Two high-profile governors races ensure 2013 won't be quiet year
November 14th, 2012
1 year ago

Two high-profile governors races ensure 2013 won't be quiet year

(CNN) – Take a larger than life governor who may have designs on the White House and a battleground state crucial in presidential politics, and guess what: 2013 might not be as quiet a political year as you thought.

New Jersey and Virginia are the only two states to hold gubernatorial contests in the year after a presidential election, and in both states, the campaign clocks are already ticking.

FULL STORY

Filed under: 2013 • Bob McDonnell • Chris Christie • Cory Booker • Mark Warner • New Jersey • Virginia
  1. FactCheck

Christie has got his re-election in the bag. McDonell may want to start scouring the want ads. I'm sure there is a need for non-medical experts in ultrasounds.

November 14, 2012 06:19 pm at 6:19 pm |
  2. banasy©

I am rather glad I don't live anywhere near those states; I've had my fill of political commercials.

November 14, 2012 06:51 pm at 6:51 pm |
  3. Bill

I was never a fan of Christie, but seeing him do what was right for his state, while putting politics aside and working with the president (much to the dismay of the hapless GOP), scored a lot of quality points and greatly improved my opinion of him. Good work, Gov. Christie.

November 14, 2012 06:58 pm at 6:58 pm |
  4. GonzoinHouston

Love him or hate him, Chris Christie is always fun to watch.

November 14, 2012 09:35 pm at 9:35 pm |
  5. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

Christie is likely to run for reelection. If the Democrats are going to win, then they need someone who can campaign. If he or she campaigns like Corzine did, then Christie wins reelection.

November 14, 2012 10:53 pm at 10:53 pm |
  6. J.V.Hodgson

I believe Christie has presidential aspirations and that Virginia will change hands
    I think republicans lose these two states in 2013 gubernatorial elections.
    We'll see!?

Regards,
    hodgson

November 15, 2012 03:14 am at 3:14 am |
  7. MarieMD

It doesn't matter what happened in NJ christie will NEVER be president.

November 15, 2012 06:42 am at 6:42 am |