been down before and we will bounce back (now who will deny that), but when he said, we did it with character (yes character was part of it) but the truth is we had factories and major businesses that allowed us to bounce back. Let’s see how we are going to bounce back with the service industry being our main strength. We are trying to out source so much we will even bring illegal’s in to outsource our in labor here in our great nation. Obahma wins is a smoke screen. Sell it media sell us down the river…oops did we out source that too.

October 22, 2012 11:23 pm at 11:23 pm |
  13. Mark

Interesting that when Obama was confronted on his dedication to Isreal, more specifically Obama's "apology tour" of the middle east, the only thing he could come back with was his trips when he was a candidate in 2008.

October 22, 2012 11:23 pm at 11:23 pm |
  14. Avanti

President Obama earned the next 4 years and don't believe Romney is worthy or capable to handle the USA
    and in her best interest. He makes too many flip-flops, it's like watching a paranoid-scherzophrenic ! NG

October 22, 2012 11:24 pm at 11:24 pm |
  15. Joel

Jo first off the moderator was extremely fair with both time an ability to respond. Bob Schieffer did a great job! Secondly perhaps he did not call Obama on any misrepresentations because they are not misrepresentations they are correct and valid points Romney cannot defend against! Thirdly this country WAS A MESS AFTER BUSH RAN IT INTO THE GROUND and Obama has done a very good job in the worst situation inherited by a President since FDR took over for Hoover after he caused the great depression. Fourth I work, have many medical bills to pay and I am much better off than I was 4 years ago when Bush did nothing as my house went down the drain, the only future you should be afraid of is a future with a Romney presidency – that would have me hoping the MYANS ARE CORRECT!

October 22, 2012 11:24 pm at 11:24 pm |
  16. Mark

Kez: America is sick of the Bush excuse coming from Obama's mouth, apparently now he has enlisted his supporters to carry the banner. Nice work.

October 22, 2012 11:27 pm at 11:27 pm |
  17. Ed de Souza

A voice from abroad:
    After the third round.....Obama wins...and Mitt, well he`ll be the "designated" looser. Didn`t make the last nomination .

October 22, 2012 11:29 pm at 11:29 pm |
  18. Namebetty/boo

I will vote for obama I live in ohio

October 22, 2012 11:29 pm at 11:29 pm |
  19. cynthia Cosby

Obama won the debate, Romni agreed so much because he did not know what to say

October 22, 2012 11:36 pm at 11:36 pm |
  20. Claudia

Governor Mitt, will make a good president!

October 22, 2012 11:43 pm at 11:43 pm |
  21. chentell

President Obama came into the White House with a full plate but he stood up to the challenges. He didn't give up on America so I pray America don't give on him. If we are true to ourselves we all know he came into the office in the negatives and he dug us out of a hole. We aren't totally our of the clear being debt free but we are on our way to recovery. To vote for Romney with his backwards and forwards views is a tragedy in the making. Just like a bank account when you are in the negatives and get paid your still in the negatives until your debts are paid in full. Then you will see the rewards of your works

October 22, 2012 11:44 pm at 11:44 pm |
  22. Jane Sarnovsky

If Obama's foreign policies are so good why can't I travel safely to Egypt, Mexico, Israel, I could go on and on.

October 22, 2012 11:48 pm at 11:48 pm |
  23. Rita M

Pres. Obama was the winner of the debate, it doesn't matter what the numbers my say, Obama won. I will not vote for someone that don't have all the facts, Romney can't move me, tonight he lost it, he was like a kid that was in a class room taking a test and didn't know the answers, so that's was one test he did not pass, I think he need to go back and educate himself a little more, he's not the right man that I would want to be my president, Mitt that It you loss.

October 22, 2012 11:49 pm at 11:49 pm |
  24. Kez

I think some people that leave comment are really silly. Bush killed the economy and trying to fix it so give him a chance Mr. Republicans......

October 22, 2012 11:52 pm at 11:52 pm |
  25. Jeff Zarkoski

I was initially for Romney, but he has been all over the place with his views. I feel Obama has a better insight on how to move the nation foward. Obama has been purposely held back by the republicans. at every turn, in which i hate ....seeing that this was their plan from the first.

October 23, 2012 12:01 am at 12:01 am |