Photo: Obama and Christie meet in New Jersey
October 31st, 2012

Photo: Obama and Christie meet in New Jersey

(CNN) - President Barack Obama and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie meet in Atlantic City, New Jersey, Wednesday ahead of an aerial tour of damage caused by Superstorm Sandy.

Filed under: Chris Christie • New Jersey • President Obama
  1. Suzanne

Great leadership God bless these men, and god bless the "United States of America".

October 31, 2012 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  2. sammie

I agree with Azdem people will do whatever to get the black man out of office. They don't want to open there eyes that Obama is the right man for the job don't get mad that Gov. Christie is being honest that the President is a being a big help if it was ramen&noodle (romney&ryan that is) they would only be helping the rich. Oh and remember romnesha did'nt answer the question about FEMA

October 31, 2012 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  3. Visanza

Republicans should stop getting excited about this guy. If you cannot see that Christie's speech at the GOP convention was a self campaign and nothing about Romney then something pathetic is wrong with the whole GOP machinery.

Just pathetic.

October 31, 2012 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  4. mike

I wonder what helicopter was used, I don't think Marine 1 would have been able to get off the ground with Christie on board.....especially if he had his snack bag with him

October 31, 2012 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  5. d. Richardson

How nice it is to read positive comments!!! Every time I read something lately, everyone is bashing Obama and praising Romney. It is aweful!! I am sometime shocked at how unrealistic & blind some Americans are! I used to have such confidence in America, but then we did elect W for a second term!! Ouch!

October 31, 2012 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  6. Independent Voter

Our Prez is a class act. The only sane choice in this election. Kudos to the Governor for stating the obvious about our Commander-in-Chief. "He is outstanding."

October 31, 2012 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  7. Facts don't Lie

if Christie were to run in 2016 I just might vote for him......I don't always go for party I go for who I think would be the BEST candidate.

October 31, 2012 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  8. Shuveka

Together in crisis

October 31, 2012 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  9. Kathy Mills

OBAMA 2012. Make your vote count for all Americans.

October 31, 2012 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  10. B

Obama acts presidential once in his term of office (right before the election) and now all the liberals come out of their shells and want to proclaim how great he is. Where was he 24 hours after Benghazi? Oh yeah, Vegas, but I guess libs have selective memory regarding that tragedy. Get a grip, the storm is apolitical and any response/interpretation of events following it should be framed that way too (unless politicians start dishing out clean up jobs to donors or something).

October 31, 2012 03:35 pm at 3:35 pm |
  11. MDDD

Thank you Mr. President & Governor Christie

October 31, 2012 03:36 pm at 3:36 pm |
  12. alicia

This is the kind of man I want as my president. Romney can take his car elevator to his bedroom and go night night.

Obama 2012.

October 31, 2012 03:36 pm at 3:36 pm |
  13. Bryan

So, all of a sudden, Gov Christie's opinion matters to libs...funny.

October 31, 2012 03:37 pm at 3:37 pm |
  14. Dean

Obama told us he was going to lower the sea levels. What happened? Another lie?

October 31, 2012 03:38 pm at 3:38 pm |
  15. Time2Care

I scene like this elevates them both in my eyes. I'm tired of political warfare at the cost of those who hired them.

October 31, 2012 03:39 pm at 3:39 pm |
  16. ST

Both have showed very good example what it takes to help those who really need it. Borrowing JFK words: "If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich".

October 31, 2012 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  17. Marcus

So, again, a huge hurricane/tropical storm (or whatever it its name) hits the USA and the neocons, seeing the 'liberal' POTUS acting as he should (and not as the previous POTUS did with Katrina) try their best to diminish the FACT that he IS presidential material...
    Get a grip fellas...
    PS: Christie is doing just fine as well, since THIS (and not campaign for MItt) was why he was elected for.

October 31, 2012 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  18. cw

No, Bryan... What matters is that both Obama and Christie rose above politics to make sure those suffering get the help necessary.

October 31, 2012 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  19. Lee

Very classy and a rarity in today's political realm. I wish that Chris Christy would sign the gay marriage bill that would really be leadership and standing up for human rights ! I am happy to see them work together.

October 31, 2012 03:48 pm at 3:48 pm |
  20. freedom

@AzDem Your comments are incorrect, and show more racism than any scenario you are offering. The president's skin color has nothing to do with it. If you recall, Colin Powell and Condoleeza Rice were very key in the Bush administration, and there were never racist comments made about them by the Republicans. It's about ideology. Now, Colin Powell is with Obama's ideology, so most conservatives would not support him politically. But I know I'm not alone in saying that a great majority would support and vote for Condoleeza Rice as president – and she's black AND a woman. Racism has nothing to do with who we choose as leader of this great nation and who we feel will best take us to a better place.

October 31, 2012 03:51 pm at 3:51 pm |
  21. tx_gal

@Bryan – So, all of a sudden, Gov Christie's opinion matters to libs...funny.

So, all of a sudden, Gov Christie's opinion DOESN'T matter to the right wingers, hilarious!!

October 31, 2012 03:52 pm at 3:52 pm |
  22. Data Driven

This is excellent news!! For Romney!!!

October 31, 2012 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  23. FactCheck

Hey, I started a new drinking game... every time a wingnut troll posts a comment with the word "Bengazhi" in it, take a shot. You'll be drunk in minutes.

October 31, 2012 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  24. BriSoFla

@ CW is right: "What matters is that both Obama and Christie rose above politics to make sure those suffering get the help necessary."

That is what is wrong with the Rush, and other haters out there. Thank GOD we have Obama in office and NJ has a govenor that is a reasonable person. Lets hope this softens his heart on some other matters.

God bless them and the USA!

October 31, 2012 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  25. Ladicapri

I appreciate the positive comments about our President. This is a time for "OUR" country come together to help one another. Where was he 24 hours after Benghazi? Questioned by B. Well B, he has other official in place to carry out orders. This is own country which states his accountability. Do you want him to act like our former President who didn't act fast with the victims in Hurricane Katrina. Maybe if you experience this devastation you wouldn't ask such stupid questions. Oh, I'm sure this government kept food on your table.

October 31, 2012 03:57 pm at 3:57 pm |