Buffett hopes for a Clinton White House in 2016
November 14th, 2012

Buffett hopes for a Clinton White House in 2016

(CNN) – Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said he hopes Hillary Clinton will become the first female president of the United States in 2016.

"I don't see how you could have anybody better qualified," Buffett told CNN's Poppy Harlow in an exclusive interview Wednesday about the current Secretary of State and 2008 White House hopeful.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

"I like what she believes in," said Buffett. "I think she's extraordinarily able and energetic for that matter in pushing those beliefs."

Buffett not worried about fiscal cliff

Buffett, a Democrat and the namesake for the bill known as the "Buffett Rule" that would require people earning $1 million a year or more to pay at least 30% in taxes, supported both President Barack Obama and Clinton as presidential candidates in four years ago. He held fund-raisers and donated money to each of the candidates' campaigns.

The bill, which failed to pass the Senate in April, was intended to prevent the wealthy from paying a lower actual tax rate than most middle class workers, a proposal Buffett, Obama and a number of Democrats have endorsed.

Clinton is finishing her term in the Obama administration and has said she will not run for the president in the next election insisting she is finished with politics for good.

–CNN's Dana Davidsen contributed to this report.

Filed under: 2012 • Warren Buffett
  1. sambark

Did we forget the bitter Primary race in 2008 ? It was hard to belive that so many women were against her in that race. Those who sincerely though that she is eligible have not forgot how many of her so called friends deserted her in that Primary race. Many people of her own party were extremely critical of her and now expecting her to representing them on 2016.....

November 14, 2012 05:07 pm at 5:07 pm |
  2. Sorensen

Mr. Buffett is right in so many ways. (Makes it even more painful to look at Adelson, Kochs, Trump, Fox, Limbaugh,etc.)

November 14, 2012 05:11 pm at 5:11 pm |
  3. Ambrose Smith

If Hillary runs in 2016 the Republicans will counter with Sarah Palin. LMAO! Yeah right. Clinton would make Palin look like the fool she is.

November 14, 2012 05:18 pm at 5:18 pm |
  4. Claudia, Houston, Tx

What happened in Benghazi should stay in Benghazi even though I regret the death of 4 great Americans, it didn't happen on American soil. Thank God.

November 14, 2012 05:18 pm at 5:18 pm |
  5. GuyinVA

But wait. I thought all the rich guys were republicans. Warren Buffet has tons of money. He's THE OTHER. You know, the enemy of all that is good and wholesome. Worse yet, I think he actually EARNED his money. For shame.

November 14, 2012 05:19 pm at 5:19 pm |
  6. heywood

He should stick to investing. Id bet him all his money with 10 to 1 odds it will not happen. She does not have the personality for the job. Remember how well she handles health care in 1993?

November 14, 2012 05:19 pm at 5:19 pm |
  7. On The West Coast

"Buffett, a Democrat and the namesake for the bill known as the "Buffett Rule" that would require people earning $1 million a year or more to pay at least 30% in taxes, "

How convenient Warren, all of your income is from dividends THAT ARE TAXED AT A 15% RATE!!!!!

November 14, 2012 05:20 pm at 5:20 pm |
  8. Woman In California

It will never happen.

November 14, 2012 05:22 pm at 5:22 pm |
  9. steve

Can I vote for her now as the 2016 President?

November 14, 2012 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  10. UPBEAT

Buffet needs to butt out. I would not support Clinton. She let Obama destroy her during the primary race in 2008 then turned around and took a position in his adminstration. No respect from me for either her or Bill.

November 14, 2012 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  11. truthsaid

Hillary, I believe, will be 68, not 70 in 2016. Anyway, age never stopped McCain, Reagan, Dole

November 14, 2012 05:26 pm at 5:26 pm |
  12. just sayin

>Claudia, Houston, Tx
    >What happened in Benghazi should stay in Benghazi even though I regret the death of 4 great Americans,
    >it didn't happen on American soil. Thank God.

american embassies and consulates are considered american soil. why do you think people go there for safety and amnesty requests? pardon me but your ignorance is showing. no surprise for obama koolaide drinkers.

November 14, 2012 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  13. Ancient Texan

Buffet has been fighting the IRS for years over back taxes he owes. He just likes to throw out that disengenious apples vs. oranges argument.

November 14, 2012 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  14. Mark

Sorry...it doesn't matter. Jeb Bush will be the next President of the United States.

November 14, 2012 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  15. MaryM

I am with you Warren, I would love to see Hillary in the WH

November 14, 2012 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  16. David

As much as it pains me, I believe she would be a really good president. She has the experience. She has the toughness. She has the brains. She's past menopause (I know...it is a stupid thing to say...but I did anyway).

November 14, 2012 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  17. Liberal and Proud

I could NOT agree more with Warren Buffett !! HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON FOR PRESIDENT IN 2016 !! ALL THE WAY !!

November 14, 2012 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  18. TheVoice2

I love Hillary, but she is done with politics.

Elizabeth Warren 2016!

An intelligent charasmatic witty woman, Harvard Professor, has faught Wall St and their special interests (GOP), and is for the Middle Class. What more do we want America!!

November 14, 2012 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |
  19. us_1776

I have to agree, Warren.

Hilary has the intelligence and toughness to be President.

November 14, 2012 05:45 pm at 5:45 pm |
  20. Me IN HOUSTON

PLEASE RUN IN 2016 HILLARY!
    I promise there won't be some young upstart Senator from outta no where to steal the spotlight away from you this time!

November 14, 2012 05:46 pm at 5:46 pm |
  21. caesarbc

Clinton in 2016... that shouldn't be a problem. Republicans will still be led by Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity negativity and polarization, and will probably effectively ostracize every possible ethnic group in the country except old white rich men.

November 14, 2012 05:50 pm at 5:50 pm |
  22. Jennifer P

I agree with Buffet, never in America have we had someone more qualified then Hillary Clinton to be president of the United States. Hillary Clinton for President 2016!!!

November 14, 2012 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |
  23. Former Republican, now an Independent

I agree with Warren Buffet on many things and this is one more.

November 14, 2012 05:56 pm at 5:56 pm |
  24. Observer

The older one gets . . . well, the older one gets.

November 14, 2012 06:17 pm at 6:17 pm |
  25. GonzoinHouston

And should it come to pass, the republicans will have nobody but themselves to blame.

November 14, 2012 06:18 pm at 6:18 pm |