Buffett hopes for a Clinton White House in 2016
November 14th, 2012

Buffett hopes for a Clinton White House in 2016

(CNN) – Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said he hopes Hillary Clinton will become the first female president of the United States in 2016.

"I don't see how you could have anybody better qualified," Buffett told CNN's Poppy Harlow in an exclusive interview Wednesday about the current Secretary of State and 2008 White House hopeful.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

"I like what she believes in," said Buffett. "I think she's extraordinarily able and energetic for that matter in pushing those beliefs."

Buffett not worried about fiscal cliff

Buffett, a Democrat and the namesake for the bill known as the "Buffett Rule" that would require people earning $1 million a year or more to pay at least 30% in taxes, supported both President Barack Obama and Clinton as presidential candidates in four years ago. He held fund-raisers and donated money to each of the candidates' campaigns.

The bill, which failed to pass the Senate in April, was intended to prevent the wealthy from paying a lower actual tax rate than most middle class workers, a proposal Buffett, Obama and a number of Democrats have endorsed.

Clinton is finishing her term in the Obama administration and has said she will not run for the president in the next election insisting she is finished with politics for good.

–CNN's Dana Davidsen contributed to this report.

Filed under: 2012 • Warren Buffett
  1. cybermonkeytech

Yeah, but she has categorically ruled out running, numerous times, including since the election. We need to focus on finding the perfect candidate for 2016, not on hoping she will change her mind.

November 14, 2012 09:50 pm at 9:50 pm |
  2. Meki60

Hiliary is definitely fraudulant and criminal enough to be an eual to Obama.

November 14, 2012 09:53 pm at 9:53 pm |
  3. Jim

Too bad it wasn't Hillary in 2012. Thank goodness for a strong cabinet to carry us four more years. Can't argue with stupid in re-electing Obama/Biden. Hillary as soon as possible!

November 14, 2012 09:56 pm at 9:56 pm |
  4. Ghicks

Hillary for 2016. I think she should have won on 2008 while Obama learned his craft...Just my bad. She would be great.

November 14, 2012 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  5. american

I would vote for her in a heartbeat but for her sake and peace, i hope she retires from politics and just enjoys her life.

November 14, 2012 10:27 pm at 10:27 pm |
  6. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

I wonder what take for Hillary Clinton to run for the presidency in 2016. I don't think that Warren's support would be enough.

November 14, 2012 10:38 pm at 10:38 pm |
  7. galactusx

"comments are not pre-screened before they post." If this does not show up then that is a lie.

November 14, 2012 10:41 pm at 10:41 pm |
  8. galactusx

No Bush will ever be president of the United States. We need other names besides Bush and Clinton...like Biden/Warren.

November 14, 2012 10:43 pm at 10:43 pm |
  9. floyd

Hey Mark , your republican party is done for , the american people have had enough of the GOP and their caveman racist ideals. Jeb Bush will not win and none of yourGOP clowns will either.

November 14, 2012 10:43 pm at 10:43 pm |
  10. Mericer

Hilary has plenty of experience but none of the energy.

November 14, 2012 10:59 pm at 10:59 pm |
  11. honest marie

Yea. I am in for that. About time!!!

November 14, 2012 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  12. Anonymous

She can't do her taxes without taking her husband's underwear as a write-off.
    She can't find subpoenaed documents when they're right there in her private quarters at the White House.
    She can't protect the consulates that are under her direct command, even after multiple attacks and requests for more security.
    Yeah, she sounds like she'd do a great job as president. Of something. Not the United States. But something.

November 14, 2012 11:22 pm at 11:22 pm |
  13. Bea

Hillary should be president now, but I will be content if she runs in 2016.

November 14, 2012 11:26 pm at 11:26 pm |
  14. mooseknuckle

LOL @Mark... Jeb Bush??? Are you joking?? George W. is the reason NO ONE TRUSTS THE REPUBLICAN PARTY, and they WILL NEVER WIN ANOTHER ELECTION AGAIN!!! lol I did enjoy the laugh Mark. Try again, after another 30 years, when the Repubs rebrand!

November 14, 2012 11:27 pm at 11:27 pm |
  15. Namei gota big one

Republicans are finished,

November 14, 2012 11:36 pm at 11:36 pm |
  16. Reality Checker

If Clinton doesn't run in 2016 I've got my eye on Elizabeth Warren. She's a powerhouse .

November 14, 2012 11:41 pm at 11:41 pm |
  17. Ann

For sure Monica will publish her book and Jennifer Flowers will re-appear again. And Vince Foster will speak from the grave. Suicide? Really.

November 14, 2012 11:50 pm at 11:50 pm |
  18. tallulah13

I'd vote for Hillary in a heartbeat. I hope she runs.

November 14, 2012 11:53 pm at 11:53 pm |
  19. Name

Hillary Clinton will run for President for 2016, she just doesn't realize this yet. I personally think she would make a fine President.

President Hillary Clinton!!!!😊

November 15, 2012 12:00 am at 12:00 am |
  20. Anthony Heyward

I really like Joe Biden, but a Hillary campaign is more exciting and chances are she'll win.

November 15, 2012 12:13 am at 12:13 am |
  21. perrochato

That's a go HOUSTON we're set for lift off!!! Can't wait!

November 15, 2012 12:15 am at 12:15 am |
  22. Bill Davis

Got to Love Hillery, her man got a BJ in the oval office and she still hanging in there...

She use to be a good commodity trader, in the old days, she was a good picker, with a little inside info...

She is past retirement age...she's done..

November 15, 2012 12:30 am at 12:30 am |
  23. california girl

I have so much admiration for Hillary...tough and intelligent...as well as "classy."
    I look forward to Election 2016...Hillary Clinton for President!!

November 15, 2012 12:40 am at 12:40 am |
  24. Salam

The GOP need to keep up the good work, they should keep their ideology to unsure a democratic president in the White House, Hilary Clinton or any other democrat for that matter.

November 15, 2012 12:42 am at 12:42 am |
  25. Derekame

I sincerely hope Hillary steps into the race in 2016. Republican ideology is currently so racial, religious, and anti-gay now that makes them impossible to support even though I basically support their economic platform of less government. I just wish they would express the ideal of less government on people's individual lives the same way they do on de-regulation of business.

November 15, 2012 12:46 am at 12:46 am |