December 14th, 2012
1 year ago

Barbra Streisand: I've never been in love with a Republican

(CNN) - She sings, acts, and directs, but one thing Barbra Streisand cannot imagine doing is falling in love with a Republican.

"Have you ever been in love with a Republican?" CNN's Piers Morgan asked the legend in an interview airing Friday.

"Never," Streisand responded.

"Could you ever be?," followed Morgan.

"No," she insisted. "Well, I mean unless there was an enormous sexual chemistry and, you know, and I had to – we never talked about politics, maybe. But I can't quite imagine it, no."

READ WHAT STREISAND THINKS OF PRESIDENT OBAMA AND HILLARY CLINTON.

Watch Piers Morgan Live weeknights 9 p.m. ET. For the latest from Piers Morgan click here.

Filed under: TV-Piers Morgan
  1. Guest

I'm a Democrat, but politics should only be divisive in a voting booth.

December 14, 2012 08:25 am at 8:25 am |
  2. Kelby in Houston, TX

Why is this on the political ticker?
    Why is this even considered as news?
    This should not be on the political ticker
    This is not news

December 14, 2012 08:28 am at 8:28 am |
  3. Sandy

'No' she couldn't be? How incredibly myopic! Disappointing for sure

December 14, 2012 08:31 am at 8:31 am |
  4. sundownr

Barbara has always shown good judgement in her career.

December 14, 2012 08:51 am at 8:51 am |
  5. Alejandro Luevano

Me too I will never imagine my self falling in love with the republican party I fin it very noninclusive of minorities and it is a party that defends the rich that want to keep us down ( the poor ) for ever.

December 14, 2012 08:53 am at 8:53 am |
  6. DENNA

I love Barbra Streisand's talent. Now I know she also has a good dose of common sense too! Great to know that the very sexy, aging well James Brolin is one of the good guys too. Seriously, looking at what belongs to the GOP now, I cannot see any decent woman wanting one of these anti-woman neanderthals. I mean, John Boehner, Mitch McConnell, Mitch Daniels? Ick. I thought Paul Ryan was attractive too until he opened his big, conservative mouth. Oh well, they all have wives so I guess someone has to love them. :-(

December 14, 2012 08:53 am at 8:53 am |
  7. DENNA

Can't say I blame her. The current crop of Republican men make themselves unappetizing with their anti-female speeches. They seriously could not make themselves more unappealing. Hello Mourdock, Akin and Joe Walsh!

December 14, 2012 09:00 am at 9:00 am |
  8. Rudy NYC

I can think of a few right wing women who probably think the same way about Democrats. She's exercising her right to free speech. If she said she didn't like men who smoke, or guys who hate football, would we care?

December 14, 2012 09:05 am at 9:05 am |
  9. Paco

Oh Babs just go away, i think all of America is sick of you

December 14, 2012 09:06 am at 9:06 am |
  10. Rico Sauve

She is a very very smart woman!! Good for you!!

December 14, 2012 09:10 am at 9:10 am |
  11. CA Independent

Democrats, what has happened to you over the years? You have become the most hateful group! The speeches are over the top, promotion of violence and crime. Not only promoted, but condoned when it comes to the Occupy idiots. Your constant attack of others beliefs is abhorrent and sickening.

December 14, 2012 09:11 am at 9:11 am |
  12. A little sad

Paco

Oh Babs just go away, i think all of America is sick of you

Don't you love people who think they can talk for the entire country?

(BTW, I never thought about Don Johnson as a political person, but I would have thought if he had a preference, he would have been a Republican, at least during his Miami Vice days, when Repubs were a little more sane.)

December 14, 2012 09:21 am at 9:21 am |
  13. Ed1

That's because there isn't a Republican that would want to love you, kind of easy don't you think.

December 14, 2012 09:24 am at 9:24 am |
  14. plain&simple

Republicans are people too! Some are even good people.....the good ones need to not be the silent majority any longer. It's the tea party and fat republicans who are un loveable!!! Even Barbara should know that.....

December 14, 2012 09:26 am at 9:26 am |
  15. tammyk tammy

Single white females is one of the fastest growing demographics. When the choice is between having Repuglican ideology invade your life or being single, many of us prefer to remain single. Like Babs, we can't quite stomach the thought of being in a relationship with a Neaderthal who thinks we don't deserve equal pay or have the right to control our own bodies or who follows a selfish ideology that has little concern for the whole of society or who spends his weekend attending gun shows. Since there aren't enough Democrat males to go around, we are increasingly choosing to remain single.

December 14, 2012 09:35 am at 9:35 am |
  16. Marie MD

It's hard to be in love wi a man who believes women's bodies shut down in cases of rape or that a rapist child is a gift from god. Add to that equation trying to control women and our reproductive rights in the 12th year of 21st century and look up Neanderthal. Then again, comparing the repug to a caveman is insulting to our ancestors.

December 14, 2012 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  17. Rick McDaniel

They probably have zero love for her, as well.

I am not a Republican, and I have no love for her, at all.

December 14, 2012 10:04 am at 10:04 am |
  18. Ancient Texan

And on the other side of the coin, what Republican in their right mind would fall in love with a far left radical like Streisand?

December 14, 2012 10:12 am at 10:12 am |
  19. luke evans

who would ever want her opinion, republicans are lucky if she dosent want to have a love affair with them.

December 14, 2012 10:21 am at 10:21 am |
  20. charles bowen

The Republican Party, Tea Party , Righteous Rebel Right Have Divided this country as much as the Civil War did ...They are the Self serving, Self Righteous, Self Important, Selfish Base of the Party of No, the Republican't Party ...We need to go back to The Way we Were One Nation .......Charles Bowen Solomon Stone

December 14, 2012 10:24 am at 10:24 am |