Hillary Clinton tributes fuel 2016 buzz
December 3rd, 2012

Hillary Clinton tributes fuel 2016 buzz

(CNN) - Despite her repeated statements that she will leave public service once her successor is in place, buzz about a possible second run for the presidency by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is in full force following the showing of a tribute video of her career.

Before delivering remarks on U.S. and Israeli relations Friday, the Saban Center for Middle East Policy at the Brookings Institution rolled out a video replete with soaring music and effusive praise of Clinton's career by high-profile leaders and luminaries, and with it, continued speculation about whether she really has run her last political race.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Larry L

Secretary Clinton has done a magnificent job and should she consider to run, would make a terrific candidate for the Presidency.

December 3, 2012 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  2. Woman In California

Well, I guess I'll have to go third party in 2016 (for the first time in my life), if the choice is between her and Jeb Bush.

December 3, 2012 02:19 pm at 2:19 pm |
  3. Dominican mama 4 Obama

If she runs she has my vote.

December 3, 2012 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  4. Rick McDaniel

That would be like going from the fire to the furnace.

Not one bit better.

December 3, 2012 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  5. The Real Tom Paine

-Rick McDaniel

That would be like going from the fire to the furnace.

Not one bit better.
    ********************************
    And a Bush retread is the best the Flat-Earth society can offer? Please, Ricky.

December 3, 2012 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  6. Larry in Houston

I'm retired – but I would have given up my Job to campaign for Hillary Clinton, believe me. Telephone calls / knocking on doors / pounding the pavement / whatever it took . After reading Your Post – I agree – she's most likely "Over – Qualified" to be perfectly honest. And, In Fact , I would have Voted for Her, if it was between Obama & Her. But, I was a Democrat – now turned Independent. The problem is the fact that this country doesn't want to go back to a "Leave it to Beaver" or "Green Acres" mind – set. We should be lookin toward 2012 – not the 1950's or 1960's . . .

December 3, 2012 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  7. dan

I would certainly feel sorry for any white gainfully employed male if Hilliary decides that her family needs anymore of the taxpayers money.

December 3, 2012 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  8. Data Driven

Wishful thinking. The Dem nominee in 2016 will not be Clinton. Nor Biden. It will instead be someone we're not talking about right now. 4 years is a long way off. That's a hint to talk about today's news, CNN.

December 3, 2012 02:44 pm at 2:44 pm |
  9. chilly g

if Hillary runs for president she will get my vote and my financial support.

December 3, 2012 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  10. Orchid333

I think if Hillary ran in 2016 the right would be made destitute by another shutout. Can't think of a better person fit for the position following Obama.

December 3, 2012 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  11. Larry in Houston

CNN – You Must to go to The Cafferty Files – Mr. Cafferty has a post on this subject – and I don't remember how many comments. But I hope people will Read His Post – regarding Hillary Clinton, as the "Answer" –

Regards,
    Larry in Houston

December 3, 2012 02:48 pm at 2:48 pm |
  12. Linda

If she runs, it's a sure win. She has to do it. How could anyone walk away from being the first US Women President. She'll have the next 4 years to rest, regroup and prepare. I'll write her in if she doens't run. :()

December 3, 2012 02:50 pm at 2:50 pm |
  13. 2012liberal

Hilary will run n 2016 and the orginize for america org will b handed over 2 her. And she will win!

December 3, 2012 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  14. hammerschlag

Yes, that is all we need, a Presidential candidate with an age of 69 years on her back. She has been on the payroll long enough. Pick a candidate with vitality and gusto not an old lady.

December 3, 2012 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  15. Claudia, Houston, Tx

Run Hillary Run, your Country still needs you, we got your back.

December 3, 2012 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  16. hammerschlag

And what has she accomplished? Name one thing? Peace in the Middle East? Friendly relations with China? Russia? Iran? We have nothing but a bunch of zero's in the State Department. Bolton is a super Zero.

December 3, 2012 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  17. GonzoinHouston

As long as the GOP is so far out to the right it will be easy for any democrat to be elected. Republicans barf in their scotch at the thought of "President Hillary Clinton", but unless they find better candidates and policies, they will be giving her the White House on a silver platter.

December 3, 2012 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  18. Progressive From Texas

@Rick McDaniel

That would be like going from the fire to the furnace.

Not one bit better.
    ================================================================================================Have you noticed that she's white? I know how important that is to you. But wait... Mitt was white... very, very white...

December 3, 2012 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  19. Gregory M. Newbold

Mrs. Clinton would have 1 of the strongest resumes EVER for President – former Senator, Secretarty of State, and although she ducked incoming fire over Bosnia, her time as 1st Lady still adds to her awareness of "presidential issues". She is a smart woman and being able to observe and contemplate tough topics in the safety of not being in office for 16 years [Arkansa & Whitehouse] gives her a unique resevior of experiences to leverage.

In the eyes of the shrinking white majority, the Democrats under Obama need to co-opt the mantle of fiscal responsibility from the GOP. Already striped of the myth of Foreign policy expertise, if they lose fiscal responsibility , the GOP won`t be able to beat Clinton in 2016, nor her VEEP in 2020.

December 3, 2012 03:38 pm at 3:38 pm |
  20. jpmichigan

I sure do hope she runs again. She is more than qualified. She definitly would know how to lead and govern.

December 3, 2012 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |