Obama to hit more battleground states
October 26th, 2012
1 year ago

Obama to hit more battleground states

(CNN) - President Barack Obama will continue his battleground swing next week, hitting Wisconsin, Ohio and Colorado, his campaign announced Friday.

The president will travel to Colorado Springs and Green Bay on Tuesday before heading to Ohio later that night. The following day, Obama is scheduled to speak at events in Cincinnati and Akron, Ohio.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

His Tuesday-Wednesday blitz will come after a busy day on Monday, when the president campaigns with former President Bill Clinton in Florida, Ohio and Virginia.

All in all, Obama will set foot in five swing states within the first three week days. Each state is considered a "toss-up" on CNN's Electoral Map and highly contested territory in the final 11 days of the 2012 presidential race.

One could argue the schedule is not nearly as grueling as the multi-state tour the president took this week, when he traveled to six states within two days, making his case for a second term.

– CNN's Ashley Killough contributed to this report.

Filed under: 2012 • Colorado • Ohio • President Obama • Wisconsin
  1. Gurgyl

Please be very very alert–do not sleep for eight more days. GOP thugs cheat–watch computers, voting places. Have strong and thorough SECURITY AT THIS JUNCTURE. Kindly do is, here My Blessings, God's blessings., I am praying for you and USA.

October 26, 2012 08:46 am at 8:46 am |
  2. rla

Obama should just go home and rest, make up the moving list and find a new school for his kids!!!! Sorry but its ALL OVER!!!

October 26, 2012 08:54 am at 8:54 am |
  3. Guest

I hope he takes a good look around at the results of his policies. Saw a story on 24/7 wall street about 13 cities going broke – 12 are in blue states...so you tell me whose party cant manage economics!? The good news is food stamps and unemployment are through the roof...
    ROMNEY/RYAN 2012.

October 26, 2012 09:09 am at 9:09 am |
  4. Tim

Go Obama Go, We are voting for you in IOWA... I might consider Rmoney but... would I be voting for the severe anti-woman conservative, OR the pro-abortion Mass. liberal? No in all reality I could never vote for a man that would sell and breakdown American companies– destroying countless American families for his personal gain!! He is SOULLESS! OBAMA 2012!

October 26, 2012 09:19 am at 9:19 am |
  5. amf140

Might we find time for a bit of time for governing here?????????? Been campaigning for about 8 months now. That's not what he was hired for.

October 26, 2012 09:39 am at 9:39 am |
  6. enuff

Just reading this makes me tired.

October 26, 2012 09:49 am at 9:49 am |
  7. Fortinbras

Hectic pace for both candidates. Obama is 15 years younger and hes previously been through this kind of prolonged mad dash to the finish.

October 26, 2012 10:05 am at 10:05 am |
  8. Me

Tthis man knows how to work hard to achieve his goals... I want him to keep his job and continue working for tax paying me!

October 26, 2012 10:10 am at 10:10 am |
  9. McShannon

I have visited Akron Ohio many times in the last year and I am always impressed with the forward thinking of the mayor of Akron. Akron is representative of an old city renewing itself into something new and earnestly thriving. I have spoken with some of the population thereof and get the feeling that this is a community that cares about all of its citizens and it shows. The Romney plan just doesn't fit in Akron these people care too much about each other.

October 26, 2012 10:32 am at 10:32 am |
  10. Ed1

Your tax dollars at work.

October 26, 2012 10:52 am at 10:52 am |