November 7th, 2012

Five things we learned on Election Night

Washington (CNN) – The 2012 presidential election shattered spending records, further polarized a divided country and launched a thousand hashtags. The race appeared to be a nail-biter going into Tuesday night but in the end, it came down to the state that most had been saying for weeks that it would – Ohio.

Here are five things we learned from Tuesday

FULL STORY

Filed under: 2012 • Mitt Romney • President Obama
  1. Tori

Gods principals are everlasting. They aren't of a time period or Era!

November 7, 2012 08:50 am at 8:50 am |
  2. Dean

Glad Obama won...I was afraid of the riots that were going to happen across the county. We've been saved.

November 7, 2012 08:52 am at 8:52 am |
  3. ezduzit757

What I hope Congress has learned is:
    1. Obstructionism is not a winning strategy.
    2. Compromise is not a dirty word – it is your job.
    3. Keep your nose out of peoples bedrooms and vaginas.
    4. Roe v. Wade was settled. Period. Let it go.
    5. The internet is forever, you can't just lie to people and think they won't find out.

November 7, 2012 08:52 am at 8:52 am |
  4. Ann

1. We learned (again, yet and still!) that votes from the west coast do not count when the NEWS organizations want to have a winner before most people go to bed on the east coast, prime example is my own state, with only 7% of the votes counted, the NEWS declared a winner for the entire state. 2. We learned that even though no votes had been counted for Hawaii, that state was declared for Obama, just because he was born there. (Was their voting even closed yet?) 3. We learned that a candidate could concentrate on only 13 COUNTIES in the entire USA, and win. 4. We learned that voters have very short memories, with recent events that have removed important clues as to how the next 4 years may or may not go for us, the ones that will be paying the raising taxes. 5. We learned that most NEWS agencies seemed to have a winner picked out before the start of the voting anyway; like the one I saw that was moving all the little states around showing how one would win with which state, therefore confusing a lot of people into what was the *real* voting. No I do not believe my vote counted, how could I when my state was given away before even 10% of the vote was counted, a winner was declared when no votes at all were counted in other states, an people have forgotten things that could have been important, just due to a horrible storm? Being grateful is one thing for all those tax dollars that are going to pay for the damage to the east coast, but buying the election due to it is something else again.

November 7, 2012 08:55 am at 8:55 am |
  5. tony

To God be the glory great things he hath done.....thank God my President Barack hahahahahahahahahahahahah laughing all the way to the bank, to all the HATER'S go hide your self under a rock for the next 4 year and try again. ha ha

November 7, 2012 08:59 am at 8:59 am |
  6. Dominican mama 4 Obama

And here they are:

1. Obama was decisively and historically re-elected.
    2. Warren won in Massachussets.
    3. Romney lost his home state where people never aksed him for his birth certificate because they knew him and Ann so well to.......President Obama.
    4. Ryan lost his home state to......President Obama.
    5. Romney really, REALLY, REALLY has a HUGE problem with MATH. 270 Obama with or without OHIO. Clinton was right.

GOD BLESS OUR PRESIDENT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA. GOD CONTINUES TO BLESS AMERICA WITH THE BEST!!!!!

November 7, 2012 09:00 am at 9:00 am |
  7. Guest

We learned there is a growing number if ignorant Amercians, a large majority of them dont even know what the issues are.

November 7, 2012 09:19 am at 9:19 am |
  8. Ann

Hi Dominican mama 4 Obama,
    I don't agree or disagree as to who won the election for President, at least in public and over the net. I am not trying to start a fight, I think my point was just about the fact that the vote counting for or against anyone was rushed by NEWS agencies, again. I know my own state is still counting votes. I do however, believe that all states should have a *chance* to finish counting their votes before a winner is declared. I personally do not care if we elect a purple-man-with-pink-spots or a pink-man-with-purple-spots, as long as he has THIS COUNTRY'S BEST INTEREST in his heart, mind and soul.

November 7, 2012 09:20 am at 9:20 am |
  9. Eric Beishline

We learned that democracy does still work, even though I have had my doubts at different times. Also, that this country has changed its makeup from traditional WASP characteristics and atitudes to a true melting pot of diversity. "The American people have spoken."

November 7, 2012 09:25 am at 9:25 am |
  10. Paul

Ann – if the news organizations wanted, they could project winners in the west coast states NOW for 2016. News flash: they're gonna be blue. It's not going to change. Very liberal states that will not go republican. The same can be said about many states that are very republican red and will never go democrat. You still vote because it's your right and your responsibility, not to mention there are many other races and issues to vote for beyond president. The electoral college is here to stay and so are news organizations covering the election. It's not worth worrying about because it's not going to change.

November 7, 2012 09:30 am at 9:30 am |
  11. Middle Class Independent Swing State Voters

I learned that GOD is in control of all things. Good will always win over lies, bigotry, and obstruction. And last but not least, WE ARE ONE (black, white, latino, asian, women, men, gay, straight, etc). So it's time that we reflect God's Love and UNITE to make this country great again.

November 7, 2012 09:35 am at 9:35 am |
  12. Anthony

Stop living in the make-believe universe created by FOX News and the talk radio, conservatives, or this is happening again in 2016.

November 7, 2012 09:48 am at 9:48 am |
  13. Lynda/Minnesota

We learned that Ann Coulter was right and Mitch McConnell was wrong.

Now, maybe - just maybe - Congress will actually work with our President toward a better America instead of raging a hissy fit AGAINST our President and America.

Frankly, I'm weary of their sour grape obstruction.

November 7, 2012 09:50 am at 9:50 am |