(CNN) – A national poll released Sunday showed President Barack Obama with an edge over Republican nominee Mitt Romney in the last couple days of the 2012 presidential campaign.
The Pew Research Center poll indicates Obama with 50% support among likely voters nationwide and Romney with 47% in their final pre-election survey.
– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker
– Check out the CNN Electoral Map and Calculator and game out your own strategy for November.
The Pew survey showing Obama with a three-point edge over his Republican challenger indicates the largest advantage for the president of three other non-partisan, live operator, national polls released since Saturday.
A Pew survey released a week ago, conducted before Superstorm Sandy hit the East Coast on Monday, showed an even tighter race with both candidates receiving 47% support from likely voters.
The latest ABC/Washington Post tracking poll, conducted from October 31 through November 3 and released Sunday, showed Obama with a one point edge over Romney, 49% to Romney's 48%. The survey's sampling error of plus or minus 2.5 percentage points.
Another national poll from Politico/George Washington University, conducted from October 29 through November 1 and also released Sunday, showed the race for the White House in a dead heat with both candidates at 48% support among likely voters.
The Pew Research Center survey was conducted from October 31 through November 3 among 2,709 likely voters reached by telephone with a sampling error of 2.2 percentage points.
–CNN's Dana Davidsen and Paul Steinhauser contributed to this report.
Obama pulling ahead, we need to keep it up folks, line up , wait and vote like the world depends on it!
And...? Did they call 8% more Dims than Republicans? Polls mean NOTHING at this point...Ask Jimmy Carter.
So glad when all the polls are done- Just another few trying to tell the rest who they think should be President
Oh, so the media says it and therefore it is true?? NOT!!!
You Gary Johnson supporters are wasting your votes! A vote for him is a vote for Obama! Romney/Ryan 2012! ..... just kidding! ;)
With Obama win the world will remain more focused in fight against terrorism,their is hope especially to jobless youths, the revival and fate of middle class depends on how Americans will vote for the president
Oh thank god Romney is the last person we need elected, I am tired of this election already and I have already voted. Come on Tuesday, go Obama!!!
Romney/Ryan are the biggest liars this nation has ever seen in this campaign. How anybody can buy their B.S. is beyond me. I've even had to un-friend people on Facebook because they believe the lies. It did tell me who is crazy enough to watch FoX. ha ha ha ha ha ha
I know who not to send christmas cards and well wishes to. h ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
CNN appears to be favoring Romney! Not fair exposure to Our President , Mr. Obama!!!
I don't care anything about these preliminary polls. The ONLY poll with any credibility is the one on Tuesday, November 6, 2012 when the country sends Willard back home (wherever that is, since none of the places he calls home want anything to do with him). Then, I'll patiently listen to the breakdown of every poll.
Please God, Bless America by giving our president another full term.
Obama is back and will win. Americans trust him because he is honest. Mittens is a cult following, job exporting, draft dodging, tax avoiding bigoted snob.
Tuesday will show that Obama will indeed get another 4 years. Forward OBAMA/BIDEN 2012. I'm from PA, and I'm voting for OBAMA!
Mitt Romney has no plan he has piggybacked on the president this whole time I hope people realize Romney is full of it and voting for Romney would be like choosing Satan over Jesus and its not about race I am a Caucasian American I just know right from wrong and when Republicans said they would do anything to make the president look bad well they have so please go to the polls my fellow Americans and vote four more years president Barack Obama he is the man to get it done and the right choice
Latinos Americanos let's go to VOTE don't let then other people decide by us.
Wooo hoooo – that's MITTMENTUM!!!!! In reverse.
Romneys lies are getting old and obviously he's getting desperate in going overboard on some of these lies being called PANTS ON FIRE by Politifact.com..Women and most others except the unfortunate racist ones see thru his act of being someone who cares,he doesn't and until this election is over he'll still be acting trying to convience voters he's the real mccoy..Money and power is his motive and lying is his way of getting to that position,the presidencial one but quess what republicans the WH and presidency aren't for sale,try back in four years if you have a better candidate because this one is typically flawed!!
I am a white woman living in the US Virgin Islands, I do not know how black, spanish, or average white can vote for Romney. He cares for no one but the rich white people, he wants to be president only for the prestige. He was governor of one state and could not take care of that one state, so how could he take care of 49 other states. When he was governor he gave the american jobs to the illegal white south africans, a doctor friend of mine went to one of Romney rallies to prove something he had suspected and he called me and let me know that people is saying that Romney is flip-flopping, but he met Romney and shaked his hands and just what he suspected that Romney is forgetting a lot because he is in the first stage of Alzheimer's disease. The chinese are making fun of the USA in commercials and give Romney four years and they will own America, but Romney and his family and his rich friends will be on their private jets to Cayman Islands where they all have their big houses and millions in the bank and that is why the USA economy is down because of all the millions they have in the Cayman Islands. Wake up U.S.A and smell the coffee pot burning, Obama is a black man but not a witch doctor that can perform miracles in four years that former president Bush destroyed in eight years, as for Donald Trump he needs to shut his mouth and know that is the strongest working part of his body, he need to give the $5 million to the hurricane victims to help rebuild their houses, plus Romney and his rich friends need to take a million dollars each from their accounts in the Cayman Islands and give to the hurricane victims if he wants to do something. Paul Ryan makes me laugh every time I see him on TV. He looks like a frighten deer caught in a car headlights.
538 politics has Obama is giving Obama an 85% chance of winning and Romney only 15%. The 15% is for sampling error only. Almost every poll has Obama ahead in enough swing states where he would win with over 270 electoral votes. For 90% of the polls to be inaccurate would be highly unlikely and that is why Obama is given a much greater chance than Romney.
One thing for sure, if Pennsylvania is called early and Ohio is too and they are for Obama and Virginia and Florida are too close to call, it's over for Romney.
It's really scary to think we're thisclose to corporate/1% rule in this nation! Hype, distortion & downright lies apparently work better in a campaign than truth! The RR's & their GOT-Party will devastate not just the economy, but our civil rights, as well! They've started w/women & gays, soon it will be all of us! They want to cut services we need & pay for, but give "welfare" to the wealthy! Our air, water & food quality will be deregulated & God forbid your state has a natural disaster; you're on your own! Women & girls will be forced to give birth to their ra.pists children & their husbands will have to support that child! How can we vote for this madness? Obama Next 4!!
I am a single woman, currently going to college to complete my bachelors degree, unemployed, and not receiving unemployment benefits or any income. I voted early.... for Mitt Romney. Frankly, I haven't "liked" any of our presidents or candidates for a long long time, but my vote is always based on what has taken place with the current president and the direction I want the future to go (economy, safety, and so on). I didn't vote for Obama in 2008, because of his plan and his inexperience. I do not (and have not) determine my vote by race, gender, or religious beliefs.
Just 2 more days and bye bye polls.....Obama 2012
ok one poll has it TIED...I have seen some with Romney slightly ahead and this one has the president at 50%. Bottom line GO VOTE and forget the polls. Besides we all know that any poll that favors Obama is "skewed" anyway if you listen to the far right. :)
Notice how they didn't site the more reliable Rasmussen poll which shows Romney leading not only in the popular vote but also in the swing states. Yet another obvious show of bias by the worst news network: CNN. Oh the looks on their faces in two days. We won't fall for your lies!