Photo: Obama and Christie meet in New Jersey
October 31st, 2012

Photo: Obama and Christie meet in New Jersey

(CNN) - President Barack Obama and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie meet in Atlantic City, New Jersey, Wednesday ahead of an aerial tour of damage caused by Superstorm Sandy.

Filed under: Chris Christie • New Jersey • President Obama
  1. I Voted Early In NC

I have relatives in NJ that are affected by the storm. I have been updating them because they don't have any electricity. They like Gov. Christie even though they support President Obama. When I told one of them Gov. Christie and The President were togeher this afternoon the response was our Governor will do what is best for us no matter what. This is an example of what our country should be.

October 31, 2012 03:57 pm at 3:57 pm |
  2. Anonymous

Obama 2012, Christie 2016

October 31, 2012 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  3. PJ

@B: "Get a grip, the storm is apolitical..".
    ***
    Romney didn't get your memo, jerk.

October 31, 2012 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  4. leachim64

Obama 2012, Christie 2016.

October 31, 2012 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  5. lathebiosas

Finally a show of cooperation between a Republican and Democrat. Unfortunately people have to die for it to be seen. That's what's really sad.

October 31, 2012 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  6. Ladicapri

It's nothing political about this at all. He's a caring man for all kind. People has bash him for many things. Yet he remain steadfast. We quick to stay what we could have or what someone else could have or should be doing. If you never had the position to run a governmental office or being a commander in chief you don't no what's estate until you are in the situation. Yes, he has made many promises. Yes, he has fail on some of those promises. Yet he tried. It's your Senate and your Congressman who doesn't want progress for this country. It's not about being any race it's about have dignity.

October 31, 2012 04:01 pm at 4:01 pm |
  7. Lynda

Just another political way 4r a vote don't fool me- Romeny/Ryan 2012

October 31, 2012 04:04 pm at 4:04 pm |
  8. High Way

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, you got to give it to him. By putting politics aside his honesty shines. I could not say the same for Mitt Romney. He has the tongue of a serpent crossed with the one of used car sales man.

October 31, 2012 04:05 pm at 4:05 pm |
  9. Thomas

@Bryan
    So, all of a sudden, Gov Christie's opinion matters to libs...funny.

=====

I have always respected Gov Christie for not being a follower of mice . He says what he means , I don't agree with him always , nor would I vote for him . But I find him honest for a Jersey politican .

October 31, 2012 04:06 pm at 4:06 pm |
  10. DENNA

@ – Facts don't Lie – if Christie were to run in 2016 I just might vote for him......I don't always go for party I go for who I think would be the BEST candidate.
    ........................................................................................................................................................................................
    I am a staunch liberal, but I have to say, after the last couple of days, I would consider voting for Chris Christie if the Democratic candidate was weak. I have gained a new respect for this man who obviously cares deeply for New Jersey residents. My prayers will be with Gov. Christie during this terrible time. I have a new respect for him as I've seen another, deeper side of him.

October 31, 2012 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  11. IZeigler

I't so shameful that those with sight refuse to see the light. Any one with anounce of cogniitive ability can compare and contrast the two men running for President and see that there is no choice but to reelect the president. Mitt Romney and his whole campaign staff is a joke. Collecting can good in Ohio for a disaster in NJ, NY and PA when thei infa structure is devistated. How will the food get to the ones that need it. What a joke..clowns in a clown car....

October 31, 2012 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  12. High Way

The picture of President Obama and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is priceless.

October 31, 2012 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  13. Greater Good

Like it or not, Christie does tell it the way it is. Kudos to you, Governor–and Mr. President.
    Way to bridge the divide in a time of crisis.

October 31, 2012 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  14. phyllis chlebowski

BREAKING NEWS.......Mr. Romney just made a statement that he would give FEMA whatever it needs.....ho..ho...ho...Just another inconsistency in your platform, govenor????????

October 31, 2012 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  15. GG

Obama loves to look presidential when he's not busy ruining the country.

October 31, 2012 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  16. 7thSon

New Jersey, finally, has a good Governor (Republican) as well as a good Mayor of Newark (Democrat). I'd vote for either Chris Christie or Cory Booker in an instant!

October 31, 2012 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  17. DENNA

@ – frag – We would like to thank all Mitt Romney supporters for their concern for the citizens of New Jersey. Thank you Governor Christie for putting the lives of Americans first and politics last.
    and, and . . . Thank you PRESIDENT OBAMA for helping to clear any red tape so that Gov. Christie can get the help he needs as fast as possible. Mitts support is trumped by PRESIDENT OBAMA'S ACTIONS.

October 31, 2012 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |