After gay marriage successes, activists look to build on new faith outreach techniques
November 30th, 2012
3 months ago

(CNN) – It may not sound very powerful, but gay rights activist Debra Peevey said that a two-inch green button played a major role in convincing voters to legalize gay marriage this month in her home state of Washington.

“Another Person of Faith Approves R. 74,” said the button, which refers to the ballot initiative that wound up legalizing gay marriage in Washington.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Same-sex marriage
  1. DENNA

I dont' see why gay marriage cannot be allowed. It in no way destroys straight marriage, it is no threat at all. Gay people's needs should be considered just as any other American's needs. LOL I think that people who oppose gay marriage as a sin, could probably not stand to have their "holy" lives scruitinized too closely. Never know what skeletons might be in their good closets. :-)

November 30, 2012 07:39 am at 7:39 am |
  2. Just a thought

I'm not a gay marriage supporter per se, but I do support everyone's FREEDOM to marry who they please. But by the same measure, I don't think churches should be required to perform gay marriages. I have grown in my acceptance of gay marriage. Maybe Re-dumblicans can grow too?

November 30, 2012 08:57 am at 8:57 am |
  3. Al-NY,NY

DENNA

----------------------

same here. the holy rollers and their never-ending crusade to convert everyone to their thinking is what is standing in people's way of happiness. gay marriage has NO, NONE, ZILCH effect on marriage but they'll not stop ever in thinking otherwise

November 30, 2012 09:03 am at 9:03 am |
  4. slim

I don't agree with this type of union taking place in certain churhes..it should be down @ city or town hall since they approve of it so much..

November 30, 2012 09:13 am at 9:13 am |
  5. Jerubbaal

My bible tells me that we all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God and that our Lord and Saviour Christ Jesus died to redeem us of all our sins. God desires us to bestow mercy to our fellow human beings just as He bestows his tender mercies to us.

November 30, 2012 09:25 am at 9:25 am |
  6. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

The same sex marriage ban supporters, do they have some reason why beyond their belief that the Bible says so?

The same sex marriage supporters, do they have something that calms the fears of others who don't think this is proper? I don't think that there is a problem with it, but there needs to be some consideration for the other side's understanding.

November 30, 2012 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  7. rs

Dear So-called Christians,

If same-sex marriage offends you, please, by all means don't enter into one. However, please understand that your voice is no more or less valuable than anyone else's in our society, and hence, just because you harbor such a prejudice, do not expect everyone else to honor it.This is a civil rights matter. It was not all that long ago that "Christians" like yourself stood at the barriers FOR civil rights, and against oppression. Perhaps you should pray about THAT.

November 30, 2012 09:55 am at 9:55 am |