Photo: Obama and Christie meet in New Jersey
October 31st, 2012
1 year ago

Photo: Obama and Christie meet in New Jersey

(CNN) - President Barack Obama and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie meet in Atlantic City, New Jersey, Wednesday ahead of an aerial tour of damage caused by Superstorm Sandy.

Filed under: Chris Christie • New Jersey • President Obama
  1. publicmattersblog

I am proud of President Obama's efforts in this time of need. Times like this remind all Americans of what government is for. http://publicmattersblog.wordpress.com/2012/10/31/president-obama-rescues-new-jersey/

October 31, 2012 03:03 pm at 3:03 pm |
  2. Facts don't Lie

might not sway anybody's vote in this election and might even be forgotten by next Tues, but I have to admit I LOVED how when the FoxNews bunch almost BEGGED Christie either stop saying good things about Obama or at least start saying good things about Romney he didn't take the bait. In fact he made them practically back down. Some times there are things whee you put aside your differences for the good of ALL parties. I commend these two for doing just that.

October 31, 2012 03:05 pm at 3:05 pm |
  3. Tabeth

This how America should be, this the greatness of our dear and cherished Country USA!

October 31, 2012 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |
  4. AzDem

I think America is showing it's true colors! We have not gotten over racism! They have hated the POTUS since day one! Romney has lied over and over. Regardless of Romney being proved a liar...people still will vote for him to get the black man out of office. What a shame!

October 31, 2012 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |
  5. NEVER to VOTE REPUBLICAN again

God Bless the POTUS!
    Forward!

October 31, 2012 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  6. sayer

So glad to see great leaders come together.

October 31, 2012 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  7. Proud American

Both men are doing the job elected to do. Why is CNN or anyone else making a big deal of it?

October 31, 2012 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  8. Bob B

I'm a die hard Democrat, and of course I'll vote for Obama. Could Christie be the next Reagan, and would I vote for him like I did Reagan. Could be.....

October 31, 2012 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  9. simp

American at it's best!! It's sad that most of the repubs don't like lying romney but they are only voting for him trying to get President Obama out of office, what a bunch of haters they would perfer to chance their lives and their families lives on this lying loser than stick with someone who really wants to help them. lying romney don't give a rat's butt about the 47%, hell he just as much said so.

October 31, 2012 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  10. Tabeth

Who is a certfied liar?

October 31, 2012 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  11. Proud American

Hey AZ DEM your remark contradicts itself right off the bat. How can people hate Obama because of his race immediately after just electing him the President? Besides during this campaign it has been Obama proven to have told most non truths. Sorry to burst your bubble.

October 31, 2012 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  12. 1doctor

We need more of this type of cooperation AND we need more photos like this one in our media.

October 31, 2012 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  13. Anonymous

I wish this were a time of a new realized friendship for these two men. Friendship that will transcend future political bullying. What a great thing if they could become models for cooperative politicking. It is very nice to see them come together.

October 31, 2012 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  14. bhull3

Cooperation is the key to good government. Refreshing!

Obama 2012!

October 31, 2012 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  15. Darrell0225

Good example of putting people before the party. That is exactly one of the biggest things that is wrong with this country. It's the party before the people the majority of the time. It is nice to see people working together. ARE YOU LISTENING CONGRESS?

October 31, 2012 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  16. Middle Class Independent Swing State Voter

I just wish that the republicans could have been more bi-partisan when it came to digging us out of the Bush recession. Just imagine how far we would be...

OBAMA/BIDEN '12

October 31, 2012 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  17. MomAJS

Unfortunately, it's taken a tradegy of epic porportions to get some people to sit up and take notice. Well done, Gov. Christie, and POTUS!

October 31, 2012 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  18. Barry

So proud of Governor Christie and President Obama!

October 31, 2012 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  19. Name

If I'm going to buy a used car from Romney he will have to show me the car fax

October 31, 2012 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  20. Mike Ames

Christie's just upset as he his favorite donut shop got swept out to sea. what a p utz.

October 31, 2012 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  21. Mike Ames

In the picture above, Christie looks at Obama like he's a pork chop

October 31, 2012 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  22. WoW, really?

Sure wish Christie would go Dem... Then I would vote for him if he goes 2016. Love that he is working with our POTUS and supporting his efforts instead of climbing aboard the GOP runaway train. Jus sayin

October 31, 2012 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  23. vet in tx

"Although I didn't vote for him, he's the President and I hope he does a good job!"

– John Wayne interview speaking of Kennedy.........

October 31, 2012 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  24. Woman In California

@Montykoolaid

Please let the election be over and I never have to see Romneys face again.

Amen, but I'll add this: I never have to see Romneys face again or listen to his lies and look at his nasty teeth. You would think a person who wants as much attention as he does, would clean their mouth first. It just shows the intelligence level of this creep.

October 31, 2012 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  25. JJ

We the United States of America and POTUS has show all of us how we MUST come together in time of need.
    OBAMA2012!