Obama stumps in Hollywood, Florida
November 4th, 2012
1 year ago

Obama stumps in Hollywood, Florida

Hollywood, Florida (CNN) – President Obama kept up his efforts on Sunday to convince voters he's the only candidate for president that voters can trust.

Addressing a crowd of more than 25,000 supporters on a high school football field here in Broward County, Obama stuck to the closing argument he's been delivering to swing-state voters for the past several days.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

"When you're trying to compare the two candidates' agendas and you're talking about change, you know I know what real change looks like, because I've fought for it," Obama said, trying to counter Mitt Romney's claims that he's the true change candidate. "Because I've brought it. Because I've got the scars to prove it. Because I've got gray hair doing it. And after all we've been through together to bring about change we can't give up on it now, because there's more change to do."

Obama won Broward with 67% of the vote in 2008, and judging by the raised hands during introductions by former Florida Governor Charlie Crist and Florida Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, much of the crowd may have already cast their ballot for the president. But the president called on the crowd to keep fighting for change.

"I don't know about you but I'm not ready to give up on that fight, and I hope you aren't either Florida," the president said. "I hope you still got some fight left in you."

Cuban-American Rapper Pitbull spoke before the president, exciting the crowd with a bilingual call for unity in support of Obama's reelection.

"You know what we got to worry about is sticking together and doing this together, and that's what we're doing here today," Pitbull said. "So it doesn't matter whether we're Latino, black, pink, purple, orange, white, it doesn't matter because we're all Americans and the end of it."

Filed under: 2012 • Florida • President Obama
  1. Marie MD

Who said the twit has more fools coming to his lying rallies? I know numbers are not important in this election for the rethugs but I will take 25,000 over 3,000 any day!

November 4, 2012 05:38 pm at 5:38 pm |
  2. Name

Many are in authority but there's only one in control. God's will, will be done. He has the first & last vote!

November 4, 2012 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  3. jack878

"But the president called on the crowd to keep fighting for change." Change can be for the better or worse. The national debt is 16 trillion that's bad change. We have a new entitlment program that we can't afford called Obamacare. We are spending our children's future on current consumption. It your attitude is the hell with my kids that's their problem, then vote for Obama.

November 4, 2012 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  4. GI Joe

Hmmm – 25,000 is more than 1500 in Marietta, Ohio yesterday.

Romney and Ryan need to wind down. It's all over.

November 4, 2012 07:02 pm at 7:02 pm |
  5. Name

Boy when you gotta go to Pitbull
    We're all in trouble

November 4, 2012 07:19 pm at 7:19 pm |
  6. Marry

Romney represents change alright – from forward where we are heading now – to backward to the Bush years of trickle-down economics!
    Everyone who can think back for more than 4 years knows what to vote for: President Obama! Don't let Romney and the GOP "harvest" the country again!
    Let's get out the vote! There is too much at stake again this time! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!

November 5, 2012 05:08 am at 5:08 am |
  7. van maseya

you have done good Mr.president and i have no doubt that the victory is at hand.God bless America.

November 5, 2012 09:18 am at 9:18 am |