November 14th, 2012

First on CNN: Pelosi to run again for Democratic leader

(CNN) - House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi is asking Democrats to keep her in the position for the next session of Congress beginning in January, Democratic sources told CNN Wednesday.

One Democratic source close to Pelosi said she would "continue to lead a united Democratic Caucus that will play a crucial role in developing a responsible deficit reduction package – working with President Obama and our colleagues in the Senate – that protects Social Security and Medicare, the middle class and children, while asking the wealthiest Americans to pay their fair share."

CNN's Dana Bash and Deirdre Walsh contributed to this report.

Filed under: Nancy Pelosi
  1. Larry in Houston

@The Real Truth – I will have to agree with only "part" of your comment – – @ Almost unemployed – – I will have to agree with Just about all of your comment. I lived in that area for 47 of my 57 years – worked there for 28 of those yrs in one place , in a Factory – til we got sold out, then shut down. Best thing I ever done is "migrate" to where the money is flowing like water – I even know people that is in the "pooper scooper" Business is making between 50K & 60K per yr. google: Poop de scoop – or pooper scooper -

November 14, 2012 11:57 am at 11:57 am |
  2. Graham Krueger

If obama can't grow a pair dealing with the Republicans he should borrow Pelosi's. She doesn't mess around, and I love her for it. She passed both a Public Option and Cap-and-Trade with 0 support from the administration or the Senate. Wish we had 5 more like her in leadership positions.

November 14, 2012 12:01 pm at 12:01 pm |
  3. plain&simple

Pelosi is old school....time for a change will come but not until 2016. By then most of the old school style politics will not be needed if the voters have dome their homework.

November 14, 2012 12:01 pm at 12:01 pm |
  4. Jay

I hope I can call you Speaker in 2014.

November 14, 2012 12:04 pm at 12:04 pm |
  5. Jay

To JC:

Do whiners of the ACA ever think if preventing health profitting/insurance companies from denying innocent kids with terrible diseases health coverage so they can access the best possible care is a terrible thing?

To every whiner of the ACA, I hope God provides you the opportunity to experience first hand in your life what it feels like on the other side of the ACA debate – to need health coverage. Deal with a terrible disease and worry about how to pay for it – I hope you have the opportunity to see what that feels like.

November 14, 2012 12:10 pm at 12:10 pm |
  6. banasy©

Contrary to popular belief, the EPA isn't some demon group, and most of the regulations have been in place for decades.

November 14, 2012 12:16 pm at 12:16 pm |
  7. Rick 7809

This is the democrats first mistake of the next Congress.

November 14, 2012 12:23 pm at 12:23 pm |
  8. RogueRobots

JAY – excellent response to those who want to repeal the ACA. I worked at an insurance company which administered health insurance for a plan in Texas which provides coverage for employees of Southern Baptist churches. These policies were underwritten which means anyone with certain pre-existing conditions or who was too fat could be denied. How very Christian they were to deny coverage to their own ministers, members of the minister's family, and other employees of their church! Hey Christians – who would Jesus deny healthcare to?

November 14, 2012 12:31 pm at 12:31 pm |
  9. John

Jay, while there is no doubt that certain reforms were needed for the situation you describe, never forget that change brings consequences. Since ACA was passed, I will no longer be covered under my employer provided care. My costs will be going up exponentially for lesser coverage. How is it fair that people who couldn't get coverage can do so now but people who have affordable coverage will no longer have it? Seems to me that you are only thinking with half your brain because I shouldn't be penalized because you couldn't afford healthcare.

November 14, 2012 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  10. Ken

You go, Girl!!!!!

November 14, 2012 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  11. Anonymous

We need less polarizing people in charge. Bringing her back makes everything the same.

November 14, 2012 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |
  12. RogueRobots

Nancy is a strong, compassionate, fearless leader. She has my thanks for a job well done and my support for the future.

November 14, 2012 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  13. Sorry Charlie

Wonderful, will be an easy target again for the next two years!

November 14, 2012 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  14. uncdig

what a beautiful picture of beautiful women in politics

November 14, 2012 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  15. Getoverit

We have to elect her to see what's in her...

November 14, 2012 12:55 pm at 12:55 pm |